PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter Autocross Schedule

Pages : [1] 2

dble Trouble
03-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Location: All events this year will be held at the Powerade Centre in Brampton. http://www.poweradecentre.com/.

-->>Google Map Link<<-- (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=powerade+center&sll=43.548599,-79.626427&sspn=0.652948,1.454315&ie=UTF8&hq=powerade+center&hnear=&ll=43.66545,-79.705639&spn=0.019589,0.045447&z=15&iwloc=A)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/EMPOWERD/PC-map-1.jpg

Dates:

Event #1 Sunday May 15th
Event #2 Sunday June 26th
Event #3 Sunday July 10th
Event #4 Saturday August 6th
Event #5 Sunday August 21th (in conjunction with Bimmercruise '11 (http://www.bimmercruise.com/))
Event #6 Sunday September 25th
Event #7 Saturday October 15th

For those of you with a keen eye, we only have 7 event dates, but we will be hosting 8 autocrosses this year. In the points championship we will be counting the best 6 of 8 events in the points calculations! The 8 date is still to be determined or, we may turn one of the existing dates into a double header. I will be posting this asap, so look for updates soon!

Start Times:

All events start at 10am sharp. Be there at 9:15 am for registration, drivers meeting, and track walk. The most important part is the track walk as this is where you will learn the course!!

Exception: The Sunday August 21th event will start at Noon instead, so registration and so on will be at 11:15am!

Helmets are Mandatory this year for all participants, and passengers. A Snell 2000 or SA 2000 rating is what we recommend as a minimum!

Cost:

Event Prices are $40/event/participant, and you must be a member of the BMW Club of Canada or affiliate chapters. You may come out once to try it out as a non-member for a cost of $50. Membership fees are $55/year + HST which is $62.15/year. You can register at www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

If you have any further questions please contact me at John_Venditti@hotmail.com

Spectators are always welcome, the only requirement is that everyone MUST register and SIGN a WAIVER!

Thank-you, and I look forward to another awesome season with all of you!

E30M42cab
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
October 15th is a saturday.

Can members/guests still use the club helmets or have they expired?

dble Trouble
03-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Scott, yes the October event is on SATURDAY October 15th unless otherwise noted.

Club helmets are available for rent at $10/day on a first come first serve basis. There are only 12 available in various sizes so there are only 3 or 4 per size. Just an fyi.

If you're planning on doing more events then you should check out Rudy's thread about helmets, prices are very reasonable and quality is very good!

Bullet Ride
03-08-2011, 02:12 AM
All dates penciled in the calendar!. I hope the double header is before September so I can get 6 events in (because hopefully I'll be leaving for Europe for several weeks after labour day weekend *rockout*)
Should be a fun season!

richie_s999
03-08-2011, 06:33 AM
This is going to be an amazing season for both competitors and spectators, last year saw alot of new competitors, who absolutely fell in love with the sport, and are stepping it up this year with better tires, brakes Ect and will be pushing hard for the points this season.

I am really looking forward to both the Compition and comrodery that happens at the events, crazy how much you miss it over the winter months.

dble Trouble
03-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Steve, no one said anything about a double header?

Yet...........:D

DANIMAL
03-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Can't wait to get her out on the course! It feels like forever; been suffering withdraw. Should be an awesome season.

Dissembler
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Ill try to be on time this year lol.

E30M42cab
03-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Ill try to be on time this year lol.
You can come late as long as you bring me breakfast!

EMPOWERD
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Awesome. Can't wait till June (gone to Europe in May).

Bullet Ride
03-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I guess now that there's a new thread I should post it here as it's relevant to this year not last year
Does anyone know if a motorcycle helmet will have the same fit as a motorsport helmet of the same size, from the same mfg? Reason I'm asking is I found a nice SA2010 helmet on ebay, but I want to try on one of that size first before I buy it. I know bike shops carry bike helmets from the same mfg.

dble Trouble
03-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Sizing from manufacturers varies slightly. Similar to shoes. But the same manufacturer of both bike and auto helmets will be the same as they use the same scale.

SamE30e
03-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Hmmm wonder how the subaru will do. I should have coilovers by may depending on the funding situation.

richie_s999
03-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Hmmm wonder how the subaru will do. I should have coilovers by may depending on the funding situation.

