PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 06 - 08 7series. Issues?

swbatte
10-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey - my father-in-law is looking to buy a 7 series. Ideally an 07 (for price and mileage reasons) but isn't married to any particular year. I've read the model year changes, but am wondering if there are any issues he should be aware of, or services that should have been done by the current owner.

I've been a 3 series owner for years, but he's coming from Honda/Acura ownership. I did tell him he'll be paying more for service, but would hate to see him buy into something that will cost him thousands.

Thanks for your help.

740-iLL
10-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Not too many issues. The earlier models were riddled with electronic issues.

For the years you are looking, try to find something with a CPO warranty. If not, try to find one with the most amount of service history.

You could also post up a prospective 7 you are looking at and we can give our opinions based on what we see.

Good luck with your search!

swbatte
10-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I've recomended a CPO car to him, but he's trying to save money (I know what you're thinking and I agree). Regardless, we are having a hard time finding one that's suitable.

07-08
Black on Black
Ideally not an L (just doesn't want it)
less than 80k km is ideal, but will take one with 100k km for the right price.
He's shopping for one in the low $30's, and don't think he'll go over $35k.

Thoughts?

Natashagirl
03-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum, my name is Natasha. I picked up a CPO silver 750i 2007 mint condition with 85k for only $25k. It had all options except the sports package. I did do the deal a few days before Xmas so managed to squeeze. Bit more negotiation out of the deal. I would strongly recommend CPO. My car has been in budds 3 times so far and they really take care of you and saved $2000 in warranty work.

740-iLL
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Natasha, welcome to the 7 Series world!

Why don't you start your own thread and post some pics of your ride along with an introduction.

arohi
08-31-2013, 07:10 AM
those are my MAIN concern for now I'm doing a full paint job on it at pops' shop so hopefully I can find these before we shoot paint... I bought this baby cause she needed some TLC actually a bunch of it lol she was neglected poor thing but I'm giving the car a lil face lift and some of my own touch Car is black I can post some pics soon with the progress

44ddtt
09-11-2013, 01:17 PM
yes full warranty is needed on these, otherwise great cars