PDA

View Full Version : Vert --where to store jack, towhook, lug wrench, wheel chock

talltorontoguy
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Noob question but I can't figure it out.

If you have a pic showing that would be great!

simplycars
08-17-2011, 09:02 AM
driver side of the trunk - in the "pocket"

talltorontoguy
08-18-2011, 02:23 PM
The problem was my car was missing the clip that the lug wrench clips into and the bracket that holds the jack in place. I found some pics and it all makes sense to me now!

Thanks

Ceeker
08-18-2011, 03:00 PM
you're so silly Rod. :-)

talltorontoguy
08-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah I know... brain fart.

Now if I can just find one of those lug wrench clips I'd be all set. I'm still trying to figure what goes into the slots on the passenger side of the trunk liner just to the rear of the wheel well.

TTG

E30M42cab
08-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Nothing goes on the passenger side behind the wheel well. Actually, if you pull up that section, you'll find a 20LBS chunk of iron with rubber bushings... supposedly a vibration dampener. Also good as a door stop.

You can actually get a plastic tub that fits in that spot too. They're NLA, but pop up on ebay every now and then.

Since you're messing around with your trunk, have you done a double trunk light? Have you done the large tool kit? Have you done the e32 latch?

talltorontoguy
08-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Im not talking about under the tray thingy. On the side wall above the forward edge of that area are two punch outs. One looks like a clip goes in it and secures to a corresponding hole in underlying body. About 6 inches directly above it is a second punch out but larger with a sort of "flap".

As for the questions.... on list, yes, no :-)

TTG