PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series feeler only 89 white AUTO 125k verified with MTO

89m20
08-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi
I am probably NOT going to sell this but wanted 'expert' opinions on my case. This car was rarely driven and was an absolute status symbol for the old ass chinese doctor who owned it. Body is almost completely rust free and checked all max rec areas ie behind brake lights etc, interior is PERFECT blue cloth and yes it is an automatic 325i with the nicer plastic bumpers. I have 2 options - 1 immediately dump the pre requisite 2k on a complete tune (via pelican etc) and drive/tune/swap it into oblivion (wife against that absurdity of course!) - 2 hand this over to someone and get the maximum cash possible. I paid on an 'exchange' basis. Long story short, want to know the real world worth of this white e30 and the km are verified with the ministry so its legit. It has a new exhaust with the oe stickers on it and he says that the timing belt was changed before he decided to park it. Any opinions/offers much appreciated.
Remote 3rd option is to park it myself and wait the 3 years that it will take before it turns 25yrs old and go from there. Thanks.

noodles101
08-29-2011, 04:51 AM
right now its probably worth 6~6.5 grand tops.

pictures would help other members to justify value / what you should do with it.

WiredRacing
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Why are all the "clean" E30's Auto's? Arrrgh.

jeremy
08-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Why are all the "clean" E30's Auto's? Arrrgh.

Pretty easy/common swap.

89m20
08-30-2011, 03:19 AM
Freshly transferred ownership and unwashed..........

vincenthclam
08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Hmmm...

Attractive mileage, but auto, on steelies, non-sport interior, body looks a bit rough in photos... and you want to know what people would pay?

This young Chinese-Canadian doctor would pay 2.5k for it as it sits if I were in the market for a nice little driver. 3 if certified, e-tested.

89m20
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I want to first address the young vs old = no offence at all - the pix were taken without washing the car as soon as I parked it. Anyway, want to rip out the carpet and ensure that everything is cleaned inside out and then do a buff on the paint. i will post again with smallr pix and go from there.

Discostar
08-31-2011, 04:19 PM
right now its probably worth 6~6.5 grand tops.

Your kidding right?

89m20
09-04-2011, 06:22 PM
*th-up*Disco, what da dealio, what do you think its worth?? *smoke*And why, thanks.

I am now seriously contemplating getting rid of it as I am looking at a recently imported BAUR
316i convertible which also happens to be manual. The wife is more in tune with this variant and will support my tinkering with the car. Methinks that because this 89 325i is an auto, the punishment on body/structure was significantly less. Smooth shifting aside, there is minimal rust even the undercarriage. So, from the knowledge acquired from this very forum, methinks I will get the necessary parts (waterpump superkit/ignition super kit/new rad etc etc) and do the touch up/polish of the body. This will be followed by safety and at this point, methinks I will gun for 10k plus. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated (positive replies will yield the same) Thanks again.*th-up*

racer-x
09-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Methinks $10K will buy me an E36 M3!
Good luck with the project!

noodles101
09-04-2011, 11:10 PM
10 k will buy u a minty fresh e36 m3!

Vrbovsky
09-04-2011, 11:39 PM
as the owner of a mint 1990 325is 5speed coupe with 180,000 with NO rust, never mind minimal rust, I'd say you're car is worth 2,500$ to 3,000$ TOPS

explanation?

4 doors are fine, but are less desirable than 2 doors,

Autos are junk (yes the swap is easy but time better spent doing other things)

M20 engines are worthless, so the fact that it is low mileage is only a bonus if the body is mint... which it seems is not the case.

the car itself is a base model with comfort interior.

long story short? anyone who buys this will be forever modding/spending to bring it up to par

the point? no offense, but you're on crack for even considering 10k as a price point! do some more research!

racer-x
09-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Not everyone thinks automatic sedans are not desirable.
This isnt a time warp car stored in a plastic bubble.
It would make a fine daily driver for many years to come.

If it were me, I would have just bought low, and sold as high as possible.
Give it a detail for curb appeal. Or is that curbsider appeal?
*th-up*
as the owner of a mint 1990 325is 5speed coupe with 180,000 with NO rust, never mind minimal rust, I'd say you're car is worth 2,500$ to 3,000$ TOPS

explanation?

