PDA

View Full Version : ottawa/gatineau BMW technician recomendation...

The Twin
03-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Howdy all,

Does anyone have anyone to recomend as a good place to take my e34 540 at for some fairly major work? (clutch). Was going to tackle this myself, however am falling behind with work and above all family priorities.
Would much rather at this point have someone who knows what they're doing from the get go.
I have the parts, (Sachs clutch kit) sitting in my garage. Flywheel will need to be resurfaced.

I have bad experience at Autovation, so skip that.

Cheers-

Bimmer p.i.
04-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Would you mind sharing your Autovation experience? I ask because I deal with them often and recommend them so any reviews from other BMW owners who have used them is welcome and to my interest

Thanks

ScotcH
04-05-2011, 02:15 AM
I'll go with my old stand-by ... Metric Auto on Clyde. Tell Ian, Arek sent you!

bmwconnect
04-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Howdy all,

Does anyone have anyone to recomend as a good place to take my e34 540 at for some fairly major work? (clutch). Was going to tackle this myself, however am falling behind with work and above all family priorities.
Would much rather at this point have someone who knows what they're doing from the get go.
I have the parts, (Sachs clutch kit) sitting in my garage. Flywheel will need to be resurfaced.

I have bad experience at Autovation, so skip that.

Cheers-

What was the bad experience?

dannyb
04-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Kerry Burke in buckingham is pretty good and fast.
Clinique de L'Auto Importee
Kerry Burke
220 McPike
Buckingham, Quebec
Phone: (819) 281-9562

The Twin
04-06-2011, 12:39 PM
long story short, had a e30 325e imported from overseas in essentially mint condition.

not a spec of rust\dirt on the car, paid a pretty penny for it too.

had some Apex springs(remember those lol?) along with some bilsteins to install on the car, fairly straight forward job.

Lowered the car beautifully...no issues.

however, got a call the day it was ready that they went ahead and shampooed the engine. I never okay'd that.

I wouldn't of minded paying for that, however it essentially caused something to get wet\fried. The engine would no longer rev past abot 2200 rpm, would cut right out.

replaced many many parts, and never figured out what the issue was...ended up having the car sit there forever, and STILL the car could not get cured.

Had it towed to Perth to see Randy Lentz, where I got my stroker engine done, as I gave up on trying to figure out what the issue was after the engine got sprayed.

nothing wrong with the quality of the work they did persay, however deffinatly left a bad taste in my mouth after my factory m20b27 with nary 140KM's on it, had to be tossed.

never found out what the problem was.

thanks for the referals, I'll give them a shout.

cheers.

brunp
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
sad to hear of your poor experience w/ Autovation. I have taken both my cars to their shop and all my issues were always resolved. No B.S. and no work performed without my OK.

I always refer people to their shop and never once did anyone else have a bad experience.

Thanks for the notes though.
Paul