PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series E30 1990 325is feeler

Vrbovsky
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I hate to do this but... I'm thinking of selling my E30... I have been recently "promoted" and so now have to drive much much further for work. where I had been driving 6km one way I am now looking at nearly 80km one way!

I don't want to put this car through that kind of commute and I certainly don't want to drive my truck as the fuel cost would take a massive chunk out of my raise!

the car:

1990 325is
exterior has been totally refinished!
new rear quarters
new tail panel
new fenders
Paint all round (not the hood)
the body work is superb and the product of a very very skilled older gentleman who has done body work for over 30 years.

new tires Falkens on mint ronal Turbos

new bilstein sports on vogtland lowering springs
new poly shock mounts.

new rack and pinion with new inner and outer ties.

new water pump and seal as the old one was leaking.

Passed safety and e test this spring

Scorpion performance exhaust.

4:10 and 3:93 lsd included (4:10 is on the car)

loads of other improvements mods...

the Bad?

clutch slave needs to be changed... I have the part, not the time to do it.

cluster is acting funny... everything works but the speedometer kicks in and out...

whats the going rate for a clean example of an e30?

HavocSteve
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I would pay 5-6k if this is super clean like you say. GLWS and the new promotion.

nonlocal
08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Mileage?

K///Mikes
08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
*mw* soooo nice n clean! im so tempted!

E30M42cab
08-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Let's cut right to the chase here. How much for the Ronals?

defaultName
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Let's cut right to the chase here. How much for the Ronals?

Damn! Beat me to it!

2nd dibs?!?!

E30M42cab
08-22-2011, 06:37 PM
damn! Beat me to it!

2nd dibs?!?!

ha!

Vrbovsky
08-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Its got about 200,000km on it,

I really don't want to part it, and am still not sure I'm selling at all. I'm weighing all my options right now.

I'm just looking for a ballpark figure of what to expect so I can make an informed choice.

E30M42cab
08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm not saying you should part it. But if this is a feeler, I'm just letting you know that I want to feel your rims, that's all. Just getting it out there. Let me know.

Boxer2
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
For all those of you interested in the car, I have seen it in person, and can tell you that this E30 is super clean and would be a great buy with or without the ronals....

defaultName
08-23-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not saying you should part it. But if this is a feeler, I'm just letting you know that I want to feel your rims, that's all. Just getting it out there. Let me know.

You have more then enough wheels and you know these belong on my Delphin.

this E30 is super clean and would be a great buy with or without the ronals....

Here's my advice-

1. Sell Ronal's (to me of course)
2. Lower price of car
3. Sell car faster
4. WIN!

Vrbovsky
08-23-2011, 12:46 PM
For all those of you interested in the car, I have seen it in person, and can tell you that this E30 is super clean and would be a great buy with or without the ronals....

*th-up* thanx Rene!

I'd consider selling the Ronals separate if I sell the car first. I've got a set of stock rims in the garage that *could* go with the car....

But to the original question... If I decide to sell, what should I ask?

InfiniteDice
08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
If clean as mentioned, I'd say around 5-6K. I would not part a car like this, that's ridiculous. I would keep the wheels with the car, it will only make it sell faster. If you want a speedy sale then expect to get less than 5k.

jeremy
08-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Drive it to the new job.

Vrbovsky
08-23-2011, 01:50 PM
If clean as mentioned, I'd say around 5-6K. I would not part a car like this, that's ridiculous. I would keep the wheels with the car, it will only make it sell faster. If you want a speedy sale then expect to get less than 5k.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking for a quick sale at all, I've got a lot of space to store it for the winter and in the meantime I enjoy driving it. besides I might not sell it, I'm just going over numbers and options at present.

Vrbovsky
08-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Drive it to the new job.

not gonna happen. I'm in agriculture and have been put in charge of a facility about 80km away. the car is totally impractical for agriculture not to mention the kms I'd pile on the poor thing.

jeremy
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
not gonna happen. I'm in agriculture and have been put in charge of a facility about 80km away. the car is totally impractical for agriculture not to mention the kms I'd pile on the poor thing.