M20 engines are worthless, so the fact that it is low mileage is only a bonus if the body is mint... which it seems is not the case.

long story short? anyone who buys this will be forever modding/spending to bring it up to par

the point? no offense, but you're on crack for even considering 10k as a price point! do some more research!

noodles101
09-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Your kidding right?

LOL i wasnt kidding , i posted my reply before i saw the pictures...

the OP made it sound like a fregging minty fresh flawless car...

now that ive seen the car , id say 3 k~ 3.5

4 is pushing it.

Discostar
09-05-2011, 01:47 AM
*th-up*Disco, what da dealio, what do you think its worth?? *smoke*And why, thanks.

With a solid detail, and if the stars align and you find the right buyer, I would say 3-4k is not unrealistic.

But you would have to be very lucky, and very patient to find the right buyer who will find enough value in this car to pay you that. As mentioned earlier, not everyone is turned off by auto for example, but most will be. Out of the enthusiasts (because that would be your market in anything over the 1.5-2k range) who would be looking for a car like this, most would prolly be partial to the coupe, late model 1990-91, and 5-speed. Then out of those who arenít, how many of them will be looking for a 4 door, non sport, ect....
So is it impossible to make upwards of 3k on this car? Not at all. However, itís unlikely.

I would say you could sell it in a reasonable time period for 2.5-3k best case. If anyone offers your more I suggest you jump on it.

PS: If you just plan on selling it, its my humble suggestion that you dont dump another cent into this car if you dont have to. It wont change the value of the car to the average buyer, and depending on what parts were used it could even hurt your chances.

canuckder
09-05-2011, 09:13 AM
You just bought it?

What did you pay for it, obviously you thought said price was fair,

all these stories dont add up, And there are a few VERY clean examples floating around right now that you should check out.

Im in the market for a new daily, but not at the prices said above.

GLWS,

Eurostyle
09-05-2011, 09:18 AM
$3K with lots of time and luck. Altho "everybody" is looking for clean E30's, they dont want to pay much. The "auto on blue cloth, sendan" kills it. If it was a 325is 5spd on black sport leather, then it might be worth more.

Ceeker
09-05-2011, 09:37 AM

explanation?

I beg to differ on some of your points. First off the 5-speed versions are usually beat on. although the motors are generally healthier because people rev them more, the cars are also abused more.

the auto's however, less desirable (not junk) as you pointed our are better cars because most people don't want or care for auto's. However, because of this you can't drive the auto the way you drive the stick. So they don't get as beat. The down side to autos' is the camshaft. Since people don't rev them they are known for starvation and the lobes wear out prematurely.

M20 engines in most minds maybe paper weights. But for a collector, or finding a car "unmolested" makes it more valuable. You aren't dealing with someone elses FRANKENSTEIN creation. or version of what is correct or mint/modified. You won't get problems with your M20 if you change your timing belt.
During the storm about 7 years ago. BMW was overbooked with cars coming in from Hydrolock. The motors were toast otherwise. I didn't see any M20 in the shop. infact my buddy got stuck with his m20 and he got it home with no problems. You won't get any new engine being able to do that.

With the exception of the 4 door IX; I do agree 4 doors are less wanted.

Do you know what it would have cost you in a regular shop to restore your IS the way you did? that is easily a 5-7k job. :-)

Vrbovsky
09-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I suppose I could have been nicer in my first post... but when I saw the 10k asking price my jaw dropped. I understand that there are those who would want this as a Toronto daily where perhaps a 5speed is a pita, but come on! when this was new it would have been among the least desirable e30s!

I only wanted to point out that in general e30s are judged by their physical status and km generally have very little to do with a sale. A low mileage example that is mint is worth $$$ but if rust has set in then the low mileage, imo, is irrelevant. Judging from the pics it looks like the passenger door and rocker are rusting.

Just as a comparison, last year on another board, a MINT original 60,000 mile 1991 318is arctic white sold for 8.5k.!!!

If the seller had stated he would ask 5k then I would have thought it overpriced, but 10k????? for real?

