PDA

View Full Version : Rear creek from drivers side

K///Mikes
08-02-2011, 05:15 PM
its starting to bug me now and im just wondering if anyone has ever had this happen. There is a creek comming from the rear drivers side only when i pull off hard from a stop. my guess is because the car is not in motion and it puts more stress on everything once u take off. with that beeing said it sounds like a creeking door but only through the initial stop to starting to move. its kinda of hard to explain but thats about the best i can explain it. in the rear ive replaced: shocks, rsm's, springs, rtab's, diff bushing, axles, sway endlinks, subframe bushings. im kinda stumped at this, hellllllllp meeee. car is a 91 318i
thanx for lookin!

E30M42cab
08-03-2011, 12:12 AM
rtabs are a little sticky (binding)? Rubber or poly?

K///Mikes
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
rtabs were just replaced in hope of curing the creeking noise, there the stock rubber ones. it only happens when there is full load upon take off, i just baby it and there is no noise. its not a high pitched creek, i thought it was because of a bad axle, replaced that and still nothing:(

supernaught
08-03-2011, 11:07 PM
sounds like the only thing you havent replaced are the trailing arms themselves.

K///Mikes
08-04-2011, 06:03 PM
no i havent, they dont look bent or even rusted out, i didnt know this could be a symptom? i havent replaced my flex disk, but when doing my axle and rtabs it didnt seem to be damged, although it probably is original. n e one know if the flex disk could cause this problem?

K///Mikes
08-07-2011, 12:55 PM
i also dont kno if this pertains to the symtpom but when shifting hard, ie reving to around 5500 rpm and going into third, theres almost a clunk feel from the diff, but ive replaced the diff bushing. im running out of things to replace lol, the car runs absolutly amazing and this is the only thing i have left to sort out, if anyone lives near ajax i can give them a drive n show them, my next step it take it to my machanic n let him sort it out.

K///Mikes
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
does anyone know if u dont properly torque your subframe nuts where the bushing sits will make that kind of creeking sound? it sounds like something is trying to be pulled out of its socket lol