PDA

View Full Version : My 87 325is

Woofer
09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Hey guys. Hope all is well. Took some shots of the e30 before she goes under construction.

I got this e30 about 3-4 years ago and just this pasted march I assembled her to be drivable. Since then I have done a few things like,
- converted from m20b27 to m20b25.
- e30 m3 front seats
- depo smoked projectors with 8000k
- hid fogs
- painted my hood and trunk black due to unrepairable paint fading.
- 4:10 LSD diff
- re polished momo rims and painted the centers gold
- straight pipe exhaust 2.5 inch into Remus muffler
- plastic bumper conversion. Installed a lower front valence which seemed to be a front mtech 2 lower valence in the pic I saw before I bought it, however I drove really far to go get it and it ended up being a different valence from a company called PBQ or something. It's grown on me lol
Also installed one of phils old mtech 2 rear lower valences that I had from back in the day
- it's lowered on some yellow springs that came in a box that I got when I bought the car. For a second I thought it was my old apex springs I sold Devon years ago lol. Kinda wish they were because these ones only lowered the car slightly but it'll do for now.
- rolled rear fenders at stance factory so i could fit my beefy tires. 225/50/16 on all four corners. Thanks mike/jay

Thats pretty much it this summer for tinkering. This winter I will be re painting her but not sure what color. My friend has a booth so we are going to try it ourselves. I have to deal with all the body work first. Car is pretty solid. It's only seen maybe 4-5 winters. A nice older jamaican man use to own it since 91 and he babied it. In 2002 it was sold to a mutual friend. Unfortunately he did not take care of it as well. Hence the 4-5 winters it's seen. Finally in 2007/08 I bought the car off my friend and it sat at my work until I had time to put it together.

Anyways I'll keep you guys posted. Enjoy.

Ps the flag on the hood is not a vinyl or decal. It was painted on

Woofer
09-14-2011, 12:34 PM
More...

Woofer
09-14-2011, 12:38 PM
And last ones..... Thanks

DTM
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm loving your car, great progress. Keep up the great work, looks very good.

*Edit: I also reaaally love those wheels in gold, mint.

karmatose
09-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Looks good!

Did you paint your grill?

Denny
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
And last ones..... Thanks

Nice I love it! good job.... now where did you get the idea of the german flag?

Woofer
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Yea I painted the grills black. My buddy and I also attempted making our own euro grills. A little wavy, but not bad for our first attempt I'd say.

The flag idea was completely last minute. We had some gold paint from the rims left over, some red paint, and little gloss. We wanted to use these colors somehow without being ricey lol. As we sat there thinking I noticed the m logo on my shifter and then one thing led to another lol. A pic of an e34 also helped out.

Thanks for viewing. I'll post progress of the body work. This time I'm doing it myself with a friend at his work. It just so happens that the doors for his paint booth are big enough to fit my car ( the booth is used for painting commercial windows). Stay tuned!!! There's a motor swap in the mix too! And if you know me......u know I'm crazy lol.

The green e30 is my inspiration lol. Hope I can make mine look as nice.

Denny
09-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Yea I painted the grills black. My buddy and I also attempted making our own euro grills. A little wavy, but not bad for our first attempt I'd say.

The flag idea was completely last minute. We had some gold paint from the rims left over, some red paint, and little gloss. We wanted to use these colors somehow without being ricey lol. As we sat there thinking I noticed the m logo on my shifter and then one thing led to another lol. A pic of an e34 also helped out.

Thanks for viewing. I'll post progress of the body work. This time I'm doing it myself with a friend at his work. It just so happens that the doors for his paint booth are big enough to fit my car ( the booth is used for painting commercial windows). Stay tuned!!! There's a motor swap in the mix too! And if you know me......u know I'm crazy lol.

The green e30 is my inspiration lol. Hope I can make mine look as nice.

Cool look at this car here...lol
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UcUPyBjYwSo/TePfeoEfFqI/AAAAAAAAA4c/sy9HDJrxw3I/s1600/Picture%2B160.jpg

karmatose
09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Hawt. Rattle can or something special?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Woofer
09-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Rattle can for the red and gold. The hood was painted flat black so we just put clear coat over the section we needed black. The clear was applied with an air gun in the booth.

Woofer
09-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Cool look at this car here...lol
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UcUPyBjYwSo/TePfeoEfFqI/AAAAAAAAA4c/sy9HDJrxw3I/s1600/Picture%2B160.jpg

Wow looks nice man. Is that the lower valence for a metal bumpered e30? Your car?

ismail
09-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow...what you've done is seriously impressive!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics...this is the type of thing I would eventually like to do to my e36!

Ceeker
09-15-2011, 10:00 AM
nice work!! keep it up!!

Woofer
09-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.
Like usual, I am all over the place with the color selection. I seem to be leaning towards a dark green. I've already had a blue, light silver, white, and gun metal e30. I really want the color to suit the e30. Some unique colors can look really nice on e30s. Ive always had a soft spot for this maroon e30.

Denny
09-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow looks nice man. Is that the lower valence for a metal bumpered e30? Your car?

Thanks man. Yes I integrated the old "very cool to me" lower valence from metal bumps and integrated with new plastic bumper... for more check my blog I got the whole built in there..*th-up*

jasonbaek
09-17-2011, 01:10 AM
I really like your interior..you should adjust the position of that m logo on your shift knob.

Woofer
09-17-2011, 01:37 AM
I really like your interior..you should adjust the position of that m logo on your shift knob.

Thanks man. I won't lie though. I baby the inside of it. I would love to find a set of e30 m3 rears to complete it.

I had the logo centered but it never looked right when it was in gear. So I off centered it and it seems to look better when left in gear now.

Woofer
03-26-2012, 01:30 AM
Well I decided to color match the plastic bumpers. Even though it's Schwartz the black bumpers were bothering me. Thought I would give you guys a teaser.....The paint came out much better than I expected. So much that I am tempted to just spray the whole car. Still have to watersand and polish them.
Lots more to come. New lower valance, spoiler, rims, suspension..... Stay tuned, new look for 2012!!

