PDA

View Full Version : going to Germany - which e30 variant would you pay for .... bringing 2 minimum

e30sequel
10-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Howdy follks,
I have taken a few orders for some 91-92 Baur verts and potentially touring/ix's - Going to Germany to source out these items plus one for the wife (she likes the 96 touring 520i - absolute last e34 - base no roof and hopefully leather)
I also plan on getting as many euro parts as possible for future use/sales - any requests for cars or parts (that you are willing to pay for and it would not exactly be a 'desperate to empty my garage' type prices but fair nonetheless)

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM NEGATIVE BS - I AM NOT INTERSTED IN EMOTIONAL EXCHANGES FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE IN NEED OF COMPANY - THIS A QUESTION TO SEE WHAT INTEREST EXISTS - NOTHING ELSE BUT INTELLIGENT EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION!

MaxBell
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM
How much for a set of Euro grills?

lgb240
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
If you could find some e30 touring rear storage compartment doors, in grey carpet, both sides.

They need to be clean, with no speaker cut-outs with working, non cracked hinges

Sounds like a great trip, PM me if you find a clean set

Happy travels

karmatose
10-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Looking for a front euro rub strip for the plastic E30 bumper. Lemme know if you can find one and what it'll cost.

Thanks!!

supernaught
10-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I might be interested in a rust free rear hatch from a touring and a clean 370mm mtech wheel.

dcramer
10-14-2011, 04:04 PM
If you happen by a 3.2L e36 m3 at a decent price I'd be interested. Although I think Germany is a little pricey

e30sequel
10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Holy crap, I was thinking more along the lines of whole cars and just some parts but I will definitely look into those parts folks - I will leave in about month (BEFORE NEW YEAR)......
I was really trying to generate some interest in whole cars mainly though and getting a shit load of extra parts for those specific cars ........... but again, will still look into those for sure
keep this going though - and thanx

MaxBell
10-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Well I'm looking for a shell right now, 4 door or 2 door, but I'd love something right hand drive. I'm going to be pulling the trigger on something soon though. Will you be just finding cars when you go over, or getting them lined up now and picking them up then?

Is this something you'd get me?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3328236.htm

njansenv
10-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Honestly, I'd love a CLEAN E30 or E36 Touring.

e30sequel
10-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Thats what I am talkin about - yes in search of clean shit which is available aplenty from what I see - hard to line them up as they go soon after - so if the stars align for sure the BAUR then ape wagons galore (one already sold to the wife) followed by e30T as late as possible (they went to 92 from what I understand) Anyway, I will rent a car and drive to Italy if necessary (excuse really)
On a side note, REALLY interested in renault clio WILLIAMS (HARD FOR THIS ... ROLL OF QUARTERS HARD!!) But usually beat to death and not worth it .....if that happens then OMG I don't know if diapers will help....
Back to the last of the overbuilt uber cars, touring IX is the only one I would consider for Canada (in case the sale flakes=more options/ppl) followed by Baur verts BTW any background on this bitch would be appreciated as the only negative I could find was that they are EXTRA rust happy - is this so and why if anyone happens to know ALSO are they more structurally sound than regular verts or no n how do u know!!???
As for parts, M specific stuff is what I will spend most of my time sourcing and if the junkyards do not yield this then focus on already swapped frankenE30's and use this as a basis for a part out or complete sale-we will see.....now the e36 touring is probably not under the radar unless its a real deal frankenE36 / Alpina wannabe done right (I will most likely take it on the Autobahn to test it out ...methinks every ad the seller EVER posts will probably say 'no test pilots' after this test) and I will have them help with the iphone recording of it .... thoroughly!! To be posted along with the sale/part/out!
Anyway, cannot wait and need to go take a shit so talk to yall later

Roysneon
10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Euro bumpers-cheap.

Gleb
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Euro bumpers-cheap.

yes. I will take a rear one for sure, in any cosmetic shape, as long as it's straight.

craz azn
10-15-2011, 06:23 PM
yes. I will take a rear one for sure, in any cosmetic shape, as long as it's straight.

Pfftt. Plastic bumper dude, looks almost the same and lighter for what you are using it for. *th-up*

Roysneon
10-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I do need front and rear E30M3 calipers and carriers. Give me a price estimate and I can set aside funds now.

hadesm5
10-15-2011, 10:36 PM
The two models i would choose:
- Early model Mtech 1
- Late model simple 325is

e30sequel
10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Best way to do this on a grander scale would be to probably pipe in when there and in front of the car - this will happen before the new year in terms of timeframe. The only thing no one can control is what is going to be available as they get bought pretty quickly from what I can see. I have fam there so I can afford to be careful and patient but there is only a small window and limited availability. Anyway it will definitely have a huge element of RANDOMness but the focus will remain.

