PDA

View Full Version : WANTED:: Front Crossmember

DIRT_Racer
03-24-2011, 07:59 PM
1984 318i with 1.8L

Need the front crossmember, mine is so rotted its unbeleivable. feeling on prices for these before spending a day welding new steel on old.

Eurostyle
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
I should still have a mint one from a cabrio, check my listing for it...

craz azn
03-25-2011, 12:05 AM
IIRC, the m10 318s have a shock on the bottom of the motor, kind of like a VW, and I am not sure if that mounts onto the subframe, but if so, I doubt the newer subframes have provisions for that. Just FYI.

Eurostyle
03-25-2011, 12:25 AM
IIRC, the m10 318s have a shock on the bottom of the motor, kind of like a VW, and I am not sure if that mounts onto the subframe, but if so, I doubt the newer subframes have provisions for that. Just FYI.

From what i got, he is looking for this....not the subframe. I could be wrong tho...

craz azn
03-25-2011, 12:49 AM
Hmm. Yeah, good call, that could be rusted to shit too. In that case, is the car worth fixing lol.

DIRT_Racer
03-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Pic wont load for me and my dial up internet.
Its a dirt car project. The lower front subframe, the lower inner balljoint connects to it the rack connects to it. the motor mounts. It does have the shock mount, but Im thinking of ditching it. The subframes are tied to the sixpointcage solid. want to replace the alum brakets for steel and run the stiffest mounts I can. also need a spring for the rear, while I have you attention,. super soft like.