Anyone have a fresh set of rondels laying around? I'd be glad to take them off your hands.

Thanks

Enjoy.

Woofer
04-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Just a shitty teaser pic! But the bumpers are painted and installed. I am really satisfied with the outcome. I know the color is slightly different so I hope it's not too noticeable in the sun.
I'll update better pics once I put the car together. I'll probably g3/polish/wax the car this weekend to try and get everything uniform. Just waiting for my rims to come in to get all the suspension bits installed.

More to come!
Thanks

Vrbovsky
04-02-2012, 12:15 PM
pics of the spoiler!!!!!!!!

Woofer
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Lol will do!

I should have it fully mounted this weekend. I painted the fiberglass part body color. My trunk is flat black so I'm hoping it will make it pop a little more. If it doesn't suit it I will just paint it black with plasti dip. Has anyone else used this stuff? It's amazing. Peels right off if you don't like it lol.
My friend painted his whole car with 10 cans. Look pretty good for rattle can and it peels right off when you want. Home hardware sells it for 13 bucks a can or 80 bucks for a box of 8. Grab it while you can because the worker told me that home depot bought the rights to sell it and it will be almost 30 bucks a can for it.

MaxBell
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
How did you swap ellipsoids onto your car? I have sealed beams in my 86 and I'm having trouble!

Woofer
04-02-2012, 11:32 PM
^^ sent you a pm

Went by today to put back the lights and grills. I can't seem to decide between the chrome kidneys or the black kidneys. Keep in mind that the rest of the chrome trim on the car has been painted black.

Here are a few quick pics.

DTM
04-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I'd go with chrome

nonlocal
04-03-2012, 01:03 AM
+1 chrome

egye30
04-03-2012, 01:17 AM
just keep the other one in the trunk.. and change them up every now and then :P i got me a new chrome grill so it will end up on my car at some point or another again lol

DTM
04-03-2012, 01:20 AM
just keep the other one in the trunk.. and change them up every now and then :P i get me a new chrome grill so it will end up on my car at some point or another again lol

lol, atm I have two chromes

egye30
04-03-2012, 01:29 AM
lol, atm I have two chromes

i got one as well, just edited my misspell :P you should just paint one black and just switch back and forth like me lol

DTM
04-03-2012, 01:50 AM
i got one as well, just edited my misspell :P you should just paint one black and just switch back and forth like me lol

I'm waiting to see what colour my wheels end up being. Still undecided.

Woofer
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Well I'll most likely roll with both. One on and one in the trunk. Lol.

Once I have finished polishing it and it's fully assembled I'll figure which one to Rock.
Going to attempt to drill holes in the trunk for the spoiler install tonight. Anyone have a clean shwarz black trunk? Scott? Lol

frankie591
04-03-2012, 01:45 PM
1 half chrome, 1 half black? :D

bmwm5lover
04-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Looking good. Coming along nicely.
My bro and I just picked up a mint low mileage e36 cab for a project in dunkelgrun (pretty much British racing green), maybe that is a unique/rare color you may be interested in?

Woofer
04-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks terry!

That color is in the top 5 lol.

However plans of a color change are back on the shelf. I want to enjoy the car for a few summers before taking it completely apart again.

On a side note I won't lie that the diamond shwarz is a beautiful color. It's really grown on to me. Does anyone know if there are 2 versions of it? I feel that the freshly painted bumpers seem to have a little bit of a blue hue to it. Seems a lot more darker and richer. I can only assume that the 25+ year old paint on the car just doesn't have the same richness anymore.

Looking forward to seeing your e36 project. I'm assuming wide tires and on the ground is in the mix lol?

bmwm5lover
04-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks terry!

That color is in the top 5 lol.

Looking forward to seeing your e36 project. I'm assuming wide tires and on the ground is in the mix lol?

Understandable. Enjoy it for at least a while!

Progress will be slow, the M5 ate up A LOT of my funds this year and I just pulled it out (maintenance and mods)! HA

So first thing first, the car needs some basic maintenance and a good polish (been sitting underground for a looong time, but in mint shape), then a lip, some 16 or 17's, muffler and a drop and its done, but we aren't rushing it. Waiting for the right deals..

egye30
04-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Understandable. Enjoy it for at least a while!

Progress will be slow, the M5 ate up A LOT of my funds this year and I just pulled it out (maintenance and mods)! HA

So first thing first, the car needs some basic maintenance and a good polish (been sitting underground for a looong time, but in mint shape), then a lip, some 16 or 17's, muffler and a drop and its done, but we aren't rushing it. Waiting for the right deals..

I saw that cabrio in the classified section, looked very clean, you guys scooped that up quick :P good luck with that project, should turn out nice, care to share how much it set you back? understandable if you prefer not to share.. *th-up*

BTW Alan, you've got PM.. might be a long shot but who knows, right?

bmwm5lover
04-06-2012, 10:32 AM
I saw that cabrio in the classified section, looked very clean, you guys scooped that up quick :P good luck with that project, should turn out nice, care to share how much it set you back? understandable if you prefer not to share.. *th-up*

BTW Alan, you've got PM.. might be a long shot but who knows, right?

Scooped it up quick for sure, :D . Lets just say it was a goooooood deal I couldn't pass up.
It's like a barn find, honestly.

Anyway, lets not steer the thread too far off for Alan.

Woofer
04-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Lol no worries. thanks guys
Ashram I got your PM but no link. Please resend lol

Woofer
04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Well I found a newer trunk to work with instead of my current flat black trunk. I had filled in the holes before and figured i would get an untouched trunk for the new trunkspolier and to top things off it was diamond shwarz.

I should have taken photos of the install/drilling but the racing thoughts of trying not to mess up a perfect trunk had most of my attention lol. To be honest, it actually wasn't that hard. It just required a little patience.
I'll be back at today lol.

