PDA

View Full Version : 325e exhaust

E36is
08-25-2011, 01:31 PM
so yesterday driving home from work, it seems that my exhaust system lost the rubber band that holds up the exhaust to the underbody. I called up bmw, and they dont have this in stock (2 day delivery). I havent been under the car as of yet but until i get this part, what has people used to secure the exhaust? im thinking close hanger or a worm gear clamp? Also, because now that the exhaust is hanging on one side, the exhaust has gotten louder (crack in pipe?) If i do find a crack in the piping, will that bond all epoxy mixture close up the crack or will that just fall off after driving? Any feedback on this would be great, thanks.

InfiniteDice
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM
The BMW ones are the best, they are really tough. There should be two big donuts on the exhaust body, a narrower bisected one at the rear subframe, and the hangar that connects to the transmission.

You can go a few days without it, unless you have more missing.

E36is
08-25-2011, 02:48 PM
^^ hmm, on realoem it only had one thick rubber band at the midsection of the exhaust system (inbetween the catalytic and the muffler). its a 85 eta. unless there is rubber bands holding the muffler too.

InfiniteDice
08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes there are two monster-fat donuts holding the rear muffler on.