PDA

View Full Version : E30 fenders

Woofer
09-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Hey guys. I was trying to put an order in for new front fenders but the company I am ordering from only has 4 door fenders. Will the fenders from a 4 dr E30 work on a 2 dr E30? Thanks.

Oh yea. They are costing me $75 a side. Good price?

Thanks.
Alan

Eurostyle
09-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey guys. I was trying to put an order in for new front fenders but the company I am ordering from only has 4 door fenders. Will the fenders from a 4 dr E30 work on a 2 dr E30? Thanks.

Oh yea. They are costing me $75 a side. Good price?

Thanks.
Alan

Good price for shitty quality! I would never put an aftermarket fender on a car...
1. You will need lots of effort to fit it.
2. It will always show what they are not OEM
3. They will rust (from inside out) in just a few years...

Ps. 2 and 4 door fenders are identical...

Woofer
09-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks phil.

Any chance you have a set of fenders for my e30. Rust free lol

Woofer
09-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Anyone have experience with aftermarket fenders?

Eurostyle
09-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks phil.

Any chance you have a set of fenders for my e30. Rust free lol

One side only!*wave*

MaxBell
09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I've been looking for a drivers side fender in bronzit or alpine white for a while now. I bought an aftermarket panel last year, but it didn't line up with the hood at the front. The hood didn't close properly it was off just enough for it to be a huge ****ing PITA.

Ceeker
09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Anyone have experience with aftermarket fenders?

yes I do and have a set on my car; depends on when and where they are stamped. the passenger side will need some fitment but can work. So contrary to what people are saying; the gauge of metal used is identical as I have a set of oem DOT fenders and compared them. If you prep the metal properly it won't rust. Any metal not treated will rust no matter who stamps it. Besides, you can spend 2-300 maybe more per fender from your local dealership because it is oem and makes you happy, or you can buy your 150.00 set and make it work.

And oem doesn't guarantee perfect fitment if the car may have been hit and repaired previously.

everlast
09-09-2011, 11:59 PM
I have aftermarket on both sides. I treated the entire inside and lip with POR15. The drivers side is perfect but the inner seam on the passenger was completely wrong and required some finessing. All in all, it was pretty easy about $350 all in, painted.

I would have gone for two rust-free southern ones, but honestly it was so pain-free to do the aftermarket, low risk, etc, I'd do it again.

Ceeker
09-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I have aftermarket on both sides. I treated the entire inside and lip with POR15. The drivers side is perfect but the inner seam on the passenger was completely wrong and required some finessing. All in all, it was pretty easy about $350 all in, painted.

I would have gone for two rust-free southern ones, but honestly it was so pain-free to do the aftermarket, low risk, etc, I'd do it again.

Yeah the inner seam on the pass side was stamped reverse to the body line. I told the supplier to notify the manftr. of the error and to correct it. I would agree otherwise pretty painless to install and a a fraction of the cost.

MaxBell
09-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I grabbed my passenger side off another car, it had a LITTLE bit of rust on the top of the wheel arch. I sanded and painted. It's blossomed handsomely with rust since then.

Maybe I just suck at fitting shit. Though I thought my bumper swap was on point.

DIRTY30
09-10-2011, 04:37 AM
Dont buy from cross canada. metal is super thin and drivers side has a terrible fittment!

Ceeker
09-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Dont buy from cross canada. metal is super thin and drivers side has a terrible fittment!

Bought mine from Carquest -stamped in Taiwan. gauge was the same as oem.
I had to cut a bit on the passenger side to make it work.