89m20
09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Ok, that was ALOT of info to digest but worth every penny. Thank you guys for the knowledge, as this will definitely have me reconsider my priorities. Where the jaw dropping price came from is the US auto trader. I am looking at the crazy klix on them ranging from 200 to 400km and the asking prices are from 5-10+ U$. Anyway, I have decided to seriously consider selling as an option so I took some more detailed pix and I will repost as a FS thread. And yes, there is minimal rust but nothing a bodyshop has to do alot to fix (I was doing some consulting for some bodyshops and picked up some knowledge). Again, the price will be adjusted to reflect $1k in needed parts (pelican etc) that I would pay to have the car on the road for myself AS WELL as MAX $1K to bring the car to a professionally minty condition. Now I can see how alot of folks on here are making some serious loot from parts/cars exchanging/selling etc. So hobby plus money which is awesome. Thanks again folks.

racer-x
09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
the auto's however, less desirable (not junk) as you pointed our are better cars because most people don't want or care for auto's. However, because of this you can't drive the auto the way you drive the stick. So they don't get as beat. The down side to autos' is the camshaft. Since people don't rev them they are known for starvation and the lobes wear out
:-)

I don't mean to thread crap, but oil starvation due to under revving and premature cam wear? I have never heard of this and it doesn't make sense.

I have heard of cam wear because you don't use a proper oil filter with a pressure relief valve built in to prevent dry starts.

I would hope my under revved former grandpa owned car has more cam material left because it wasn't thrashed!*th-up*

Once again, good luck with the car. I bet it will kick a lot of 5 speed 2 door ass even with that automatic yet a fresh engine with lots of power.

racer-x
09-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Did you consider anyone's advice before advertising at over $10,000?
There is a nice M-tech package cabriolet going for less on kijiji.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1989-BMW-3-Series-comfort-heated-cloth-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ312089885

89m20
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
*smoke*Asking prices I will post outside this forum will be significantly different. A different demographic is what I am after that may be able to see things a little differently - but who knows, I will start high and see. Here, I would probably ask like 6k max. We will see.

Ceeker
09-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't mean to thread crap, but oil starvation due to under revving and premature cam wear? I have never heard of this and it doesn't make sense.

I have heard of cam wear because you don't use a proper oil filter with a pressure relief valve built in to prevent dry starts.

I would hope my under revved former grandpa owned car has more cam material left because it wasn't thrashed!*th-up*

Once again, good luck with the car. I bet it will kick a lot of 5 speed 2 door ass even with that automatic yet a fresh engine with lots of power.

just because you never heard of this fact doesn't mean it wasn't happening. trust me I've seen a good few in the dealership when bmw was still small. And I've witnessed auto cams being replaced a good few times because the motors weren't being "driven." this was addressed to me by a Master Bmw tech. we are talking into 100+k of consistent behavior not the odd dry start or low oil or bad filter change.

Ceeker
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Here is a "real" collector for anyone wanting a sedan...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1989-BMW-3-Series-comfort-heated-cloth-Sedan-W0QQAdIdZ312089885

oh, and priced right too!!!

89m20
09-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Ok, understandably people on this forum will scoff at the idea of a car they are used to getting for 500-1k being posted for 10k. Let me drop some logic, which is what led me to get this car to begin with........ TO ME .......

1 SPORT PACKAGE = STIFFER AND MORE PUNISHMENT FOR BODY - MINE IS COMFORT = SOFTER SETTINGS = LONGER LIFE

2 EVERY SPORT SEAT I HAVE SEEN IS IN NEED OF SERIOUS SERVICE = YOU DO THE SAME WITH THESE SEATS ANYWAY

3 BODY NEEDS NO MORE THAN TOUCHING UP = MONEY SAVED FOR 10 LAYER PAINT JOB

4 LOW KILOMETERS WHICH IS LEGALLY VERIFIED INCREASES WORTH CONSIDERING NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN CLAIM THE SAME = ONCE IT IS 25 YRS OLD IT WILL LEGALLY BE DEEMED AN ANTIQUE!! = MO LOOT JIGGA!*uzi*

