PDA

View Full Version : E39 540i parts

carjoe
03-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Any interest in these parts local before I put them on E-bay/usedottawa/kijiji?

front Zimmerman coated and x-drilled rotors
Front Akebono Ceramic pads
Tranny mounts
Motor mounts
Clutch fan
VANOS solenoid
Oil filterx3
Air filter
Chrome exhaust tip
4 spoke heated steering wheel or the sport steering wheel. Both with airbags but I have to trade the car in iwht one wheel...
Style 5's-4 with tires good for one season
Black prefacelift front bumper

chromius
03-26-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll take the oil filters if they're Mann, Mahale, or Hengst.

I take it that means the car is going?

everlast
03-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Any interest in these parts local before I put them on E-bay/usedottawa/kijiji?

front Zimmerman coated and x-drilled rotors
Front Akebono Ceramic pads
Tranny mounts
Motor mounts
Clutch fan
VANOS solenoid
Oil filterx3
Air filter
Chrome exhaust tip
4 spoke heated steering wheel or the sport steering wheel. Both with airbags but I have to trade the car in iwht one wheel...
Style 5's-4 with tires good for one season
Black prefacelift front bumper

*mumble*

bummer dude.

carjoe
03-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm effing sick of throwing money at this car only to have something else the next month. I anticipated maintenance but this is stupid.

I'm debating keeping it until the end of summer and maybe enjoy some of the shit I have in the garage but it hinges on whats going on with the car right now. It could be fuel related or it could be something stupid like a vacuum leak from when the intake was done. What I do know is that this has stopped being a pleasant journey.

Adam, I think the filters are Hengst. They just came in the last batch of parts too...

Love this car, hate this car...

Dado 540
03-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Feel you on that one.

How much for the akebonos?

chromius
03-27-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm effing sick of throwing money at this car only to have something else the next month. I anticipated maintenance but this is stupid.

I'm debating keeping it until the end of summer and maybe enjoy some of the shit I have in the garage but it hinges on whats going on with the car right now. It could be fuel related or it could be something stupid like a vacuum leak from when the intake was done. What I do know is that this has stopped being a pleasant journey.

Adam, I think the filters are Hengst. They just came in the last batch of parts too...

I feel your pain dude. I've been back and forth on my car. It's such a tough decision.

How much you want for the filters?

zarbat007
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Carjoe...

If I were you, I would fix the existing problem and give it one more chance.
No sense in trading in after all the work you got done on it.
Just one more chance!*th-up*

I was driving a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander (not mine) for about 8 days. After a week I was tired of the car, it just had no "soul". I couldn't imagine taking care and spending money on the car like to do to bimmers. I still love my BMWs even after long terms of ownership. Something to think about before you trade the car in and get something more "practical".

carjoe
03-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Zarbat, got any ideas on what's going on with my car? I'm considering the end of Summer but dammit, I cant' figure out what's wrong and I'm sick of paying a grand every time something goes on it.

Oh, as far as price, I don't know. I can't even remember what I paid for everything...I know the rotors are stupid heavy.

filters-$10 each?
Pads-$100?

chromius
03-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Cool, ya I'll take those filters for sure.

carjoe
03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Sweet. Bring your code reader...

chromius
03-28-2011, 06:39 PM
I didn't know you didn't have a reader. Ya absolutely you can use it.

zarbat007
03-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Zarbat, got any ideas on what's going on with my car? I'm considering the end of Summer but dammit, I cant' figure out what's wrong and I'm sick of paying a grand every time something goes on it.

Oh, as far as price, I don't know. I can't even remember what I paid for everything...I know the rotors are stupid heavy.

filters-$10 each?
Pads-$100?

I think one of the cats may be clogged.

See what the codes say.

EDIT:

Check out this link:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849545

carjoe
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Kick ass find. Where the heck have you been Z?

If its the cats, I might just keep the car...I found some 49 state legal Magnaflows for under $100 new. Chromius, didn't you replace the cats on your car?

everlast
03-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I replaced the cats on mine with carsound cats and they melted. If I were you, I'd research metal substrate cats which you can also get for a good price @ hottexhaust.com, shipped from canada. Carsound and magnaflow are the same, fyi.

carjoe
03-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Crap. These were Magnaflow heavy metal 99000 series from hotexhaust. 990005HM to be exact.

zarbat007
03-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I've been around.
Hope you get her fixed. Maybe you can buy Walker Universal cats and have them welded? As long as the aftermarket cat doesn't trigger the CEL.
First check to see if your cats are actually bad.

everlast
03-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Call hottexhaust, they'll know what's best.