On a side note I got the trunk off an e30 that had just under 100,000 kms according to the guy parting it out. I usually wouldn't buy a story like that but the car did have some signs of minimal wear. For example the door moulding clips were PEARL white. Under the hood it seem to have every clip and cover from the factory. Intake manifold was very fresh and clean looking. Well at least what was left. The guy had a small gas leak and the engine bay caught fire. He also claims he sold the cluster for 800 bucks!!!!!!

Just a quick pic from last night.
http://img.tapatalk.com/b893e18e-23d8-50f1.jpg

egye30
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Lol no worries. thanks guys
Ashram I got your PM but no link. Please resend lol

Ashraf* its a tongue twister i know fcplm lol cant believe i didnt send you the link, sent again my bad *par-t*

Woofer
04-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Lol I actually spelt it correctly. Damn iPhone auto correct lol. Every time I write your name it corrects it to ashram. Lol

Woofer
04-07-2012, 02:18 AM
pics of the spoiler!!!!!!!!

The trunk isn't installed yet but got the spoiler mounted. Just have to swap trunks tomorrow.

I also splurged and got my self a little gift.

Ashraf, I would possibly consider trading the wheel for a fresh set of fog lights and smoked turn signals lmao. If you catch me in the right mood, lol you never know haha

egye30
04-07-2012, 02:42 AM
ahhh i want this wheel! my e30 needs it! but also needs the signals lol you may be able to convince to part with the brand new never installed glass fogs i was planning to keep though, or how much cash!? lol pm me

e30tOny
04-07-2012, 10:04 AM
ahhh i want this wheel! my e30 needs it! but also needs the signals lol you may be able to convince to part with the brand new never installed glass fogs i was planning to keep though, or how much cash!? lol pm me

Do you have "stealth" bulbs[silver turns yellow??] & smoked turn signal package??

egye30
04-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Do you have "stealth" bulbs[silver turns yellow??] & smoked turn signal package??

Stealth bulbs are easy to get, I think Alan is after these though :D

Woofer
04-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Car is now road ready! Finished up installing a few things yesterday. Also got around to buffing and waxing too. I'll probably go back to a stock color hood since the flat black is fading on me. As much as I like the flag on the corner, I think a clean diamond shwarz hood would look better.

Here are some before pics. Pfeba front lower valance, flat black plastic bumpers, front and back. Blacked out grills and flat black trunk with iS spoiler.

Woofer
04-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Now...diamond shwarz painted bumpers, front and back with OEM mtech II lower valence and rear fiberglass mtech II lower valence. Chrome grill, swapped flat black trunk with a diamond shwarz one and put a mtech I spoiler on it. Still have to line it up better but it's on lol.

My rims should be here this week and then I will put the rest of the suspension goodies on.

Enjoy and thanks for viewing

nonlocal
04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I like the balance between the chrome grille front and chrome tips at the back, and the general murderation otherwise. Car looks great. I think you are right to go back to body-colour hood, too. Can't wait to see it with the hood and wheels (I will resist asking you what you've chosen)... should be really clean.

e30_moment
04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
is that mtech1 spoiler from an e28?

defaultName
04-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Drove by your car today on Dundas, and now that I think about it I have seen it a bunch of other times as well.

Looks great with the spoiler! I SOOO WANT AN M TECH 1 SPOILER!!!

Woofer
04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I like the balance between the chrome grille front and chrome tips at the back, and the general murderation otherwise. Car looks great. I think you are right to go back to body-colour hood, too. Can't wait to see it with the hood and wheels (I will resist asking you what you've chosen)... should be really clean.

Thanks man! I didn't even notice the balance of the chrome until you mentioned it, makes me like it more now lol.

As for the hood, well I am on the hunt for a clean diamond shwarz hood. Not worth the time and effort to repaint my current hood. The flat black was done with tremcald LOL so it's not easy to sand. Plus the color will be off too much and it'll make me want to paint the whole car. I'd rather wait until winter when the car sits to take on that project. For now a clean hood will do.

The rims will not disappoint! Lol. At least not me haha. The specs are 16x9 et 15. That's all I am saying for now lol.

Woofer
04-08-2012, 11:09 PM
is that mtech1 spoiler from an e28?

Yessir. What gave it away lol?

Woofer
04-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Drove by your car today on Dundas, and now that I think about it I have seen it a bunch of other times as well.

Thanks man! I live by royal York and dundas.

I think E30m42cab and e30tony might be able to help you out with the spoiler. Send them a pm.
Good luck!

nonlocal
04-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Kevin I have an e28 Mtech1 I might part with... It's my favourite BMW spoiler but I don't think it'll fit on my e34.

(Please take the whole e28 while you're at it, actually.)

Woofer
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
...It's my favourite BMW spoiler but I don't think it'll fit on my e34.

Correct. I tried to fit it on my gf's e34 and it didn't sit very well. IMO

egye30
04-09-2012, 12:41 AM

Yeah Alan, the spoiler looks great man, check out this white beauty with a SIMILAR M-tech spoiler.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/vlad-e30m3/e30-318iS/new-wheels048.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/vlad-e30m3/e30-318iS/DSC_0767.jpg

nonlocal
04-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Not the same spoiler... :P

(nitpicking but Woofer alluded to this before.)

Nice skirt(s) too!

egye30
04-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Not the same spoiler... :P

(nitpicking but Woofer alluded to this before.)

Nice skirt(s) too!

Fixed *th-up*. But, which skirt you referring to here :P

defaultName
04-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Kevin I have an e28 Mtech1 I might part with... It's my favourite BMW spoiler but I don't think it'll fit on my e34.

Totally interested! PM me what you want for it (not including the E28 :D).

Yeah Alan, the spoiler looks great man, check out this white beauty with a SIMILAR M-tech spoiler.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/vlad-e30m3/e30-318iS/DSC_0767.jpg

When I first scrolled down I thought this was a dude in drag!