THE LIST GOES ON AND THIS WOULD APPEAL TO ME (MAYBE NOT YOU SEASONED VETERANS, BUT ME??!!, I WOULD CONSIDER IT IF FINANCIALLY FEASSIBLE) AND LASTLY, IF THE PRICE IS HIGH THEN ALL THE NEGOTIATING WILL YIELD CLOSER TO A MORE 'REALISTIC FOR THIS FORUM' PRICE ANYWAY. OK I AM DONE SSPLAININ MESELF AND AGAIN, I WILL BE POSTING THIS CAR IN THE FOR SALE SECTION AT A MORE ACCEPTABLE PRICE. SARCASM ASIDE, THIS DEMOGRAPHIC HAPPENS TO BE A WITTLE DIFFWENT, NNAAAA MEAN SIR???!!! OUTSIDE THIS FORUM TINGS A WITTLE DIFFWENT :idea: AND I WOULD LIKE TO POSITION MYSELF FAVOURABLY CAPEESH? tHANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT! THIS WEEKEND WILL BE DETAILIN TIME N POST WILL HAPPEN THEREAFTER, SEE YOU THERE FOLKS.

bmwm5lover
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Bwahhahaha, I wouldnt pay more than 700$ for this e30, I don't care if it had 20K on it. Its the most unwated e30 produced, and the 1 thing that may make an enthusiast want it, a 100% mint, rust free body, is not the case with the car.

Good luck with the sale, but you don't need luck, you need a retard with 10K$.

89m20
09-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm glad you can see it that way.....this car came my way and I am trying to flip it. Logic, no emotions. Ok lets see what this yields..............

Discostar
09-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Wow...

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the first educated buyer makes the trip out to see what he thinks will be a 10k e30.

I'm not sure who that would be, if anyone at all. I would really be surprised if anyone even takes the time to pick up the phone at that price, but all the power to you. I'm interested to see what actually happens with this.

You just better fully disclose all the details about that car before you make someone drive more then 15mins to see that thing. If not, the only "negotiations" I see happening will be the ones for your life, after that unfortunate sole realizes you just completely wasted his/her time.

89m20
09-08-2011, 09:10 AM
The ad contains full disclosure of everything involved as well as the approximate cost of the work awaiting them. Again, for myself, I would seriously consider buying this car because of the condition it is in and especially because of the softer suspension. Anyway, this surprisingly brought out the drama queens in a few members. The pictures taken were with debris/dust accumulated over many years of storage and to make judgements before having a chance to wash it properly is a little unfair methinks. Too bad you folks feel this way, but this weekend, after I have had a chance to clean it up, I will post it for sale on this forum and we can all go from there. If some are still catchin feelins, then rest assured that I AGAIN will adjust the price accordingly for this forum. It still will not be cheapish but you can expect a more realistic representation of the car, least desirable model or not (btw, to me, the coupe always looked stupid unless it was the m3 and the sedan/touring had a more balanced appearance more similar to the e34). So to each his own and I can justify this to similar minded folks. Thanks again for all the information.

Ceeker
09-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Bwahhahaha, I wouldnt pay more than 700$ for this e30, I don't care if it had 20K on it. Its the most unwated e30 produced, and the 1 thing that may make an enthusiast want it, a 100% mint, rust free body, is not the case with the car.

Good luck with the sale, but you don't need luck, you need a retard with 10K$.

well actually the most undesirable e30 was the 84-318i. it was the lowest budget first gen e30 which was more like an experiment then anything else. it had it's share of bugs even with the M10 engine. Horse hair seats and all.
So a 4 door late model is still by far an improvement over the 84-318.

Ceeker
09-08-2011, 09:39 AM
I suppose I could have been nicer in my first post... but when I saw the 10k asking price my jaw dropped. I understand that there are those who would want this as a Toronto daily where perhaps a 5speed is a pita, but come on! when this was new it would have been among the least desirable e30s!

I only wanted to point out that in general e30s are judged by their physical status and km generally have very little to do with a sale. A low mileage example that is mint is worth $$$ but if rust has set in then the low mileage, imo, is irrelevant. Judging from the pics it looks like the passenger door and rocker are rusting.

