PDA

View Full Version : E30 Door Card Plastic Retaining Clips?

The Question
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know if these clips can be replaced? They are the white spade like looking clips on the back of the door cards that secure the door card in place? My neighbour is replacing his door cards with like new ones, but the new ones have multiple clips missing/broken on the back so he was wondering if they can be bought and replaced?

Looks awkward to replace though because they are on the inside of the card and pressed through to stick out. Either way, thanks in advance.

defaultName
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I am pretty sure I have seen them (or similar clips) for sale at Canadian Tire, but I could be wrong.

I'm not sure if or how they can be replaced though.

I know I have a few missing myself so I would like to know too.

Ceeker
08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
either Canadian tire or dealership. probably charge a prem dealership though.

cormier
08-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Did this last week, swapped the door cards and turns out the new cards had male clips , my old ones has female. Don't know if it's an early/late model thing or what but ended up switching them all over not that hard just be careful the nipples like to break off ...

There's a cut out on the lip that holds the clip in ( behind where you can see) pull up so one of the sides of the lip pops over the card material, then twist a half turn an the clip comes out

Didn't break any of the card

e30bmart
11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
take a flat head screw driver to change door cards. find clip and pry next to it... i only broke one inthe whole process...