I'd be more worried about buying good tires and brakes if your worried about doing well.

dble Trouble
03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
yeah Sam, Rich is right, your first investment (if you haven't already) SHOULD BE a top notch set of tires, they will do more than coilovers ever will..................

richie_s999
03-15-2011, 09:37 AM
yeah Sam, Rich is right, your first investment (if you haven't already) SHOULD BE a top notch set of tires, they will do more than coilovers ever will..................

LOL I'm right???? Must be my newly flushed tigers blood, this warlock is....

WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dble Trouble
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
^^OMFG! Another WoW loser! rofl

msix
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
^^^ actually, you are both wrong ... I have seen a car on it's roof at an Auto-X event because it had some really good tires, BUT a soft suspension.

E30M42cab
03-16-2011, 12:19 AM
^^I'm sorry, but I can only laugh! Please tell me what kind of car it was!

msix
03-16-2011, 01:04 AM
It was a Suzuki Swift which is short and tall and this added to the possibility of a roll over, but the fact still remains that it is not a good mix.

All the best tires will not help you if your car can not keep its feet on the ground or the chasis is bouncing from one side to the other.

Prepare the car so it is stable and balanced. Put on Street tires and learn (feel) what the car is doing. You can not do that if you slap on R-comps right away.

But the point is ... SAFETY!!! Like I said, I have seen one car on its roof because of this and a few cars just about digging the rims into the pavement for the same reason.

sample of good suspension travel ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61EAtO-8Ovk

look at some of the posted pictures in the 2010 Auto-x season for samples of bad suspension travel and sticky tires...

richie_s999
03-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Who said r or a comps, I would say 615's or star specs as good tires, unless your very experienced and suspension is properly upgraded r or a comps on a stock car is not good.

richie_s999
03-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Only 3 or 4 cars ran r comps last year, the modded minis, Rudy, Randy, and John and John only did after his suspension was upgraded

msix
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
unless your very experienced and suspension is properly upgraded r or a comps on a stock car is not good.

You are right here ... and that's ^^^ all I am saying.

dble Trouble
03-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Hey Klaus, If we were talking about R comps I'd agree with you to a point. But I was simply stating, a lot of the autocrossers are showing up with off brand chinese made tires or Falken 452's, Kumho 712, or Exclaim UHP's and they are all crap when it comes to performance. Obviously bought based on price. However Dunlop star specs, Bridgestone Potenza's, Eagle F1's etc are top notch street tires that perform way better than the other's mentioned and won't chunk nearly as easily as they are designed for this kind of thing. Plus the PAX factor will not be affected as they are street legal DOT tires. R comps and A comps for that matter may move you into a different PAX factor that negatively hurts your times.
So that said, tires a BIG first modification then suspension. Not to mention purchasing top notch street tires, is way less expensive than a coilover setup.

From a performance aspect, (given an experienced driver) stock car with r comps is faster than coilovers and crappy street tires. No doubt about it.

richie_s999
03-24-2011, 01:33 PM
So the first event is about 7 weeks aways, and winter is starting to retreat, so I finally got a good chance to start going over the car for maintance and possible upgrades for this season.

I have a list of things to try and get done and since we all have to disclose our mods, I was wondering who's done what or will be doing before the first event.

Myself - new shocks for all 4 corners (just noticed one front and rear are blown)
- new pads and rotors front and rear, flush Motul RBF 600
- new rear control arms (thinking GC adjustable)
- installed one of my true CAI
- losing the A/C system, don't use it/doesn't work/dead weight
- oem front mounted electric fan is out there, puller installed to replace clutch fan
-Proper rims and rubbers, Kosei K1's with Falken 615's
- other various bushings and links changing to poly or spherical.