Just as a comparison, last year on another board, a MINT original 60,000 mile 1991 318is arctic white sold for 8.5k.!!!

If the seller had stated he would ask 5k then I would have thought it overpriced, but 10k????? for real?

I agree, you can get a 10k e30 in absolute mint condition south of the border incl shipping. But I have seen them for less.

Aside from this; posting on Max or any other forum with enthusiasts in mind is a dumb move if you want to sell high on the price. Clearly this isn't reasonable, but that is the sellers prerogative.

the type buyer you might be aiming at is one which isn't well informed of the market nor the type of car and just wants to own a bmw. Keep in mind however, you have competition out there for less $. So the buyer being uninformed may go with a cheaper one regardless because he couldn't care less about this or that and the car just looks good. So we come back to appearance..4d or 2d? answer is obvious...

for 10k you can get an e46 that is about 7 years old.

which would you have?

bmwm5lover
09-08-2011, 10:39 AM
well actually the most undesirable e30 was the 84-318i. it was the lowest budget first gen e30 which was more like an experiment then anything else. it had it's share of bugs even with the M10 engine. Horse hair seats and all.
So a 4 door late model is still by far an improvement over the 84-318.

You are right, I was referring to a plastic bumpered e30. Should have made that clearer. I don't even think about some of the early e30's.

89m20
09-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Ceeker, the dumb move was not a move at all. I agree with your points but not the fact that this was a dumb move because if you noticed - this was a QUESTION and I sought help in support of my intentions of selling this car. I will be posting this car on all the forums but outside of this, the demographic (ie retard w/10k ..... fine choice of words btw) I am aiming for IS out there, it is just a matter of marketing. And above all, the car was not in the best shape to be taking pictures and posting for all to see. This was probably the dumb move but I will address this on the weekend and take pictures of every nook and cranny after a good wash, perhaps this will yield a more realistic opinion of the car. Lastly, I used to own a 318ti and the BEST attribute it had was its LIGHT WEIGHT because of its comparitively unsophisticated suspension. Any more weight would have destroyed this balance so I must also disagree with the desirability of the 318i (91, of course) being the least. I would rather have a tuned metric mechanic 2.1L 318i or maybe supercharged instead of the iron blocked m20 ANYDAY. Go to Germany and witness this for yourself. As a matter of fact, for whatever this car sells for, the intention is to buy a BAUR 316i and tune that to be my DD.

Vrbovsky
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
This thread is bull shit. you 89m20 came here for advice, we, the max community gave you a proper price point in which to start. You ignored our collective thought that 10k is a stupid price to ask, and then you begin to defend your ridiculous price by saying that you've done research and its worth 10k. there are people here, like ceeker, who buy 10 of these cars a year. there are also people here who could take apart and put back together an e30 blindfolded.

so my question is, why are you wasting everyone's time if you simply ignore our advice?accept it, your car is probably shit not worth more than a few k, and as for marketing?? regardless of how you market shit, at the end of the day its still shit. you were told the only desirable quality of a 4door auto sedan is a mint body... your car is not mint.

now please screw your head on straight or go elsewhere and find your "similar minded folks"

89m20
09-08-2011, 10:38 PM
ACCEPT IT! No problem Vrbovsky, the information shared was valued and will be applied here once I am ready. IT WILL NOT BE APPLIED OUTSIDE THIS FORUM, I thought I was pretty clear. The emotions shared needed to be shut down, I did. Proceed to next item. And about 'going elsewhere', I don't understand ....... everyone expressed lotsa opinions/facts and so did I ..... where did you think I belong that I should go to bruv?? One more sorry, WTF does people knowing how to dismantle these cars have to do with me trying to sell this car OUTSIDE this forum (with all the knowledgeable folks) at a high price??? Ok so let us move on dude. I am not interested in anything other than sharing information, thanks.

Vrbovsky
09-08-2011, 11:36 PM
I have difficulty reading your posts... I don't know what "bruv" is or "lotsa"... I can guess at it but I'm not sure.

