PDA

View Full Version : E46 sony deck problem

abrial
03-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone, I have a problem with sony deck, so i'll try to explain the whole story, i have e46 320 with sony deck everything works fine, so i decided to put it into my new 325 which has h/k sound system, deck works but whenbi want to listen cd or usb i have no sound, but fm radion works good, so i double checked every single wire everything ok and i tried another deck still expect same problem, but it works properly on 320.
Probably its because this car has h/k ?? Or i am doing something wrong?
Thanks

Sunny87
03-24-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty sure you have one wire connected wrong. If your FM works but cd/usb/aux has no sound then you most likely mismatched the wire. Double check and make sure you're using the wiring diagram legend and not matching all wires by color as that may be misleading you to think that it's been wired correctly.

abrial
03-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok, but i removed all of the wires from my another e46 and i didnt disconect them, i just unplug the jack and plug it intoy new car, so and it works fine on previous car...

Sunny87
03-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Does your harness not have any loose wires that are unused / capped? Check for the wires that are labeled AC or AUX in and see what they're plugged into (from harness to deck).