North
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
bringing back a few pairs of euro smileys/ellips and euro grilles as well as any other euro goodies you can bring back would earn yourself a pretty little penny. The grilles would be easy to pack together too.

Bullet Ride
10-17-2011, 04:20 AM
followed by e30T as late as possible (they went to 92 from what I understand)

They actually built the E30 touring until the end of February in 1994 (according to wikipedia). And from past searches I've done on mobile.de for E30 tourings I've seen ones with a 1994 build date.

Roysneon
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
^ Yes I've also heard tourings went into the 94 m/y. Mine is a 93.

davericher20
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Ya '94 was the latest model year for e30 touring

cargo net divider with privacy screen for e30 touring would earn you it's weight in gold over here. I already have one, but it's a unicorn item.
If you can find an oem roof rack for snowboards off of a touring I would be interested.
here's the part

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AG95&mospid=47299&btnr=82_1326&hg=82&fg=51

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AG95&mospid=47299&btnr=82_1330&hg=82&fg=51

E30M42cab
10-17-2011, 06:14 PM
If you can find an oem roof rack for snowboards off of a touring I would be interested.
here's the part

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AG95&mospid=47299&btnr=82_1326&hg=82&fg=51

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AG95&mospid=47299&btnr=82_1330&hg=82&fg=51

I would be interested in fighting Dave to the death for any sort of OEM e30 Roof rack system.

If you could find e30 cabrio/hardtop roof racks, you'd be my hero.

nonlocal
10-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Tell me more about this bringing-a-whole-car-back business. I am interested in a clean e30 and have been shopping (still casually, granted) only in Canada for simplicity's sake. However, getting whatever car I eventually settle on out to Flin Flon, MB, where I am currently located, is going to be a bit of a mission regardless... why not go the extra mile (ok continent) and get a clean sorted m-tech touring?

The mind boggles.

How much would this cost on top of the price of the car? How much of a run-around is importation? How am I going to be confident that the car I end up with is the tidy euro-spec highway eater I am daydreaming about and not a euro-spec basketcase which is going to cost me an arm and a leg on top of the importation premium to get roadworthy?

Ceeker
10-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Tell me more about this bringing-a-whole-car-back business. I am interested in a clean e30 and have been shopping (still casually, granted) only in Canada for simplicity's sake. However, getting whatever car I eventually settle on out to Flin Flon, MB, where I am currently located, is going to be a bit of a mission regardless... why not go the extra mile (ok continent) and get a clean sorted m-tech touring?

The mind boggles.

How much would this cost on top of the price of the car? How much of a run-around is importation? How am I going to be confident that the car I end up with is the tidy euro-spec highway eater I am daydreaming about and not a euro-spec basketcase which is going to cost me an arm and a leg on top of the importation premium to get roadworthy?

that is the chance you take getting it from someone that you DON'T know.
you can add about 1000 give or take depending on which port you use. there should be plenty of paperwork with the vehicle if it has been transferred properly from Europe to North America. There is one crucial piece that if missing you CANNOT transfer the car into anyone's name in Canada. No exceptions...I can't remember the name of the doc since it's been ages since I looked into it you might want to do your homework. (Grin)

Bullet Ride
10-18-2011, 03:46 AM

The only way to ensure that would be to do what the OP is doing. Go to Germany for vacation and find a car. However if you do that then you will be limited to whatever is for sale during the time of your vacation. The good for sale ads usually have a lot of pictures though and you can always email the seller asking for more pictures. Honestly a clean shell is all I'd be worried about, if the shell is clean there's a good chance that the rest of the car was fairly well taken care of.

Shock(/\)ave
10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm looking for an E34 M5 with low mileage, in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically, preferably in blue, silver or black with a dark sport cloth interior.