Yeah that's the look I'm after (the car I mean, not the dude in drag fcplm).

egye30
04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Lol there.. a little more feminine?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/vlad-e30m3/e30-318iS/DSC_0770.jpg

Vrbovsky
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow! Love the spoiler buddy *th-up*
much better than the is lip imo.
heard you got a steal of a deal on it too! *mumble*

e30_moment
04-09-2012, 05:06 PM

would definitely be interested in that spoiler as well if defaultname doesn't take it! I've never seen it on an e30 till this thread, looks great.

Woofer
05-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Finally got my hands on a hood. I was planning on just throwing it on but after further inspection it was not diamondschwartz. It had a golf ball size dent on it near the washer nozzle and also had some pretty deep scratches that I was not able to remove. I got it for a good price and it was completely rust free (thanks Gleb) so decided to try and paint/prep it my self with my friend. This is the biggest/flattest body panel that we have color painted so good opportunity to practice. I should have taken some before pics but I forgot. Here are a few shots of it after primer and a wet sand before base coat. Look at the reflection :). I think we are getting better at this lol. Can you see the dent? Our confidence level to want to tackle the whole car is increasing lol. Still lots to learn though.
Once we laid the first coat of base I realized my phone was dead. I'll take a few shots of the final product this weekend. We are Going to try and lay a few extra coats of clear so the final wet sand can be a little forgiving. I would like to get the clear to look like the primer did when wet.

The car also went to stance factory today to get a few things installed. I'll update when I get her back. Unfortunately my rim deal did not fall through. I had a deposit on a set of 16x9 borbet type As. The deposit was returned to me last night after two
months of waiting. Long story short I am looking for rims again.....or who knows, maybe I'll just dump that cash into other things for the car.

Woofer
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Well I can now say that I have never owned a better handling e30. Everything feels like new. I am amazed at how comfortable the car rides with the BC coilovers. They are set to completely soft right now but the car feels SO tight around corners and on/off ramps. I got a great chance to break them in on the spring cruise this pasted weekend too!

Here is a list of the work that was done, thanks Stance Factory. I don't regret a single penny of it either. The only thing I regret is not changing my stupid steering rack. Oh well, I'll get around to it eventually.

Control arms
Control arm bushings (e30 m3 eccentric)
Inner/outer Tie rod assemblies
Sway bar links, sway bar bushings, and supports
BC Racing coilovers
BC camber plates
BC Racing rear shock mounts
Skid plate
Alignment
LF wheel hub assembly
205/50 tires mounted with 5mm spacer in the rear.

Next winter I'll do the same to the rear suspension. I have another rear subframe that I'll use for the new parts

Here are a few pics. Enjoy!

I'm on the fence, but I think I will use the money I have for the rims towards my turbo build. There are a few things i'm missing to complete my kit. Who knows we'll see.

As for the hood, I'm sad to inform that it came out with a lot of dust spots so I will have to repaint the base coat again after we resand it. Unless anyone else has some tips for remove dust spots on the base coat?

Thanks

11069211069311069411069511069611069711069811069911 0700110701110702110703110704

cormier
05-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Nice stance dude!

Woofer
05-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks man! I'm looking forward to see what all you e30 cats have done this winter. Scott set up a meet/cruise lol.

Axxe
05-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Looking good? What spring rates did you go with? Monotubes kick ass.

Woofer
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks man.

Tomek, I should have listened to you before lol with my old e30s. Suspension upgrades are by the far the best mods to do first. I went with 8K front 12K rear (448lb/in and 672lb/in). They are set to completely soft for now; however, I now realize how shit the roads in Toronto actually are. It's not a harsh ride whatsoever but I do feel bumps on the road now that I didn't feel before. I also went with a skid plate this time. Too many broken pans in my history lol.

Axxe
05-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks man.

Tomek, I should have listened to you before lol with my old e30s. Suspension upgrades are by the far the best mods to do first. I went with 8K front 12K rear (448lb/in and 672lb/in). They are set to completely soft for now; however, I now realize how shit the roads in Toronto actually are. It's not a harsh ride whatsoever but I do feel bumps on the road now that I didn't feel before. I also went with a skid plate this time. Too many broken pans in my history lol.

Haha, yeah, I still preach good suspension > everything. And yes, the roads are horrible, and you can feel everything with stiff linear rates. Solid camber plates add a lot of NVH too, but the added static camber is amazing.

Denny
05-14-2012, 06:43 PM
perfect stance.

Love the flag on the hood...

Woofer
05-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks Denny. When are you going to bring you machine to Toronto?

Denny
05-14-2012, 08:43 PM

I would love too man!! but with my lack of time :( I am moving to Quebec city in july...to be close to the family to help us with the 3 year old... I will have more time to wrench on the car but now I am going to be 10 hours away!!

HavocSteve
05-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I would love too man!! but with my lack of time :( I am moving to Quebec city in july...to be close to the family to help us with the 3 year old... I will have more time to wrench on the car but now I am going to be 10 hours away!!

What!!?!? Now it looks like I'll be driving out there to see you now :(

Denny
05-14-2012, 11:32 PM

What!!?!? Now it looks like I'll be driving out there to see you now :(

yeah I know its weird. We need to hookup soon.. I need a good camera man to film some vids.. :)

Woofer
05-17-2012, 12:21 AM
I decided to try out some LED peanut bulbs in my city lights. The light output is actually kinda impressive IMO. I believe it's a 5w LED. The guy I got it from sells a stronger one too. The stronger bulb wouldn't fit in my housing. I'm sure if they would have fit that I would be able to drive with the city lights only LOL. I'm going to go back and see if he has or can get one of these in amber instead.

nonlocal
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Interesting, do you have any photos of the installation? How do they look in daylight? Hard to tell from photos but those almost look *too* bright!

My e34 city lights are way too dim though so I am definitely interested in something like this.

adam325i
05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow, those lights look awesome man! If you don't mind me asking where did you get them from?

