PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to help?

new2bmw
10-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey guys I am only asking because i know i will fubar this in a major way. I can't pay anything, I am broke but I would be able to buy whatever was needed in the way of supplies, and do all prep work needed so it would not take long. I need sheetmetal welded into my floorboards on my 1984 318i and am freaking out as winter is coming , plus i need to get it safetied. All I can offer in exchange is maybe some hot coffee or a few cold beers, maybe dinner with the family, as long as you dont mind a 3,4 and 5 year old asking way to many questions way to fast. I also have an arc welder, never used that I may be able to use as a form of payment. I could pop rivet but I want to do it right so I need someone with a mig welder who can seal it up strong , that way i know its safe and will last. I am in the boonies , Kincardine, but its a great drive from anywhere, beautiful scenery. Some of you may laugh, but I am putting this out there in all seriousness in hopes that someone may reply.
Take care all, hope to hear from you.
sincerely
Larry

MaxBell
10-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry man, my welder is WAY to huge to move in my E30. I'd help out if I could.

new2bmw
10-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Hey 411, thank you very much, all the best to you and yours and I hope you have much to be thankful for, I wish all the best to everyone on max and may you have a peaceful weekend and I hope you get the chance to spend it with good friends, family and good food.

InfiniteDice
10-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Depending on how large the hole is, you could do a temp patch.

Be sure the hole is clean and dry and put some rust converter on it then rinse. Lay a piece of screen mesh from a door or window in (on top from the inside) the hole and then spray expanding foam on top (from the inside of the car. Spray it on thick and try to press it through the screen. Then lay a big sheet of wax paper on top. Put the carpet back down and let all the foam ooze out onto the ground on some cardboard.

Once it's dry trim it level with a box cutter, then spray generous amounts of rubberized undercoat on it. Should last till next spring no problem.

10-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Depending on how large the hole is, you could do a temp patch.

Be sure the hole is clean and dry and put some rust converter on it then rinse. Lay a piece of screen mesh from a door or window in (on top from the inside) the hole and then spray expanding foam on top (from the inside of the car. Spray it on thick and try to press it through the screen. Then lay a big sheet of wax paper on top. Put the carpet back down and let all the foam ooze out onto the ground on some cardboard.

Once it's dry trim it level with a box cutter, then spray generous amounts of rubberized undercoat on it. Should last till next spring no problem.

.............*smoke*......................*th-up*

cormier
10-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Man I'd come out if I had any decent welding experience :p