This car would be perfect for me if it was free of issues:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=148909855&__lp=3&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3500&makeModelVariant1.modelId=46&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1995-12-31&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&lang=de&pageNumber=1

e30sequel
10-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi
folks thank you for the insights. thought the touring went to 93 MAX so this is good info. i am an enthusiast just like everyone else interested in cars. i have seen cars from Germany and would (and always wanted) bring one for myself. the thought process behind this would yield a win win situation for all parties. yes, it would cost more, but you get more (than what is available locally) ---- if you want to play .... Anyway, the trip will happen - i will get meself a 96 e34 touring 143hp diesel/520 and it will cost me the same as it would cost you to do it - so if we all partake = magical things happen -

keep it comin folks as this thread would be easy to monitor and address from anywhere -

you are more than welcome to have a 'hands on' approach to whatever situation you wish solved (ie bring a car - parts etc) so this woud mean that you would be responsible as much as i am for the given situation (ie i tell you the situation and you make the choices) with clear communication = less issues for all
Thanks again and keep it comin

e30sequel
10-19-2011, 11:05 PM
"There is one crucial piece that if missing you CANNOT transfer the car into anyone's name in Canada. No exceptions...I can't remember the name of the doc since it's been ages since I looked into it you might want to do your homework. (Grin)"

:confused: I do not understand - thank you though.

davericher20
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
:confused: I do not understand - thank you though.

he means, there's one crucial piece of paperwork if you don't have, you're f-d.

e30sequel
10-20-2011, 12:26 PM
sarcasm folks, ......sarcasm - but thank you for the clarification - oh, btw, if you will notice the thread starts off with a request to keep it positive. thank you for your understanding.

defaultName
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM

Considering the asking price for the heap that is currently being offered for sale by the OP, I would be scared to see the asking price for a clean M-Tech II Touring :rolleyes:

e30sequel
10-21-2011, 12:45 AM
heap??!! lol, I will assume that you are wondering what this will all 'mean' - ok, from a quick skim over what is available currently, asking prices range from say 2000 for mediocre and 4000-5000Euro for above par tourings (albeit luck would have it that the non mtechII are VERY available, meeting the criteria of 'clean' but with no extras - ADD IMPORT/DUTY/TAXES/PROFIT = ??? I WILL be doing this for personal gain and I WILL be fair AND clear about it. Its not really to make friends or lose any. Just a situation in which we can all benefit. Thank you for understanding.

imho opinion I would not even touch 'loaded' models as they = expensiveR - no roof = less weight/less complicated/MORE structural integrity win win win. The seats and steering wheel do not make the car if it is meant to be a DD or driven (mandatory upgrades to bilstein susp etc coming your way ANYWAY!). Structure and less complication is MY MAIN INTEREST for my OWN car. This is what is motivating me so we are all clear on this. If, however, you want something different, then just let me know and we can take it form there.

e30sequel
10-21-2011, 12:53 AM
With regard to the car I have for sale, the only thing that kinda dissappointed me about the 89 auto 325i (that I have for sale!) is that it had a fkn roof. The roof sucks IMO but alas it was a deal for me so I took it. IMO the car 'sold' me just as much as I think (at least) some people might have also been. I like cars, especially e30s and I have seen MANY in various states, I was sold on it AS WAS!, just sitting there. Issues with MINOR rust yes - but it is included in the purchase price and it will be addressed.

And yes, current asking is $5700 - with the extra work (I can/will bring it to better than 'safetied' condition = increase in asking, with receipts!! Folks, I do NOT care if I do not sell this car, so if you want it, it will cost a minimum of $5700 (will consider offers and will reply to all) Please send a pm with offers otherwise it is OBVIOUS that you either cannot afford it/hatin/nothing better to do but throw opinions around with NOTHING to gain etc etc - lets just keep this as respectful and positive as possible - really, it is not too hard. Just pretend you are in front of me and I will do the same. *PM if the itch just does NOT go away. Thank you.

E30M42cab
10-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Considering the asking price for the heap that is currently being offered for sale by the OP, I would be scared to see the asking price for a clean M-Tech II Touring :rolleyes:

Glad you said it.

What the hell is actually going on here?

How about we all give this guy a down payment so he can buy us our Mtech1 eurobumpered coupe with and our diamondschwarz Mtech2 touring and then we'll wait for him to come back with our cars just like we asked.

This whole thread is a load of crap.

Ceeker
10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Glad you said it.

What the hell is actually going on here?

How about we all give this guy a down payment so he can buy us our Mtech1 eurobumpered coupe with and our diamondschwarz Mtech2 touring and then we'll wait for him to come back with our cars just like we asked.

This whole thread is a load of crap.

I think we'll need a dump truck to take it away... LOL

e30sequel
10-21-2011, 10:41 AM
here we go again - anyway thank you for your opinions. I will be paying for these cars/parts and bringing right to Toronto (and legally with proper documentation). I read about this type of drama in a host of other threads but just could not digest it. maybe it was a fluke but unfortunately it aint. too bad. just let me know what you would like to get and be in a position to pay for it. point it out or wait till i am back and see what i have in my basket of goodies - up to you..... and if you do not buy/would never then up to you. maybe you should stick with the girls you know on this forum and be loyal that way or whatever stupid clique mentality exists here. it is a complete waste of time to run in circles with emotional little girls who feel threatened by even mediocre intelligence. not interested.

nonlocal
10-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Just to be clear here, you have just said that women are stupid, and admitted to only having mediocre intelligence.