I will accept the agricultural job excuse...BUT, the e30 was built for km :)

GLWS

Nick_V
08-24-2011, 12:51 AM
This is exactly what I'm after (minus the Ronals). Decide on an asking price yet?

Vrbovsky
08-24-2011, 01:58 AM
This is exactly what I'm after (minus the Ronals). Decide on an asking price yet?

hows 4500$ no ronals sound?

Shock(/\)ave
08-24-2011, 02:37 AM

Sounds like you're serious about selling your car at that price. I would make that price firm if I were you as I have no doubt it'll sell quickly without you having to budge whatsoever.

Best of luck with the sale and the new job! *th-up*

Vrbovsky
08-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Sounds like you're serious about selling your car at that price. I would make that price firm if I were you as I have no doubt it'll sell quickly without you having to budge whatsoever.

Best of luck with the sale and the new job! *th-up*

LOL I was serious... I was planing on picking up that 318tds wagon posted here, which would be perfect for the long drive, but the ****er just emailed me and raised the price.

I'll still sell the e30 since my circumstances haven't changed and I need a travelling car, but my search is again starting from ****ing zero! I hate people that jack the price when they smell a sale.

E30M42cab
08-24-2011, 12:40 PM

I would say that would be fair asking price.

What is the spec on the Ronals though?

4x100
Bore?
15" x ??
ET ??
Tire size?

Nick_V
08-24-2011, 12:51 PM

Just based on your ad and Rene's word, that seems pretty fair.

jasonbaek
08-25-2011, 05:52 PM
does it have a working a/c and sport seats..? and possibly heated?? If so I'm gonna smack my head for not waiting for this and getting my 316i

defaultName
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM
does it have a working a/c and sport seats..? and possibly heated?? If so I'm gonna smack my head for not waiting for this and getting my 316i

Okay now we're getting somewhere-

defaultName buys jasonbaek's 316i (and you can even have the heated seats that are currently sitting in my garage too)

jasonbaek buys Vrbovsky's 325iS (minus the Ronal's)

E30M42cab buys Vrbovsky's Ronal's

Vrbovsky gets money

Everyone's happy! So when do we do the exchange?!?!

Vrbovsky
08-26-2011, 02:21 AM

ac was rebuilt a little over a year ago, its ice cold. And just in case you get too cold... it has heated leather sport seats... :D

Vrbovsky
08-26-2011, 02:22 AM
Okay now we're getting somewhere-

defaultName buys jasonbaek's 316i (and you can even have the heated seats that are currently sitting in my garage too)

jasonbaek buys Vrbovsky's 325iS (minus the Ronal's)

E30M42cab buys Vrbovsky's Ronal's

Vrbovsky gets money

Everyone's happy! So when do we do the exchange?!?!

No I will not be happy, but at least everyone else will be :(

Vrbovsky
08-26-2011, 02:36 AM
Here's a few quick pics of the interior.

the driver seat is showing age but there are no rips or holes anywhere.
the passenger and rear seats are mint.

I swapped in a euro clock and a button from the pre 88 stereo. I have the original obc to go with the car but the buttons are faded. The old stereo balance button does nothing but I like it anyways.

defaultName
08-26-2011, 03:56 PM
No I will not be happy, but at least everyone else will be :(

If you have the room to store it and you don't really need the money then maybe you should just hang on to it?

You have put a lot of work into the car and it sounds like you may regret selling it.

Vrbovsky
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
If you have the room to store it and you don't really need the money then maybe you should just hang on to it?

You have put a lot of work into the car and it sounds like you may regret selling it.

I got married. My wife knows I love the car more and she's trying to split us up :)

Vrbovsky
08-27-2011, 02:37 AM
I'VE DECIDED TO KEEP...

after a number of pms from other E30 nuts urging me to keep the car and reminding me of just how special a clean e30 really is... I've decided to keep the car.

I picked up an e36 328is to daily/winter drive and I will be using the truck when the 328is is impractical...

Thanks for all the interest!

Boxer2
08-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I got married. My wife knows I love the car more and she's trying to split us up :)

ain't that the truth! LOL:D