PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series 1993 325is - Highly modified - feeler

sthomas
10-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I am contemplating selling my street-legal track car - a 1993 325is. I wanted to gauge interest before it gets stored for the winter. I will get some pictures up tonight. Car is located just north of London, Ontario.

Just to be clear - this car is not for the faint-of-heart. Young children cry when it goes by. Teenage boys wet themselves. M3 drivers seem to always need to suddenly turn left or right when I pull up beside them at a stop-light. Realistically - it's probably more car than you can handle...

I am not interested in parting the car out. Trailer-hitch and track trailer are available separately though.

Selling price will be in the $16k range - Thanks, but I am not interested in your comments/flames about the selling price*wave*

Base car is a 1993 325is. Black exterior and interior. ~140k's on body and about the same on M3 drive-train. I bought the car (stock) from the original owner (a neuro-surgeon in Toronto) about 7 years ago. Original paint - nearly perfect. One minor rust-spot fixed on rear fender. Some stone-chips. Car has not be winter driven by me and shows it.

The modifications list is extensive - here is what I recall:
- Engine. S52. OBD1 conversion. UUC flywheel with e34 M5 clutch kit and high-performance friction plate. M50 intake. RMS Stage 1 S/C with 38lb injectors. Custom tuned by MarkD. Aluminum rad. M3 cats. B&B cat-back Exhaust. Has not been dyno'd - but should be in the 330-350hp range.
- 5 speed tranny from the M3. UUC tranny mounts with reinforcement. Redline oil. MZ3 short-shifter
- Full M3 rear-end. 3.23 LSD with Redline oil. UUC bushings throughout. M3 sub-frame reinforcement plates welded in place.
- Suspension - Ground Control coil-over track suspension. Adjustable Koni's front and back. Adj. Camber Plates. RSM's. 400/450lbs springs. TC Kline sway bars. Welded rear sway-bar re-reinforcement.
- Brakes - M3 rears. E46 330 fronts. M3 master brake cylinder. Dot 4 Racing fluid. Street pads and Track pads - CarboTech. SS lines.
- Interior - Black and MINT. M3 Vader seats front, M3 rears. M3 steering wheel, shifter. UUC pedals. Black M3 headliner with one-touch sunroof. 18 button OBC. Clarion head-unit. Schroth 4-point harness and stock 3 point.
- OEM Staggered M68 wheels (and spare) with Falken Azenis tires. Track tires/wheels available.
- Body - M3 front/rear bumpers. Twisty sides. M3 door moldings. M3 rear spoiler. Front splitters (not installed). Depo headlights with 6k HIDS. Fogs not currently installed. M3 mirrors.
- Custom trailer-hitch. Custom 'track' trailer holds tires and a large box for all your stuff.

This car is in awesome shape and runs VERY fast. Completely street-legal. This car is driven about 10-20 days per year. At the track and to/from the track. A few Sunday drives with the kids. It is VERY well maintained. Stored in a heated garage when not in use.

v_bimmer
10-11-2011, 05:11 PM
pics?

sthomas
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Here are some pictures. The car needs a wash - but the pictures don't do it justice. Many of you have seen my car at Mosport for the Trillium events.

AlpWhitE46
10-12-2011, 11:38 AM
No offence but if you expect to sell your car - for that price..
I would invest into taking the time to take and post some nice images up...

T.Dot_E30
10-12-2011, 01:00 PM
I remember speaking to you at the last Trillium ADS at Mosport, super clean car, I thought it was an original M3, it had everything.

GLWS

Blades
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM

I second that .. give the car a good clean and the engine bay.

Pierce330
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Third that...

bmwm5lover
10-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Who are you guys kidding? He can wash it and wax it all day long and take the most professional, well set up pictures ever, EURO M3's are barely selling for this price.
And who are you kidding? Mint interior? That bolster is destroyed on the driver seat.
In any case, good luck, but the market out there is ridiculously tough regardless of what we think our cars are worth.

Pierce330
10-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Who are you guys kidding? He can wash it and wax it all day long and take the most professional, well set up pictures ever, EURO M3's are barely selling for this price.
And who are you kidding? Mint interior? That bolster is destroyed on the driver seat.
In any case, good luck, but the market out there is ridiculously tough regardless of what we think our cars are worth.

I was trying to be polite...lol...BUT I totally agree with you! Very hard to get that kind of money...however, good luck with the sale...*th-up*

v_bimmer
10-13-2011, 09:45 AM
after seeing the pictures... i got to say WAKE UPPP sthomas..

you got to get off you pedestal, and realize that your car is not even worth HALF of what you are asking.

Sorry but i think it will never ever ever sell for this price.

AlpWhitE46
10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
lol i have trouble selling my e36 for 8500$

Axxe
10-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah you'll be lucky to get $10k, and that will take a special type of buyer. I lost money building my 332i (no way I can sell it for what I have into it, I'd be happy with half), but I didn't plan to build an m3 clone out of the gate, just the way the pieces fell together at the time, not to mention the countless hours spent on it. That's why you either have to part it and get maybe $10k for the sum of parts, or hang onto it and enjoy it for a few more years and then sell when the market improves. By then you can still recover some value out of the car to put towards whatever is next. Or just return to stock as much as possible (take s/c off, m3 bits, etc) and sell the car as 332is, or keep driving it as a more stock daily.

v_bimmer
10-13-2011, 04:05 PM
lol i have trouble selling my e36 for 8500$

EXACTLY, i wanted to include a link for your car!!!! Your e36 is a beauty,, and you are still having a hard time selling it!!

sthomas
10-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I hope to get the car washed over the weekend and get some better pictures posted.

For those that have actually seen the car I appreciate your comments.

hosty
11-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I think the funniest part is when he said 16k$. LMAO

parm
11-18-2011, 10:40 PM
You all want it, so build one, on another note GLWS !

JINT
11-19-2011, 02:04 AM
I think the funniest part is when he said 16k$. LMAO

i thing the funny part is that he wrote at the beginning that he's not interested in hearing ya'll telling him that it's over priced and eveyone's doing that.

Dr. Flyview
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I actually would be interested in this car (at a different price obviously), if you knew what "MINT" meant.