All the dude ever wanted was his mtech touring back :(

e30sequel
10-21-2011, 04:08 PM
good enough for me - now order some shit to keep on file.

E30M42cab
10-21-2011, 04:37 PM
mediocre intelligence. not interested.
You're giving yourself waaay to much credit.

If you're going to bring back anything, at least make it worth your time and money. Who honestly needs you to go to Germany to bring back euro grills, german 13 botton OBC's, Euroweaves and smileys? This crap is everyhwere! To make a few bucks on that crap is a waste of time.

If you're bringing back cars, I would suggest selling your white pile first, and doing a little research on the market of used e30's. Why can't you just go to Germany, buy a couple of cars and bring them here and sell them? Why do we have a 3 page thread of bullshit. Just do it!! Insead you're hyping up a bunch of cash poor e30 guys, which let's not lie, that's what we are, just to put some shit in your suitcase, bring it back and sell it for too much money like everyone else that goes to Germany. I'd hate to see what you'd want for some Euro piece of crap 316 wagon, or a minty M-tech 1 coupe... who here is going to give you good money for these things, especially considering what you think is a decent asking price? Waste of time. Talk to the guys on S14.net and bring back some real e30's. Hell, Vrbovsky's car is beautiful, and he can't even sell it for decent money.

Or by all means, be productive. Find some good stuff and bring it back, but don't hype this little trip to death for us:

Find this shit and watch the personal gains start flowing.

AC Shcnitzer side mirrors
Alpina vent gauge pod
MK Motorsports dead pedal
Rear window louvers
Kamei 3pc rear spoiler
Wiesmann hardtop

Otherwise, who cares? Have a safe trip.

How soon can you leave?

e30sequel
10-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Ok - that sounds like an intelligent arguement - thanks for taking the time. I will be leaving BEFORE the new year.
The car was a 'bonus' and it was originally intended to go to the wife but she would prefer a 96 525tds touring with leather and no roof. This car is an option for her to keep but I wanted to delete the power steering and a/c. This did not sit well with her and she wanted to lay some claim to my trip to Germany..... so the only solution was to offer the 5 touring. She agreed but is willing to take the car if it does not sell. So if it was good enough for the wife (in my eyes, it is good enough to ask for 6k or a reasonably close amount as it is still in original condition with a few common ass problems)
Option 2 being spending about $1k minimum to have it tuned properly plus preventative and handing it over to her (plus touch up paint which I will do anyway, if it sells). This will save some loot towards the trip anyway so it is ok if I end up keeping it.

Now, about the trip and overhyping.....this was intended to just put some ideas out there that could potentially yield good stuff for everybody. However, it seems I have to babysit emotional opinions about how I should ask for like $200 for the car because it is auto/4 door and with some treatable rust (with no holes or major drama!!) AND INCLUDED IN THE ASKING PRICE .....i MEAN wtf????.

I like it and would pay NOT to get a 2 door. In my opinion, it is lighter, stiffer, better looking as is (unless it is an m3/clone) with a few touch ups (ie IX FLARES, 95 LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS WITH A 5 LUG SWAP OR aftermarket ones with 4 lug, plus a few others...) and I like it especially because it is auto = I am assured that one of you large sack assholes did not rape the shit out of every bit of life left in it at mosport....imo auto = smooth shifting and less punishment for the car overall over the last 23 fkin years. This is the major contributing factor in the car being as close to stock as possible. The rest is just gathering information about what would sell/benefit everyone with the main focus being on getting whole cars with extra euro parts. Hope this makes sense and keep the orders coming as you would not have to pay until you put your dirty lil hands on it .....in front of your eyes.......HERE IN TORONTO!

Roysneon
10-22-2011, 07:29 PM
That's a great way to sell cars. Calling potential buyers 'large sack assholes'. You're attempting to sell a less than highly desirable model E30 in less than excellent condition. You seem to be the overly 'emotional' one because you're not an instant rockstar by importing and selling a car.

Do as suggested and buy a car worth importing and selling and just do it. You seem to be the expert, so finding and selling what's hot should be no problem. Just remember that when potentially spending 10K to do this thay you're selling to others, so your personal opinion on what is desirable isn't the end all to the equation.