My issue is that you ask opinions, don't like or otherwise disregard the opinions of people who know these cars and the market very well (those who can assemble blindfolded) then go on in lengthy post about why YOU think it should be 10k. you said yourself that the price is justifiable to "similar minded folk" well clearly that isn't us, so you may need to find those folk elsewhere.

You want to make a profit, that's fine, but you may endanger any type of sale in the long run. a potential buyer will scoff at the asking price and not even consider opening negotiations, while a moderately high price would allow a buyer to consider it as an option while protecting a decent profit for you....

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 12:27 AM
There is no other demographic that is looking for an e30 outside this forum? Who the hell goes looking for a 4 generation old bmw, other that the e30 dorks that hunt e30's on kijiji every day? $10K is a joke to every demograhic, whether educated in e30 values or not. I wouldn't even ask 10k for my mom's car, which is a sh!t tonne cleaner that your car, and it's almost exactly the same car. Comfort, grey cloth, auto, alpine, 4 door. The white Mtech vert will fetch $10k from the right buyer at the right time. I don't even know why I'm bothering with this post. You guys think you're sitting on gold mines with these sh!t boxes, but there were 6 million of these things built over 10+ years. Dime a dozen my friend. We didn't pay even pay $8k for this, and it has 112,000 right now... same car, only a hell of a lot cleaner than yours.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/e30m42cab/DSC01345.jpg

I'd love to know what you paid for that thing. Better yet, I'd love to know how much Rudy sold his for, or how much Majjic sold his for.

What is our Maxbimmer price please?

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 12:31 AM
You are right

This needs to be preserved for all of time.:D

Vrbovsky
09-09-2011, 12:59 AM
^^^ wow, very nice and mint..... rudy sold the mtech-2? wtf? i think he was aiming for 7000$-8000$ for it. But i think he had a stroker no?

btw.. are those the ronals LS you'd mentioned to me before?

Ceeker
09-09-2011, 08:14 AM
This needs to be preserved for all of time.:D

thats a clean CLEAN sedan..me likes...nice Scott. :-)

89m20
09-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Maxbimmer price coming up after detail this sat eve - I will post forum only price - I almost want to save this for another thread but here you go folks, demographically speaking

!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$20k - http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1985-E30-BMW-3-Series-European-Spec-318is-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ270576396
I mean WTF - and I am being schooled, this is crazy shite. With this logic, I could charge like $30k for a 91baur ..... anyway............see you guys soon on a new thread, this is getting a lil silly now but much appreciated knowledge (not the emotional reactions) thanks again.

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 11:55 AM
That guys is out of his effing mind as well. There's already been a thread on him a while back, and I'm talking months ago... and he still has the car. Wonder why.

Discostar
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
ACCEPT IT! No problem Vrbovsky, the information shared was valued and will be applied here once I am ready. IT WILL NOT BE APPLIED OUTSIDE THIS FORUM, I thought I was pretty clear. The emotions shared needed to be shut down, I did. Proceed to next item. And about 'going elsewhere', I don't understand ....... everyone expressed lotsa opinions/facts and so did I ..... where did you think I belong that I should go to bruv?? One more sorry, WTF does people knowing how to dismantle these cars have to do with me trying to sell this car OUTSIDE this forum (with all the knowledgeable folks) at a high price??? Ok so let us move on dude. I am not interested in anything other than sharing information, thanks.

I donít understand half of what you wrote there... But let me just say this. I think the reason your getting such a negative response with this issue is because this is starting to sound a little like a con.

You are now well informed about the cars actual ball park worth on the market, give or take (and most of us were giving you pretty optimistic estimates) yet you are still listing it for well over double that outside this forum, where there are individuals who may not know any better. Even though I doubt anyone will even give this add the time of day at that price, if someone is naive enough to purchase this car in or around your asking price, you have knowingly sold that person a car that is worth less then half of what they paid. That could be seen as a little bit of a moral issue, and I doubt that sits well with many people here. I'm sure we have all been taken for a fool by someone with an opportunistic attitude at some point in time.

So, in short, list it at whatever you want. Like I said earlier, I would be very interested to see what you actually get for a car like that. I saw your add, you have disclosed quite a bit of info there so thatís good. Everyone wants to make a little extra coin. Just not at the expense of those who are unassuming.