Now what have you got in the works for your autocrosser

MarkD
03-24-2011, 01:43 PM
What was the reason that the entry fee went from $15 to $40? Do you have to pay to use the Powerade center?

dble Trouble
03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
The fee for 2010 had gone up to $20 as we were including a bbq lunch. But the fee went up to $40 this year as yes the Powerade Centre is Charging a HUGE sum to use their facility. You don't have to be a mathemetician to figure out that we need 24 participants just to break even! Lunch no longer included! It's unfortunately the only option I had with a big parking lot. I've found a couple of landlords willing to play ball for nominal fees, but the lots were s%@t in comparison. I did an unofficial poll and everyone was unanimous about the willingness to spend $40/event if they had a venue as good as this. So that was the mitigating factor for using this venue. But by all means, we are not locked in more than one event in advance, so if you know a place as good for free, or lesser amounts PLEASE let me know. But as it stands this is what we're dealing with. You have no idea how many hours I've been on the phone, emailing, web searching to find something that works. Keep in mind there are insurance and liability issues to deal with as well. Smooth pavement, and of course the willingness of landlords to put up with some skid marks in their parking lot. I'm exhausted and the season hasn't even started yet.

But and this goes out to everyone, I look at this as OUR event not my event our being all of us who participate, so my ears are always open to suggestions. Some will work, some won't, but at least lets keep the dialogue open to make this the best darned autocross and events possible! Also volunteers are always needed, and appreciated, so if you're coming to this event and your significant other, cousin, sibling, parent, adult child, friend, etc, are willing to come and help, please let me know!

Cheers,
John

MarkD
03-24-2011, 02:14 PM
No lunch? I thought you were going to say that the reason for the increase was the amazing lunch planned for 2011 cost $20 a person!

Anyway was just asking since it seemed like a big jump. Thanks for putting in all the effort it takes to run this. Now where is that guy that crashed and caused us to have to leave the SCIEX parking lot? *uzi*

richie_s999
03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
No lunch? I thought you were going to say that the reason for the increase was the amazing lunch planned for 2011 cost $20 a person!

Anyway was just asking since it seemed like a big jump. Thanks for putting in all the effort it takes to run this. Now where is that guy that crashed and caused us to have to leave the SCIEX parking lot? *uzi*

The incedents last year were not the only reason a new lot was needed, the old lot was small, and pavement was not as good, many people had disapeared from the event and those still running wanted a bigger lot to have bigger more challanging layouts, and are willing to pay a little more to get it!!

E30M42cab
03-24-2011, 07:14 PM
My current mod that I'm working on is a slipping clutch. Sam and I installed a new clutch over a year ago, and now the POS is slipping on me!! I'm not looking forward to pulling the tranny again. I don't even know if it's the clutch disc, or the pressure plate, but the thing slips at high revs. I hate this stupid car. HATE IT!

richie_s999
03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
My current mod that I'm working on is a slipping clutch. Sam and I installed a new clutch over a year ago, and now the POS is slipping on me!! I'm not looking forward to pulling the tranny again. I don't even know if it's the clutch disc, or the pressure plate, but the thing slips at high revs. I hate this stupid car. HATE IT!

Run the vert then :)

dble Trouble
03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
That's what all of that clutch kicking will get you. I bet you the pressure plate is fine and that you may have bent some of the springs......I did that to my e36 a few years ago.

Bullet Ride
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Now what have you got in the works for your autocrosser

-change T-belt and water pump
-swap out damaged rad
-clutch fan delete for electric fan
-fab up skid plate

That's the list so far. I'm sure once I give the car a good look over it'll get bigger.

dble Trouble
03-24-2011, 09:26 PM
For me it's not mods, it's maintenance, I have to finally deal with some crazy vibration coming from the rear end, new pads, rotors, and Motul brake fluid coming (fingers crossed) Need to find some money to get r comps, and summer tires as I wore both sets off at the end of last season, other than that good to go. So if anyone wants to donate some money or top notch tires to the poor John fund, I'm accepting donations! LOL. But seriously.

Bullet Ride
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
No problem John, I'll just dip into my student debt fund to make a donation....

E30M42cab
03-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Run the vert then :)
Rich, I don't want to hand your ass to you with an e30 girls car too*wave*. JK, I'd run the vert, but it doesn't deserve the same punishment that I give to the coupe. I don't need two cars on the fritz. I might run it for one event though, just to see how it does... maybe destroy your old 4.27LSD in the process, haha.

richie_s999
03-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Rich, I don't want to hand your ass to you with an e30 girls car too*wave*. JK, I'd run the vert, but it doesn't deserve the same punishment that I give to the coupe. I don't need two cars on the fritz. I might run it for one event though, just to see how it does... maybe destroy your old 4.27LSD in the process, haha.

lol that diff rocks, you should be running it in the coupe, hold on, never mind that we need to slow you down!!

