PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series '96 328ic 5MT just traded-in! Have a good home?

desmo
08-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone,

I know its a good day of work when my used car manager asks ME to appraise a car.

1996 328ic will be traded into my dealership this week, and I thought that I'd give the maxbimmer community a shot on the car before we sell it to the first gypsy wholeseller who brings us $2 profit.

Details are scarce at the moment, but let me know if you are at all interested and when we get the car Friday I will get more notes.

What I know so far. Bit of a rough car.
- 108 miles
- 5MT
- Needs brakes for sure
- Clutch is kinda hard, but I havent driven an E36 in a while...
- Few rust spots on the body I saw. Above windshield, around the rear fenders. Didnt look too terrible though, and the underside looked decently clean.

The top according to the owner:
- Has a few tears in the rear plastic
- Only leaks in a bit in a pressure carwash, never in the rain
- Power roof works, BUT you have to manually lift the cover to allow the top to fold.....(havent tried myself yet)
- Owner has been daily driving the vehicle

Windshield has been replaced I can tell, most likely in 1997 where the Carproof showed a pretty expensive front end accident repair...close to $10k.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
I dont know what the rules are posting something like this
I do not own the car
I do not make money selling the car. (not my direct job here)
I do not have any room on my driveway to make this a cheap summer ride but I wish I did.

...so yeah. It'll be pretty cheap, and it looks much better than a parts car. I dont know the price, usually pieces like are best offer, and I'm not really an E36 expert at all to decide what I think its worth to you guys.

Anyone want to know more?

BimmerGuys
08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like a nice car, interested, pls call 4168873473

WiredRacing
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Is that green?

desmo
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Colour is green with matching roof and beige interior. I actually love the colour and don't see too many like this out there.

roubi1
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
i would like to know more what price range were u looking at pm me

A.K.A. Blackout
08-31-2011, 11:45 PM
interested in price as well... PM me details...

desmo
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I MAY get the car tonight and will call/send information in order.

I think we are looking to get close to $3k if the car shows in good condition. That isnt firm ATM.

desmo
09-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Just got it!

Honestly it's a lot more solid then it looked before I drove it.

Pro's
- ORIGINAL OWNER! Has a pile of documents including original window sticker, E36 cassett tape, and BMW flashlight as well as all proper books. $44,810 original selling price
- Engine fires up and revs to redline fine
- Didnt heatup beyond 50% even after left idling for a while
- Shifts fine, no sloppy bushing, doesnt jump out of gear or grind etc...
- No noise in suspension. Over bumps, or turning
- All electronic options, traction control, heated seats
- All pieces of the bodykit are there and not cracked. Including fogs and headlights

CON
- Original clutch for sure. Doenst slip, but its getting a bit high on the action. Doenst need to be replaced right away
- Needs brakes for safety
- Small rust spots here and there
- Driver seat has a rip

If you are interested I invite you to PM me your number. You can view the car Saturday.

ATTN: Not to put any timeframe on the sale, but this is a business, and one way or another they will sell the car this weekend, or Monday the latest.
And I still think we are on the money trying to get close to $3k.

What's everyone think? Thanks for looking.

WiredRacing
09-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Looks good. I'd like to see it but Sat is a toughie. As per my PM, Fri or Sun.

The windshield rust is a tough one. That will need to be professionally addressed at some point and in a car with no roll over protection to begin with it all resides on the windshield and that's going to be one hell of a weak point.

Anyhow the ballpark price for me says it warrants a look but personally due to the color and then the windshield rust there (Without seeing it more closely) it's not a weekend-plan breaker. :)

If I see it or not, thanks a lot for drawing attention to it. And if you can drop me your info there in response to my PM that'd be great.

racer-x
09-02-2011, 07:18 PM
ATTN: Not to put any timeframe on the sale, but this is a business, and one way or another they will sell the car this weekend, or Monday the latest.
And I still think we are on the money trying to get close to $3k.

What's everyone think? Thanks for looking.

Well I threw a $3000 sight unseen guaranteed sale on the table.
I think you should sell it to me.

desmo
09-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Car sold.
Thanks for looking everyone. Hopefully I'll see another car like this soon.

racer-x
09-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Maybe next time just post the name of the dealership and the salesmans name.
That way someone actually has a fair chance to throw down all in cash on the barrel head.

BimmerGuys
09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Well... you guys didn't loose that much
The car had $30,000 accident claim
Back window glass was shoot
The convertible roof was stuck
Body had rust
AC wasn't working

ClayMan
09-04-2011, 12:28 AM
how was the car not written off with a 30k claim? even new, it was only ~50k...