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 12:14 PM
^^^ wow, very nice and mint..... rudy sold the mtech-2? wtf? i think he was aiming for 7000$-8000$ for it. But i think he had a stroker no?

btw.. are those the ronals LS you'd mentioned to me before?

Yea, it has a stroker. Yup, those are the Ronal LS's I mentioned:)

Mardin
09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
What does the "old-ass Chinese Doctor" have to do with anything. Seriously.

89m20
09-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, you seem to be the first person who has actually looked at the ad and responded thereafter. Anyway, the moral issue is/would only be there if me and the car were emotionally attached and I decided to scam someone for waaaay more than its worth after I raped it / stretched every hole beyond repair / AND ALL BECAUSE I am in the hole for some money.

This is NOT THE CASE here......... as this is a virgin with 2 previous lovers who did not pay too much attention (other than the mandated trip to the dealership for that BMW 'experience' - I would shoot myself) to her.
All you guys are with seasoned porn stars willing to take it in the ass with like 4 cox at the same time - mine is still tight and although dirty, can easily be washed and made into a proper missus. This is my main selling point and unassuming or not, anyone with half a brain should understand the importance of this fact. No, frankenstein, no cracked dash, EVERYTHING STOCK (remember when you got your dirty stinkin hands on that first un modded e30 back in the day - it felt good because YOU are the first - to do every and any thing to it) - this is where the cost is justified to me and with a NATION of whoooooores, this is cinderella and she is worth it (main reason I was attracted to it to begin with), the virgin aspect is worth it to me because it gives me FULL CONTROL/KNOWLEDGE from start to finish and the confidence that allows me to sleep with no worries.

I am NOT interested in taking advantage of unsuspecting IDIOTS and I will shove the truth down their throats before we exchange, especially to avoid idiotic future transactions with them. Hence the reason for FULL DISCLOSURE in my ad, with the plan of re iterating everything until it is completely understood. Thank you for noticing and not just shooting your mouth off.

lvan
09-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds about fair to me. That looks as oldie goodie bmw to me. If they wanna live Canadian dream, let them pay for it.

bmwm5lover
09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Sounds about fair to me. That looks as oldie goodie bmw to me. If they wanna live Canadian dream, let them pay for it.

Wtf are you talking about?
Canadian dream in a 1500$ rusty 4 banger that is 20 years old?

89m20
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
yea its the idiots ............... always the idiots

lvan
09-09-2011, 01:14 PM
yea its the idiots ............... always the idiots

Sir, I beg your pardon?

racer-x
09-09-2011, 02:20 PM
So 89m20, my nice clean low mile '87 325 is now going to be 25 years old.
Does it appreciate when it hits 25 in your opinion?
Trying to follow your school of thought here.
Sounds like you need to complete all the work necessary on your car too before you post your for sale ad.

MaxBell
09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Good luck either way.

Ceeker
09-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Wtf are you talking about?
Canadian dream in a 1500$ rusty 4 banger that is 20 years old?

LOL!!!! hey!!! it's still a Canadian Dream...Don't crush it man,...hahaha...

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 04:02 PM
If that's a dream, I'm living it. Must say, I've had better dreams.

lvan
09-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I was just being goofy a bit. Btw as somone said, good luck with her. You will need it.

89m20
09-09-2011, 05:50 PM
So 89m20, my nice clean low mile '87 325 is now going to be 25 years old.
Does it appreciate when it hits 25 in your opinion?
Trying to follow your school of thought here.

*Yes, the insurance industry seems to classify them as 'antique' at 25 and mine is now a 'classic'. It is common sense type shite that if your car is verifiably low klix and in good or showroom condition after 25yrs, it should appreciate. It WILL hold value for some regardless of opinions (maybe not corvette like, but value nonetheless).

Sounds like you need to complete all the work necessary on your car too before you post your for sale ad.

