PDA

View Full Version : E30: 1987 325i Black Metallic, 187K with known history

racer-x
10-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I have a nice 1987 E30 325i in Diamant Schwartz. Yes, it's a 5 SPEED.
It's kind of a time warp, all factory original survivor car.

Houndstooth interior. In great shape except for wear on driver seat bolster.
The driver seat is covered but in decent shape.
I am not going to go into great detail here, but the ownership history is known. The previous owner was 75+ years old. It was maintained at an independent BMW shop by a former technician from a Toronto BMW dealership.
Items like the timing belt and water pump were all addressed, with receipts and documented mileage.
I put a new rear subframe on because the rear backing plates were rotted and the emergency brakes had been removed. Everything was sandblasted and painted. The brake lines (front to back) were ordered from the local BMW dealer, and replaced at a local independent shop. The 3.73 open diff was replaced with a low mileage 325is 4.10 limited slip.
This car is in very nice overall condition. It has been Krown rustproofed.
The sunroof, air conditioning and cruise control work. The passenger side front window stopped working. It may be a broken wire.

I am an old guy as well. I have barely driven the car. You really have to see it to believe it. The car is CERTIFIED AND READY TO GO NOW.

I ordered all new bushings (M3 differential - stiffer rubber, and poly bushings for the rear control arms. All installed 50 km ago. Yeah, really !)

If you want a no bullshit car that will give you E30 bragging rights, show up at my house with $3500 cash.

I will post a link with the kijiji ad later tonight. It's easier than figuring out how to post pics here.

Thanks guys. Please keep the market value opinions and debates polite!
This is a really nice car, and a rare find on Maxbimmer.

If you drive the car, you will be amazed by the great ride.

Totally original, and ready for your mods.

racer-x
10-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Here's the kijiji ad for Hamilton:
http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Rare-find-1987-BMW-325i-factory-original-W0QQAdIdZ326169659

Blackedout95
10-31-2011, 08:59 PM
Can vouch for a very clean and well maintained car, the pics don't do the body justice, excellent shape!

racer-x
11-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Comes with a set of snow tires on steel rims with BMW wheel covers.
If you don't want them I will reduce the price $300 more. I can use them on my other car.

The former owner stopped driving it because he needed an automatic transmission equipped car.
I'm not in a panic to sell the car, but reasonable offers are entertained.
Safety runs out in 30 days. Never needs an emissions test.

Will be off the road for winter soon!

racer-x
11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Sold thanks