Do you have any pictures of the BC Racing coilovers?

Im looking at getting them, just can't decide on spring rates yet.

Woofer
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Interesting, do you have any photos of the installation? How do they look in daylight? Hard to tell from photos but those almost look *too* bright!

My e34 city lights are way too dim though so I am definitely interested in something like this.

I'll take some pics later today.

They are not blinding, at least from what I can tell, but I would much rather them in amber. I have the business card at home. I'll post the guys info. Very nice guy to deal with and very knowledgable.

Woofer
05-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Wow, those lights look awesome man! If you don't mind me asking where did you get them from?

Do you have any pictures of the BC Racing coilovers?

Im looking at getting them, just can't decide on spring rates yet.

Thanks man. The info for the lights will be up later on.

I have 8K front 12K rear (448lb/in and 672lb/in). I don't have pics of the kit uninstalled but check out this guys write up.
http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91779

I can take a few pics of the camber plates If you want. I won't be taking the rims off till next weekend when I do the rotors and brakes. I can snap a few shots for you then.

I've only put on about 700-800 kms on the BCs so far. It's still all set to the softest settings. I love it so far, especially on/off highway ramps lol. You won't be disappointed.

Woofer
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Here is the info on the shop that I got the peanut bulbs from.

MTR Lighting & performance
1110 Finch Ave West
Toronto, Ontario
416 548 5707
416 875 4404 cell
Ask for Rad.

Woofer
09-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Yay or Nay?

Sup guys! My friend has a set of Porsche rims off a 944 for sale. He's trying to sell them to me but I'm on the fence regarding the way they look. Also to fit nice and flush it will need HUGE adapters. I can't remember the rear offset but the front were et65. The rims come with 4x100 to 5x130 20 mm adapters. When I put them on the car the fronts obviously didn't work. I had to use an additional 15mm spacer in the front to clear the struts. It also didn't help that they were mounted on 205/40/16 tires. I wasn't even able to lower the car anymore because I would have no ground clearance. For these to work they would need 205/45/16 tires with a 50-55mm adapter :S lol.

Anyways he convinced me to rock them to the Berlin klassik show last sunday. To see if it would change my mind, but I didn't lol. It was a 60-40 love/hate ratios. Even a few haters sayin,"who puts Porsche rims on a Bimmer?" lol.

Anyways here's a few shots. Let me know what you think. The rims are still for sale if anyone is interested, with 20mm adapters.

Thanks
Alan
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/deqe4asy.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/tyhesa8y.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/8ytedygu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/a8y7avag.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/agata4e4.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/y5e7erus.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/basyheba.jpg

Personally, I think these would look sweet on an E30.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/6uha5ute.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/14/bera3u3e.jpg

Enjoy!

frankie591
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Car looked great, I didn't really dig the wheels personally.

nonlocal
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't love having all that extra hardware between the wheels and the hub but aesthetically I love this...

defaultName
09-13-2012, 07:18 PM
I saw your car at Berlin Klassik and had to do a double take before I realized it was yours.

I like the look and I think they suit your car. At least they will when they're spaced properly.

Giormelo
09-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey woofer! Ahah I was trying to find your car the whole time on the forum after the bimmer cruise, I have to say I love your car! Keep it up

Woofer
04-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I haven't updated in awhile because I was going to upload all the work that I had done on the off season.

Unfortunately, my motor decided it was time to go!

I always planned on doing a swap someday but the m20 always ran so well that it felt like a crime to pull it out lol.

Anyways, here's what happened.

So I've always had a really dirty engine bay and I wanted to spruce things up.

We gave it a nice power wash, but I was still not happy.

So I starting taking some parts off to clean and paint. While I was in there I figured to do the injectors since they were probably the originals from factory.
Instead of opting for stock ones, I slapped in 17lbs m50/s50 injectors( green tops). Got them online soniccleaned and flow tested. They even came with a copy of the flow test. I also installed a m30 Afm that was donated to me by another max member! Thanks clementine.
Since I could now fit a cone style filter I ordered KAMOTORS e30 intake kit. Suppose to be the best one. Honestly nothing beats the air box but I wanted the "cool" intake sound lol.

I sand blasted/painted/polished the intake mani, valve cover, throttle body, afm and other brackets in the engine bay.
Here are a few shots of the finished products.

So now that everything is ready lets put it back together.

Once everything was installed we started it up. Car sounded like a v8 lol. Turns out only 3 cylinders firing, 2-4-6. Nothing was coming out of 1-3-5. After some trial and error we realized that perhaps the injectors weren't getting energized. Checked them out and it turned out we had everything working. There was fuel, air, and spark. Finally we said, " maybe the injectors are faulty?", and sure enough, coincidently, injectors 1-3-5 were ceased. It was the last thing we ruled out because of the stupid flow test certificate they came with. Contacted the seller and after a few emails if him saying its not his fault he said it was probably shipping that damaged them. If I covered shipping he would send another 3. I said forget it and luckily Devon was able to hook me up with a few he had that he didn't need. Thanks man
Cleaned them up, tested all injectors and put them in once confirmed they were good.
Fired it up and we are all good. A bit of a rough idle but straighten up by dialing in the m30 Afm. Let it warm up and Took it for a few spins and noticed that it was burning a bit of oil. Pulled back into the shop and while I was going to back in the rpm shot to 4k for a few seconds. I put the clutch down and the revs went back to normal. Put it in reverse and backed the car in and shut it off. After that it never started again. My dad suspected that perhaps the belt slipped. It was kinda due for one. Checked the valves to see if any bent and everything visually checked out. Checked to see if the motor was still in time and all good.
All puzzled as to why it won't start we did a compression test. Pulled first spark plug and it was covered in oil. Pulled the rest and they were fine.
All cylinders had very low compression. Lowest was cylinder one with 30psi and highest was cylinder 4 with 85psi. The rest were around 50-60 psi. I am assuming that the already weak piston rings gave out. The car ran like a champ last year before I decided to open it up. Last winter I did a tune up consisting of new plugs, wires, rotor and cap, fuel filter etc etc; however, on a cold start it did burn a bit of oil.