Bullet Ride
03-25-2011, 01:18 AM
A few pictures in here that will give autox guys a hard on
http://butdoesitfloat.com/1142769/There-are-only-a-few-images-that-are-not-forced-to-provide-meaning
:D

E30M42cab
03-25-2011, 01:35 AM
^^Some of those look interesting, Steve. It'll be nice having another e30 out this year, even if it's only a black one!
lol that diff rocks, you should be running it in the coupe, hold on, never mind that we need to slow you down!!
Oh don't worry, I know where there's another one... so close I can touch it:)

DItalianJob
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Its been a long winter and the car needs a good power washing to get all that salt off, polishing and waxing.

I'll be changing my oil, filters, re-lubing the brakes and changing the fluid.

New mods:
Since we have moved to a large lot this year, i figure i will have to step up my efforts and go all out this year with my latest mod... MINI Challenge decals.

yes, stickers ALWAYS make me drive faster! :D

I can hardly wait Rudy!

-daniel

craz azn
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
^ Got the JCW stickers cut out yesterday to see if the file was good... turned out awesome! Working on the others today...

richie_s999
03-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Bolted the kosei's on for the weekend, car feels so much better then with the snows, cannot wait to push the car through the cones!!

richie_s999
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Hmmmm, sounds like the series winner from 2010 may not be racing this year!?!?

craz azn
04-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm, sounds like the series winner from 2010 may not be racing this year!?!?

I didn't know this was facebook that needed constant updates :rolleyes:

richie_s999
04-03-2011, 03:44 AM
Rudy

I posted this because it is disappointing to hear your not autocrossing this year. You and your cars performance is something I and other enjoy seeing at the events for many reasons. Your always willing to ride with newer racers to help them learn the course and give tips, which everyone appreciates. The times you put down are used by many to judge how their cars and driving are progressing. I only posted this after you said it yourself here on Maxbimmer, and knew nothing of it till then, and was shocked to say the least, that we are losing one of the series top dogs.*

Wish you well in which ever direction your track addiction is taking you

MarkD
04-03-2011, 11:04 AM
It's not surprising to see that Rudy may not be autocrossing this year. He's been there/done it. May as let someone else have a chance at the #1 position. Plus it's a loooonng way from his house and I'm sure it takes him well over an hour each way... It takes me over 30 minutes to get to the Powerade Center from Toronto. He'd be spending over $60 to enter now (entry fee plus gas) and I think he is still a student so not a surprise.

E30M42cab
04-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Mark, you're not going to get much sympathy for Rudy from John if you're talking about travel distance. I don't bame Rudy though... he wants to get more track time, and it's more expensive this year to auto-x. Now all Rudy needs to do is sell everything he has in the FS section, and he'll be able to make a dent in what is sure to be an expensive summer. Besides, if Dan B. is going to make it out to all the events, there's really only a battle for second place anyways.

DItalianJob
04-04-2011, 07:27 PM
you guys are making me feel bad... :confused:

i am now thinking of skipping the series thing this year... and casually showing up for the event days i can easily make. That would leave room for new blood... besides, the last 2 years, try as i may, was unable to make the required number of events to be competitive.

i also may spend more time tracking and only hit a few BMW events this year.

-daniel

dble Trouble
04-04-2011, 11:35 PM
You guys that may not show up all suck! LOL. I made the event faster, and more open, as per requests..........moved it to a premium venue as requested, and now you may not come??? BOOO, BOOO, LOL. Rudy will be there if I have to pick him up myself, hog tie him and throw him in the Trailer! Jks. And Daniel, well I'll get Scott to hog tie you in the trunk of the Mini and he'll be able to drive as if he stole it (which I guess he would have) and take you to the autocrosses this year!

E30M42cab
04-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Awe come on Daniel, I'm just saying that you kick our asses, I'm not telling you not to show up! Geeeeze, If I didn't want you to show up I would have put you into the gardrail a few weeks ago when I passed you on the 403! haha! As long as someone is giving you a good run for the money, it's all good!*th-up*

you guys are making me feel bad... :confused:

i am now thinking of skipping the series thing this year... and casually showing up for the event days i can easily make. That would leave room for new blood... besides, the last 2 years, try as i may, was unable to make the required number of events to be competitive.

i also may spend more time tracking and only hit a few BMW events this year.