Racer, the whole point of the exercise is to deliver a 'virgin', which mine is in its current state. I was contemplating just doing the belts/tensioner but then what is the point of not ddoing the whole thing in one shot. This, as you pointed out in your PM, is pointless and would open the whole 'was it done right?' scenario, so as per your advice I will not touch it to allow the new owner to ACTUALLY start from a KNOWN condition to one that is minty WITH NARY A DOUBT!. No need to ssplain patna, its all good and thank you for the input anyway!

Ceeker
09-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Racer, the whole point of the exercise is to deliver a 'virgin', which mine is in its current state. I was contemplating just doing the belts/tensioner but then what is the point of not ddoing the whole thing in one shot. This, as you pointed out in your PM, is pointless and would open the whole 'was it done right?' scenario, so as per your advice I will not touch it to allow the new owner to ACTUALLY start from a KNOWN condition to one that is minty WITH NARY A DOUBT!. No need to ssplain patna, its all good and thank you for the input anyway!

oh man!!! I gotta hand it to you for being creative??? lol

you said: I will not touch it to allow the new owner to ACTUALLY start from a KNOWN condition

what kind of BS is that??? yeah, you don't want to spend the money...nothing to do with letting the "new owner" get an opportunity to "break in the "VIRGIN"...PLEEEEASE MAN....your F**ing KILLING ME...hahahaha... I'm sorry I'm guilty too but this thread has gotta end...lol..

Yeah, what does the Chinese Doc have to do with it anyway??

89m20
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
LLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLL..............YEA time to end this but what a ride man ..... sorry just the truth ruth ....but please, time to end this folks and go to the next thread - cannot POSSIBLY top this though ............I am just waiting for the next 'this is a bullshit thread..... ' folks, its dead, its dead

jello_g
09-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Thinking of clean white e30's this one comes to mind:

1984 BMW 3-Series NO RESERVE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3-Series-NO-RESERVE-E30-318i-One-owner-5sp-AC-PW-All-docs-Window-sticker-59-000-miles-Mint-/260850203676?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cbbe23c1c)

MaxBell
09-11-2011, 11:44 AM
This is getting weird...

89m20
09-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Dead I say, dead - but on a lighter note, had a chance to clean out the car last night (it took a few hour over some Rockstar) but almost all the rust has been addressed/sanded down - next task is to use finer grit and then primer (it is in 90% invisible areas - mainly under front doors and under trunk lid) - I know it was supposed to be posted by now but I need more time to do a good job. Detailed pix coming up including the before and after of the surface rust being addressed.
BTW FOLKS this is DEAD, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MORE REPLIES - THIS IS INDEED GETTING WEIRD.............

racer-x
09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
So if I can buy this car for cheap, and mothball it for 10 years will it appreciate?
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1995-BMW-E36-M3-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ313269368

E30M42cab
09-12-2011, 12:06 AM
I can't wait for the new thread so I can crap all over that one too. There better be lots of pics of the rust on the quarter panels and rips in the interior. I wanna see the steelies without the hubcaps too. Better have a pic of the licence plate lights for good measure.

Ceeker
09-12-2011, 07:42 AM
I can't wait for the new thread so I can crap all over that one too. There better be lots of pics of the rust on the quarter panels and rips in the interior. I wanna see the steelies without the hubcaps too. Better have a pic of the licence plate lights for good measure.

Scott, you kill me.!!! gotta love it...hahaha.

Boxer2
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
This thread cracks me up:D:D:D

Vrbovsky
09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
what exactly are you planning on painting with? tremclad spray bombs????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbIJ4M37lw

E30M42cab
09-12-2011, 05:33 PM
No, he's going to use a roller. Then he's going to spray the intire undercarriage of the car with rubberized undercoating to hide all the rusty brake lines and 22 year old rubber gas lines. Unmolested, remember? Meaning that no maintenance has ever been performed.

Ceeker
09-14-2011, 08:47 AM
No, he's going to use a roller. Then he's going to spray the intire undercarriage of the car with rubberized undercoating to hide all the rusty brake lines and 22 year old rubber gas lines. Unmolested, remember? Meaning that no maintenance has ever been performed.

Come on....Scott, you should know better, that when we use a roller it has orange peel; he's probably gonna wet sand that stuff, buff/polish..then it will be ghetto pimp!!! you'll never know the diff...unmolested lol