I've kinda decided to put the car down this season. I don't really want to swap in another m20. I have a few motors at the shop that may be contenders but don't want to do a rushed swap. Ill take my time and build something up.

On the bright side, I bought an e34 540i/6 for my wife as a parts car. Body needs work but has a solid drivetrain. It's dumped on m pars so it will do for now haha.

I won't lie, the m60 looks and sounds really nice in an e30 lol.

Woofer
04-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Damn iPhone app didn't up load the pics. Ill put them up later.

Woofer
04-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Pics

Before and after power wash

Parts removed

Parts prepared for install

Engine bay with parts installed

My 540i/6

What I am contemplating, amongst another ideas lol.

In all her glory at DDT

cormier
04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
What I am contemplating, amongst another ideas lol.

I like

AdrianL
04-24-2013, 08:29 AM
Awesome thread Alan, read through the entire thing. Next two weeks I'm really hoping to be back in town.

Woofer
07-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Adrian. Still waiting to see your turbo beast!

Here's a little teaser pic. She's been under the knife and almost done. A few hiccups along the way, but almost there.

Ill do a proper update soon.

On a side note, my brown coolant temp sensor(from my m20) will not fit in the head of my m52 as most people say it will. It's too big. My options are to retap the head, which I don't want too do. I can also make the threads smaller on my current m20 sensor OR I found this part number on R3V 1262171-0512 which is suppose to be the correct m20 coolant temp sensor that will screw right into the m52 head. Anyways, any input would e great!
Thanks!

Oh and yes the fender is Red but I was trying out plastidip. Didn't like the way it came out, but it's great for protecting the fenders while working on the car lol. 117475

Woofer
07-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I meant to say the brown m20 coolant temperature sender.

After looking at some write ups, I realize that my m52 obd2 head will not accept the m20 coolant sender. My options are to rethread the sender to the proper size or buy one that is made to fit from the link below.

"You will need to use an e30 brown top coolant temp sensor for the cluster reading. This will replace the pipe that screws into the head for the throttle body coolant line. You have three options here
Option 1 (what I did): Use a die and change the pitch of the threads to match the s52 head threads. The pitch was m12x1.5 (could be wrong, double check)
Option 2 (more risky IMO): Tap the head to match the sensor threads.
Option 3 (expensive, but easy if you don't have the tools: Buy a already rethreaded brown top coolant sensor from Markert motorwerks. http://www.markertmotorworks.com/MMWProducts.html"

Full write up here
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=266738

cormier
07-17-2013, 01:33 PM
So what's the verdict then :)?

karmatose
07-17-2013, 02:58 PM
I'd go option 3 because I'm lazy.

Woofer
07-17-2013, 05:42 PM
^^Lol I thought about option 3, but didn't want to wait.

I went with option one. I rethreaded the sensor. On my way to the shop to install it. Hopefully get everything else all hooked up and fool around with the tranny a bit. I think I installed the bracket wrong. I am using the stock m20 tranny, g260 I believe. I have a bracket that's suppose to correct the angle/tilt that its on when mated to a 24v motor. Hopefully she's on the road this weekend.

karmatose
07-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm no swap expert, but I surf the interwebz a lot. I believe the raised part of the brace goes on the left hand side of the car. It really looks like it can only go in one way.

Woofer
07-24-2013, 01:47 PM
^^ thanks for your input.

I did have the brace on properly te first time. I guess my biggest problem was trying to use my steel shifter carrier bracket. I ended up using a later style e30 aluminum carrier and now it lines up perfectly.

I also ended up rethreading the coolant Sender and now I should be getting a reading to the cluster :)

The whole drivetrain is in and now it's plug and play from here.

I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel lol!

Woofer
07-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Also finally got around to the brakes.
New calipers, rotors, pads and SS lines. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/e4ujyteb.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/2urajy2u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/ejanaben.jpg

Lots more parts to go on. Hoping to fire it up this week.

Stay tuned! Lol
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/25/qe8uqyby.jpg

propr'one
07-24-2013, 02:23 PM
are we racing for slips?

Woofer
07-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Lmao. Depends, if you want to lose tht cute roadster of yours!!

cormier
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM
What beautiful brakes. Enjoy them while they last :)

Woofer
07-29-2013, 04:16 PM
And she breathes!!!! Sounds crazy straight off the headers. Ill see if I can post a vid later.

Just a few thing left before she's on the ground.
-e34 m50 throttle cable
-bleed brakes and clutch
-mount my remote brake res. (any suggestions? I read the the 2002 tii brake res is the best option. Trying to use my e34 540 remote res. just can't find a spot to mount it really. Can anyone confirm if the Brake res is suppose to be above the master cylinder? I am assuming it is suppose to be above because it needs to drain into the master cylinder. If not, I can mount it just under the intake boot.
-change my valve cover gaskets and paint valve cover
-spark plugs
-install exhaust and get a down pipe made
-clean up wiring and get e30 318/m3 beauty covers ( anybody have any laying around lol?
-new m50 valve beauty covers
-install vaders :) maybe even install the rear e36 m3 bench.
-put front end back together

I'm sure there are a few more things but I'd like to get the above finished before the end of this week.

A few pics

Before
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/30/u5e3epy7.jpg

After
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/30/ezapebam.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/30/zujara4a.jpg

Also, does anyone have the chrome rings that go around the e30 headlights?

Thanks

Slowered318
07-29-2013, 08:14 PM
Nice work!

I should be on the road this weekend too.

thomase30
08-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Yeah the res has to be above the master it feeds fluid by gravity and will leak out the cap

cormier
08-25-2013, 04:53 PM
I have one of those tii reservoirs if you need it. Ya mounting is a pain. I used an ix brake res that has a clutch fluid bung off it. Congrats on gettin this far dude!

