PDA

View Full Version : 3 Series Rare 1981 320i coupe

centreman13
06-22-2011, 12:52 AM
Rare 1981 320i for sale in mint condition. Only 150,000 original km's on car. It has the following work performed on it:
1. sds standalone computer with coil pack (valued at $2800.00)
2. new ventus rss 205/60/13 R compound tires with rare bbs 13x6 rims.
3. new custom exhaust from california from header back.
4. new bmw motor sport lowering springs with new bilstein touring shocks.
5. new bmw oversize front and rear sway bars.
6. new bavarian motorsport strut bar.
7. Mint rare recaro seats.
8 Koss radio
9. Sparco corsa steering wheel.
I am probably missing a few items. This is a rare find and in great shape. A true collectable. I have a full appraisal at $7,850.00. I am looking to get $6,500.00 for the car and it will be sold certified.
I have too many vehicles so this one must go!! You can e-mail me direct, jfarkas at invision-inc dot com
Jeff
P.S. I can send more pics upon request.

craz azn
06-22-2011, 01:04 AM
This sounds like the same car that sold on CASC a month ago? http://casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18956

centreman13
06-22-2011, 01:07 AM

MarkD
06-22-2011, 02:15 AM
Looks like the same car, but that one was $1000. Here is the post mentioning that:

Re: 1981 bmw 320i w/lsd and SDS standalone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: this car must be sold. Price is now slashed to $1,000. Take it away!

This is a very nice 30 year old car. Not a rust bucket. I do not have the time or the place for it now and it does the car no good just to sit doing nothing.

Turn it into a race car, do a ground up resto on it, or simply fix what ails it and drive it around. Your choice!

Here's what it currently needs:

- it has a brand new stainless exhaust system (value $1,000) that is installed but needs to be fitted.
- the clutch is at the end of its life and will need to be replaced soon.
- the radiator is at the end of its life and needs to be record or replaced soon
- it is leaking fuel from around the fuel pump. Worst case it needs a new fuel pump, fittings, lines and hoses.

I remind people that the mileage is verified at only 150,000 kms. The body is very solid. It has the desirable factory 5 speed, BBS mags (plus 4 winters on factory wheels) and recaro seats. Wonderful to drive!

Still titled in Ontario. Car is located in the Dundas area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be a different car. *drink*

njansenv
06-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Lol. I looked at it: the PO seemed as straight forward as they come. I passed on the (1k) buy only because I'm trying to thin the herd. If I'd have known I could make $5500, maybe I would've bought it. ;)
When I looked at it, it needed the heater box reinstalled for safety, I believe...which may mean moving the SDS. The car ran great, and was largely rust free with the exception of the back panel under the tail lights.
Compared to when it sold for $1k, It appears that the tires have been added, along with some suspension goodies.

centreman13
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
You are both on the ball. I ended up paying close to $2k for the car with another set of steel wheels and blissak snows. I have spent another 5k getting the car up to standards. I repaired the following:
New rad, repaired both seats (now look like new), replaced the rear valence panel and

centreman13
06-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Oops con't, velance painted proffessionally for 1k, re/re entire exhaust that was installed incorrectly, new r compound tires, new suspension, new rad (had a leak), new fuses as gauges were not working, and a few other issues. I now have close to 7k invested into it. I will keep it u less I receive a good offer. I purchased it for my son thinking that it was a good deal but it is too nice for a daily driver and I already have a sports car.
Jeff

Bullet Ride
06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
so bitter.

At what point did you decide that it's too nice to a DD, before or after you put $5k into the car...

centreman13
06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
After I put the 5K into it!

Bullet Ride
06-22-2011, 05:58 PM
After I put the 5K into it!

I meant that I'm bitter not you lol.
I usually check CASC for sale every day, or every other day. The one week I was so busy with work that I just didn't have the motivation to check this car (which I was interested in when it was put up for sale last year) was put up again at a lower price, then reduced to a grand and sold. I would have bought this car in a second @ $1k had I seen it in time *mumble*

good luck with the sale :)

centreman13
06-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Thnx! No problem. I may end up driving it for a while. It's a great car and I fixed up most of the small details that it was missing. I just may not have the time to enjoy it and it's a great fit for my son.
Cheers,
Jeff