PDA

View Full Version : BMW Etiquette

DaveM3_09
05-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Just like the sport of Golf has some type of etiquette, I think BMW owners should have Bimmer Etiquette.. Alot of ppl in the city generally give BMW owners a label of being snobby or not good drivers..I do not think this is true for the most part..if anyone would like to add some rules, feel free.

1) Don't tailgate an M, if your not an M

2) Don't act like a mazda 3 and race to the red

3) Never.. *no-no* ever.. install hood scoops..unless the car really needs it

4) If you drive an automatic..theres no reason for you to roll back at the light

5) E30 drivers, we know ur on the road, we can hear ur exhaust leak.. fix it *mumble*

6) Being aggressive is a good thing, all bimmers can make a pass.. just dont cut anyone off

HavocSteve
05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
LOL

I don't agree with number 5, as I went straight pipe and it made the car sound alive. I wish all cars could have straight pipes.

Bullet Ride
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
So far this list is bullshit...

1) More like don't tailgate anyone, it doesn't matter what you're driving

2) ...so can I race from the red? More like don't race at all.

3) When will a BMW really need a hood scoop? Ram air for side draft carbs?

4) So you want automatic drivers to left foot brake on a hill just so they won't roll back an inch when moving from brake to gas pedal?

5) What is that? A cheap shot at E30 drivers?

6) Yeah, don't cut people off, but being aggressive is a good thing? When is being an aggressive driver on the road a good thing? Most of the assholes on the road are the overly aggressive drivers.

DaveM3_09
05-11-2011, 02:37 PM
So far this list is bullshit...

1) More like don't tailgate anyone, it doesn't matter what you're driving

2) ...so can I race from the red? More like don't race at all.

3) When will a BMW really need a hood scoop? Ram air for side draft carbs?

4) So you want automatic drivers to left foot brake on a hill just so they won't roll back an inch when moving from brake to gas pedal?

5) What is that? A cheap shot at E30 drivers?

6) Yeah, don't cut people off, but being aggressive is a good thing? When is being an aggressive driver on the road a good thing? Most of the assholes on the road are the overly aggressive drivers.

1) correct
2) correct
3) does the new e92 m3's have 2 hood scoops?
4) buy a manual car
5) yea cheap shot at its best, but i like e30's so relax bud
6) being aggressive is good, being too aggressive is bad.. thats what i meant.

DaveM3_09
05-11-2011, 02:38 PM
.. ;)

Bullet Ride
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=DaveM3_09;1500660]
3) does the new e92 m3's have 2 hood scoops?
4) buy a manual car
5) yea cheap shot at its best, but i like e30's so relax bud
QUOTE]

3) No, it has hood vents
4) You make it sound like people roll backwards on purpose to make it look like they have a manual car when they don't. Anyone who does that is a tool, but I've never really seen that before.
5) *th-up*

DaveM3_09
05-11-2011, 04:13 PM
those cobalts usually do it.. and they tail me like crazy! ...bastards

defaultName
05-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Alot of ppl in the city generally give BMW owners a label of being snobby or not good drivers..

Yes, that label is there because of people like you.

Blackedout95
05-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Only one rule in my book...

1) There is always someone or something better so stfu.

noodles101
05-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Only one rule in my book...

1) There is always someone or something better so stfu.

haha wat a g line loll

i put my thumbs up on the road to.. nicely modded bmws , classic bmws , mint bmws, or bmw drivers that look like they love bmws. *th-up*

i gave this dude thumbs up in a E36 but it was rusted, but i love E36 so i did anyway and he gave me the fingr because he thought i was making fun of his car........:confused:

DaveM3_09
05-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, that label is there because of people like you.

lets not be bravestars over the net.. *th-up*

defaultName
05-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Definition of Snob-

A person with an exaggerated respect for high social position who dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class

1) Don't tailgate an M, if your not an M

5) E30 drivers, we know ur on the road, we can hear ur exhaust leak.. fix it *mumble*

those cobalts usually do it.. and they tail me like crazy! ...bastards

You wonder why people think that people with BMW's are snobs and then you go on to insult anyone without an M, Mazda 3's, E30's, and Cobalts. Cars that you probably feel are of less value then yours, or are lower class.

Not being brave, just pointing out the obvious.

DaveM3_09
05-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Definition of Snob-

A person with an exaggerated respect for high social position who dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class

You wonder why people think that people with BMW's are snobs and then you go on to insult anyone without an M, Mazda 3's, E30's, and Cobalts. Cars that you probably feel are of less value then yours, or are lower class.

Not being brave, just pointing out the obvious.

ur taking this the wrong way bud.. have a beer, its finally nice outside!

sry if i offended u or anyone you know who has these cars.. i love e30s and all bimmers. i give respect to ppl all the time..

davericher20
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM
^^anything you say on the internet WILL be used against you.

Your posts screamed "snob"

glad you realized it was dumb and apologized.

Not to mention this is in the wrong section.

DaveM3_09
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
^^anything you say on the internet WILL be used against you.

Your posts screamed "snob"

glad you realized it was dumb and apologized.

Not to mention this is in the wrong section.

*th-up* THUMBS UP BUD

Brent
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
As an E30 and an automatic Cobalt driver, I have been deeply offended by your remarks. I do roll back on hills with my Cobalt so it looks like I'm driving a manual, but only when I have Lady Gaga blasting out of my factory stereo. I resent your insinuation that this is not cool. Nothing says cool like my 4 door silver Cobalt with factory wheel covers-the ultimate expression of individuality, manhood, and charisma.

DaveM3_09
06-29-2011, 02:10 PM
As an E30 and an automatic Cobalt driver, I have been deeply offended by your remarks. I do roll back on hills with my Cobalt so it looks like I'm driving a manual, but only when I have Lady Gaga blasting out of my factory stereo. I resent your insinuation that this is not cool. Nothing says cool like my 4 door silver Cobalt with factory wheel covers-the ultimate expression of individuality, manhood, and charisma.

fcplm

BMW BMXer
06-29-2011, 04:24 PM

Why did you single out Mazda 3 owners here?