PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series 328i feeler

Vrbovsky
06-30-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi gang. So I picked up a 1997 328i with 290xxx on it for a racing project,

But when I informed my wife of my plans she tried to punch me in the face *thmbsdwn*

anyhow I'm thinking of selling it after owning it for less than a year.

Work done in last year.

New Bilstein sports and HR springs
New poly shock mounts
New Myle control arms and powerflex poly control arm bushings
New rack and tie rods inner and outer lemforder
New power steering hoses and resivoir
New steering knuckle and bearing
New metal impeller water pump, thermostat and metal housing
New Poly RCAB
New Breaks all round. Brembo and Pagid (i think)
New Secondary air pump and valves
New fenders (due to rust)
New nose panel (due to rust)
Good 15" stock rims and a lot of life on the tires.
Tinted windows
New mirror glass, no brown shit peeling
M3 trunk spoiler, and side skirts

the BAD....
Tin worm in all the typical e36 places, but I've got the oem replacement panels to fix the problem areas
has a 325 front bumper cover, which to me indicates there was a knock on the front end. But since I've replaced all the front metal it should be ok.
no fogs, just deletes, which blows... fog delete mod?

car is solid and pretty much everything has been seen to except the paint.
want to know what maxbimmer thinks it might be worth? I'm thinking 3500$-4000$????

.... no pictures yet, I'm too damn lazy

STEEEZ
06-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Perhaps you should stop being lazy and post some pictures if you are serious about selling ?

Vrbovsky
06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Perhaps if I were serious about selling I'd have made a for sale thread and not a feeler thread. I'm not selling yet. I'm interested in the rough value. A few pictures of a stock e36 mean nothing. I'm interested in what I should ask based on precidence and work done.

STEEEZ
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok so you are not serious about selling. From the second line in your post it sounded like you have no choice.

Either way, pictures would not only help you sell the car but would also give people an idea of the condition the car is in. That way they can help you with an accurate estimate on how much it's worth. From the kms and "tin worm" you said, I'd say it's worth $1500 tops.

Vrbovsky
06-30-2011, 05:33 PM
I said I was thinking of selling, wives are strange and emotional somtimes but its no reason to let it ruin my fun!

But after lurking for 4 years you decide to contribute to the forum, and in a constructive way too! Thanks! Your thoughts are welcome but probably not sincere. Please don't troll.

I paid 1500 for it then added much more in parts and labour new panels and a bit of paint soon. Ill add pics and a for sale thread when I'm done. I would just like to know what real forum members think a 328 is worth.

STEEEZ
06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Who would've known asking for pictures would make someone so mad.
Relax, I only tried to help. I would've been interested but your lack of class is evident through your post.

Just because I don't have a high post count doesn't mean I'm trolling nor have I contributed.

Next time do everyone a favor and post in the appropriate section (E36) to get an opinion on your car value. Pictures speak a thousand words and if you are going to reason that you are "lazy to take pictures", then be prepared for inaccurate estimates.

I'm sure I dont have to teach you everything.

Vrbovsky
06-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm not angry in the least and as for my lack of class? I said please leave me alone if you don't want to contribute sincerely. Sorry if you don't like my tone, but I find it strange that you come out of the wood work to argue with me about my car.

STEEEZ
06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Cause, post count = everything

Good luck

everlast
07-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Geez, nice back and forth. You could have taken pictures in the time it took to argue back and forth about it. I'm afraid I agree with STEEEZ.