Woofer
08-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah the res has to be above the master it feeds fluid by gravity and will leak out the cap

Thanks man. I figured it was gravity fed. I did a little searching on google and found some info tht helped me out.

I ended up using a 540 remote res. I had to cut the lower part of the res into a half moon shape. Which happen to sit perfectly on one of te groves that the brake booster had. I left enough material on the res so I could drill a hole and use a nut and bolt to secure it to a bracket that comes up from the master cylinder bolts and curves nicely over the brake booster right to the grove where the res sits.
Ill post up some pics when I get a chance.

Woofer
08-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I have one of those tii reservoirs if you need it. Ya mounting is a pain. I used an ix brake res that has a clutch fluid bung off it. Congrats on gettin this far dude!

Thanks. Yea. Figuring a good spot was a bit time consuming. So far we are pleased with out current set up. I had the car on the DDT track during Bimmercruise and the brakes held up well. Brand spanking new brakes felt great on the track! Good way to work em in lol.

El Gato Liso
08-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Ooooo yaaaaaaaaaaa

Woofer
11-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Late update, but I completely forgot about this lol. I was having too much fun with 24v treatment lol.

So lets recap

97 m52 swap with obd 1 conversion 170,xxx kms
-new rear main seal
-spark plugs
-new serpentine belt
-new exhaust manifold gaskets, studs and bolts (copper coated I think)
-new pilot bearing
-rebuilt injectors.
-new throttle body gasket
-new intake manifold gaskets
-valve cover gaskets
-new oil filter, oil and coolant
-new throttle cable

Here are a few pics
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/u4e6yveh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/vuzejyby.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/e5yju9ud.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/nesu3ega.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/nevuby5u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/gyga9e4e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/rynebygy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/gu4e3ena.jpg

Car runs great but now it's modding/repairing season so I've got a few things on my list, some with more priority than others lol.

To do list

- One of the MAIN items on the list is to tackle the rear end. It's the original sub frame so it's kicked the bucket. I have a nice crack where the diff bolts up and one of the holes for bolting the diff on is no longer there lol. Bolt goes right through. So my goal is to find a clean complete rear end that I can build off the car (paint, bushings etc). This way I can just swap them out. I'm in between poly or OEM rear sub frame bushings. What do you guys think? I read that the polys can be pretty harsh and I think if replaced with OEM bushings it'll probably last another 15-20 years, like the originals did?

-Next would be the leaky gas tank. This summer I noticed it would smell like gas whenever I filled right up. Put it on the hoist and I can see that it's leaking from the top. Too bad, the rest of the tank looks pretty clean. I'm thinking of putting a later model tank in it. Can I still run an external pump with the later style tank?

-I'm also going to do the zf tranny swap. I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, except a clutch and diff. I currently have a 4:10 LSD so I'm looking for a 3:15 LSD. I wanted the 3:73 LSD but after speaking to another member with the 3:73 and m52/zf combo he mentioned it still felt pretty short. Hwy cruising was still pretty high reving. I intend on boosting eventually (have some goodies put together) so I read that they like to run the 3:15lsd. I believe this is the diff that comes out of the roadster? Still need to do a bit more research.

- Exhaust. If you are doing the 24v swap, stay away from the m50 cast manifolds. Just buy the cheapo headers on eBay. I should have done that from the beginning. I may do the m52/s52 manifolds instead. They produce less rasp then the cheapo eBay headers. I'm already running a straight pipe so I'm afraid it'll be annoying with all that rasp.

- clutch fan delete. I read that the 16' spal fan works great. Can any other BMW aux can be used instead?

- New radiator with a built in coolant res

- If I can fit in the budget I'd like to get s52 cams.

Looks like I have a bit of work a head of me lol.

Woofer
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Here are a few shots of her before she was put away.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/epyda2ap.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/y5u4ysy6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/a5e7upu8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/u2urunyb.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/uzy5uby7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/ypateteq.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/uru5abyp.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/zygy8eda.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/e5y6epa8.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/ysage2yp.jpg

Woofer
11-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Finally got my caps polished. Which emblem should I run? I think the BMW one looks cleaner.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/y4eqavy5.jpg

Bullet Ride
11-26-2013, 08:22 PM
- I'm in between poly or OEM rear sub frame bushings. What do you guys think? I read that the polys can be pretty harsh and I think if replaced with OEM bushings it'll probably last another 15-20 years, like the originals did?

Poly subframe bushings is fine, but stick with OEM rubber RTABs.

-I'm thinking of putting a later model tank in it. Can I still run an external pump with the later style tank?

This has relevant discussion http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1174914-Late-model-fuel-tank-into-early-325is
I will also say that the siphon sytem built into the aftermarket tanks does not seem to function as well as the OEM tank. Last year with my leaky OEM tank I had no issues with fuel starvation going below half a tank of fuel. This year I put in a brand new aftermarket tank with a new fuel pump and new filter, and on both Mosport GP through turn 1 and turn 3 and on Cayuga through turn 1 I was having issues with fuel starvation just below a half tank of fuel. I'm going to have to sort that out for next year.

Woofer
11-29-2013, 11:46 PM
- I'm in between poly or OEM rear sub frame bushings. What do you guys think? I read that the polys can be pretty harsh and I think if replaced with OEM bushings it'll probably last another 15-20 years, like the originals did?

Poly subframe bushings is fine, but stick with OEM rubber RTABs.

-I'm thinking of putting a later model tank in it. Can I still run an external pump with the later style tank?

This has relevant discussion http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1174914-Late-model-fuel-tank-into-early-325is
I will also say that the siphon sytem built into the aftermarket tanks does not seem to function as well as the OEM tank. Last year with my leaky OEM tank I had no issues with fuel starvation going below half a tank of fuel. This year I put in a brand new aftermarket tank with a new fuel pump and new filter, and on both Mosport GP through turn 1 and turn 3 and on Cayuga through turn 1 I was having issues with fuel starvation just below a half tank of fuel. I'm going to have to sort that out for next year.