Ceeker
10-22-2011, 09:07 PM
YEAH! like ^he said.:moon:

e30sequel
10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
because you're not an instant rockstar by importing and selling a car. CHASISH MAN CHASHISH

You seem to be the expert, so finding and selling what's hot should be no problem. LORDY

Just remember that when potentially spending 10K to do this .............. thay you're selling to others, so your personal opinion on what is desirable isn't the end all to the equation..............REEEEMIX!
OK FINE I UNDERSTAND! I did not say I am an expert but if you would actually choose to have a sunroof is beyond me and why you would choose to have electric everything is beyond me also - and again, this is what I would buy for ME and if you wanna go for a ride in the other direction ......
NOOO PROBLEM ... GIGIDY..CASHISH *wave*

Ok, again, I mean no harm - I am going for a trip that I figure some of you might want to take advantage of - if so great ....if no great .....I understand and no ...........feelings! lol

Ok that concludes this wittle session and do order some cars of your choice and we will see what can/will work out - with clear communication everybody wins - oh n go get me a sammich ......*mw*

e30sequel
10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
off topic folks ........plastidip.......works real nice like - got a few cans off kijiji and this is my first experiment with it ....

TopSpeed
12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
I would love to see you bring a car or two and see how the sales go for you. Everyone wants a Euro car but noone wants to pay for one ... how do I know? I recently sold a Touring (not a perfect specimen but not a pile of steel either). Was modded nicely here. I bought it from a man that brought in 4 other Euro cars for me and I know how much I paid and how much I had to lose to offload the ... so good luck.

You want to make money? Don't bother importing .. too much headaches, not enough profits, trust me! I've seen how much he was paying to the transport companies (tried many different ways including ro-ro, containers, etc)

The one car that I actually made money on, 1991 Golf GTD. It was a find of a century, one owner, 120k, CCCCCCLEAN! Sold to a guy in WI that converted the thing to bio-diesel ... I don't even think he knew what he bought. He just wanted one without rust.

Anyway, that's my rant of the evening; good night :D

e30sequel
12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I have actually sold the car for less than asking obviously but good enough nonetheless - I learned that people WANT euro stuff, especially the younger crowd who happen to be internet savvy, but dont/cannot buy. So only ALREADY modified e30 for this crowd and ORIGINAL for the real demographic it was originally intended for.

e30sequel
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
wow - glad to see you did the deed - the group that buys this car for good money is generally older than the guys that are more internet savvy - this is the demographic that would buy but reaching them via internet is more difficult -
I have considered the pita aspect of importing but how I plan on reducing cost is namely because of family that will take care of food/bed ($approx 2k over 2wks if alone) and if I bring at least 4 to reduce cost of per vehicle transporting - anyway, thank you for the advise and would appreciate any more information you could share (feel free to pm )
anyway, I will initiate another thread to see if I could put together another set of solid orders - at least to see what the market needs/wants exactly in terms of cars and parts
my entire focus will be based on either 1994 e30 touring - alpina/acs - 1993 cabrios (plus any BAURs in really good condition) and lastly 1996 e34 (mostly 520i/diesel if alllowable)
thank you dude for the positive information - much appreciated

propr'one
12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
1) To run a buisness here on max, you need to be a sponsor, or at very least clear it with the admin first.
2) I'd be very hesistant actually putting money down based on "interest" here on max
3) Importing vehicles is not easy. The procedure is different from importing it from the US. Sounds like you know this, but this is a lot of work.
4) as someone who's been around europe shopping for cars, i can tell you that although the rare models do exist, some in clean shape, most of the owners know what the cars are worth. Getting a deal on something clean isn't likely. Clean = passes TUV easily = no reason to dump for cheap.

Good luck.

e30sequel
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM
I will clear with admin promptly. Thank you for the heads up - I already posted my 'order' thread so this will apply to that as well.
Now in reply to shopping in europe, I am actually looking at getting the BASEest of base models for myself - (main objective for my personal car is lack of sunroof = 94 316/96 520) so my objective is to do the first trip with the CLEANEST base models.... 1 e30 1 e34 and 2 frankensteins that pass TUV with flying colors PLUS a compression test. The frankesteins will be well sorted AND affordable (maybe higher mileage) = not much profit but the experience is there and when/if sold, then move up to rare on the subsequent trips (by which time methinks I will definitely be a MAXsponsor, IF it all pans out) Thankfully, it will be for fun this round and hopefully turn into something better (BUT not under the gun, so open to keeping everything /and do a part out if I want to push further). I just wish we had as much action as the boys in the states. I know this is not a good 'testbed' for what will move but it seems like it is worth a try anyway. The more exposure the better I guess but I have also seen some pretty good sales take place here.