Thanks Steve. I may consider keeping an early model tank in my car.

"The early gauge expects a resistance change or 60-0 ohm (full to empty). The later tank uses two sensors wired in series and thus goes from 120-0 ohms. If you use a late gauge in an early car the fuel will be exhausted when the gauge reads a touch below half. If you use a late gauge in an early car the tank will be full when the gauge reads about half.

Sine the late tank employs a siphon to lift fuel over the drive shaft hump, two sensors are necessary to give reasonably accurate fuel levels when the car isn't being driven solely in a straight line. A good bit of fuel can wind up on the "wrong" side of the tank, and vice versa. The early tank has a cross over tube that will allow the levels on both sides of the tank to equalize."

The car has a body harness from a 91 that I had to re wire so the early style tank would work. I do remember leaving all the OEM connectors intact, assuming that I may do a later style tank. All I did was splice and make some longer wires or something, I need to double check. It also seems like the early style tank won't have the siphon issue you mentioned. Either way, I'm leaning towards buying a brand new tank. I don't want to end up with a leaky used one down the road.

I'm looking at some kits on AKG's website for the sub frame bushings and RTABS, still shopping around. I may pick up their rear toe/camber kits too.

karmatose
12-02-2013, 03:08 PM
I have a set of new poly rtabs sitting on my desk I'd let go for cheap....

Robb
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
I like the wheels. The look like old skool Kerscher

http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hosteurope.de/fotost/f00885/f00885.htm

http://wp1016621.server-he.de/fotost/f00885/05.jpg
http://wp1016621.server-he.de/fotost/f00885/02.jpg

Woofer
12-06-2013, 12:53 PM
I have a set of new poly rtabs sitting on my desk I'd let go for cheap....

Thanks karmatose, I think I may stick with OEM RTABS but if I change my mind I wil let you know. Can you PM me an asking price?

Woofer
12-06-2013, 12:56 PM
I like the wheels. The look like old skool Kerscher

http://wp1016621.wp027.webpack.hosteurope.de/fotost/f00885/f00885.htm

http://wp1016621.server-he.de/fotost/f00885/05.jpg
http://wp1016621.server-he.de/fotost/f00885/02.jpg

Thanks Robb, I always liked the way the momos looked, but I finally splurged and bought a set of rims. They are currently being polished so I will update pics once I figure out what tires I will run.

Those kerscher look amazing on that e30, especially in that color!

Woofer
12-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Found a set of used eBay headers! Great deal and it was local. Why is summer time so far away! Lol I'll post pics later on this week. Nothing special, regular headers, but to me it means no more leaky manifolds!!! Question, if I only have one o2 sensor but the headers have bungs for 2, what is one to do? Make my o2 sensor longer and install it after my Y pipe?

Found a brand new early style tank for 350, aftermarket. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, hoping to find cheaper LOL. Chances are ill pick it up after the holiday season. Unless anyone here has any leads.

I also finally!!!!! Have rims. They are in my possession. Dropped them off last week to get professionally polished. I didn't want to mess around polishing step lips, oh no, have I said to much lol? I will post pics once I get them back. Or maybe ill just wait till summer time to show you guys haha.

frankie591
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I put plugs in the bungs on my long tube headers and have the o2 sensor in a bung in my y-pipe. Hopefully the headers you got fit better than my racelands, as they hit on every possible component and were a serious pain in my ass.

Woofer
12-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I put plugs in the bungs on my long tube headers and have the o2 sensor in a bung in my y-pipe. Hopefully the headers you got fit better than my racelands, as they hit on every possible component and were a serious pain in my ass.

They look like they'll fit no problem lol
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/2edanady.jpg

They actually look identical to these, just not shiny anymore.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/10/judu8uhy.jpg

Woofer
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Seems like they look just like your raceland headers. I hope it's not as bad as I have read. I know they fit in an e36 but haven't test for then on my car yet. I have read mixed feelings regarding these headers. Some guys say the install wasn't to bad and other say it was a nightmare.

What did u do in order to make yours fit?

frankie591
12-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Seems like they look just like your raceland headers. I hope it's not as bad as I have read. I know they fit in an e36 but haven't test for then on my car yet. I have read mixed feelings regarding these headers. Some guys say the install wasn't to bad and other say it was a nightmare.

What did u do in order to make yours fit?

I had t dent my subframe, cut and weld a relief in my header to clear my sway bar, had to bend my sway bar for additional clearance, had to dent the shit out of my header to clear the control arm bushing (I suggest just getting treehouse/akg/knockoff cab's). The worst thing about mine though are that they have 2-bolt threaded flanges, so the top bolt of the passenger side pipe is practically impossible to line up. What I did to fix this was drill the threaded holes out of the flanges ad run a through bolt so I could fasten the nut on the front side of the header flange which is much easier.

I have heard of some people having massive problems like myself, and some people who get ebay headers have them work great. Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones *par-t*

Woofer
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
I had t dent my subframe, cut and weld a relief in my header to clear my sway bar, had to bend my sway bar for additional clearance, had to dent the shit out of my header to clear the control arm bushing (I suggest just getting treehouse/akg/knockoff cab's). The worst thing about mine though are that they have 2-bolt threaded flanges, so the top bolt of the passenger side pipe is practically impossible to line up. What I did to fix this was drill the threaded holes out of the flanges ad run a through bolt so I could fasten the nut on the front side of the header flange which is much easier.

I have heard of some people having massive problems like myself, and some people who get ebay headers have them work great. Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones *par-t*

That sounds like a terrible time lol. I REALLY hope it's not as bad. I'm tempted to start this project now lol but I'd rather wait until all my parts are collected. however,I am going to go jack up the car and see what I will be dealing with, knowing me, ill probably drop the whole exhaust haha

El Gato Liso
12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
She lives ooooon! Fuk ya murica!*rockout*