-daniel

DItalianJob
04-05-2011, 09:05 PM
i'm not saying i wont show up...
Making most events and running in the series is another story.

The way i see it...
The Powerade Centre is a great spot and will allow for some challenging courses. That is why i will show up on some days....i have too much fun at these autoxs... :D

John, you have upped the antie and everything else must follow. I think to make it work and have good turn outs... results will have to be posted in a timely manor (within a few days, week at most), year end awards/trophies should be pre-organized and posted for driver incentives, and dates have to be kept or if changed given lots of warning.
Also, I think if you had more events (maybe by having 1 or 2 double hitter days) and go with best 6 out of 9 or 10 events more people would be interested in actively participating in the series because more will make the minimum 6 events. Also the point standings will be more competitive since the more events people make the higher their point standings will be... that gives incentives to make more events which is what you want.

dble Trouble
04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Duly noted. Yeah, I'll be the first to admit last year was a big eff up year! In my defense........cough, cough, I could not have predicted losing the lot we had, I was planning on a move, but not that abruptly. So, we had to move, I scrambled to find something suitable which proved to be a daunting task. Powerade Centre became available, but not on the date I needed so that was the date change. This year, barring any extenuating circumstances, all of the dates and location are locked in.

In regards to extra events, I'm not done with the calendar yet. I've only booked 7 dates as you'll notice, because that was all that was available, so to make up I've got a couple of really awesome options I'm working on and will let everyone know once I get confirmation. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon.
*wiggle*

richie_s999
04-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Double headers make for very very long days for some of us, but the extra events they provide are a nice idea.

DItalianJob
04-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Double headers make for very very long days for some of us, but the extra events they provide are a nice idea.

you can go the other way and make it the best 5 instead of 6 events.

richie_s999
04-05-2011, 10:21 PM
you can go the other way and make it the best 5 instead of 6 events.

I've got a bit more committed to the series this year, which includes helping set up and tear down events. It's about an extra 3 hours outa the day per event, but love the events and sport so it's all good.

Bullet Ride
04-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Got an SA2010 helmet ordered... I'm getting excited for some autox. Another month or so and we'll be ripping through some pylons*rockout*

richie_s999
04-15-2011, 08:53 AM
1 month!!! I don't know about everyone else but getting excited the closer the first event gets!!!

Also anyone who needs a helmet, pm me if your looking for open or closed face and what your price range is, I'm getting helmet prices over the next week, and need an idea of how many to pic up.

dble Trouble
04-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone! Yes the time is nearing and I'm getting excited my self. I'm announcing here first that The Autocross has a new supporter this year. Rebirth Motorsports will be raffling off door prizes at every event this year. Thank-you Rich and the Rebirth Motorsports team for your generous support this year!

MarkD
04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Rebirth Motorsports will be raffling off door prizes at every event this year. Thank-you Rich and the Rebirth Motorsports team for your generous support this year!

I don't need a door. Are they raffling off anything else like a new front valence? Mine got scratched up at the MDS lot.

My car is getting checked out this week so I hope to have it all ready for the autocross.

craz azn
04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
^ lol

richie_s999
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't need a door. Are they raffling off anything else like a new front valence? Mine got scratched up at the MDS lot.

My car is getting checked out this week so I hope to have it all ready for the autocross.

LOL. I'll likely be raffling off $100 worth of gift cards per event which can be used towards purchasing different parts or Motul products I am carrying.

Mark which one of the BMWs will you be running this year?

MarkD
04-19-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL. I'll likely be raffling off $100 worth of gift cards per event which can be used towards purchasing different parts or Motul products I am carrying.

Mark which one of the BMWs will you be running this year?

It looks like I'll run the black M5. A few weeks ago I had planned to buy a TC Kline coil over system for the E90 and use that at the autocross and track, but there is a good possibility that I will buy a completely built E30 track car in about 10 to 12 weeks. (that is when it should be available) So I decided if that happens, to use the M5 for autocross and E30 on the track.

Bullet Ride
04-19-2011, 03:12 PM
there is a good possibility that I will buy a completely built E30 track car in about 10 to 12 weeks. (that is when it should be available) So I decided if that happens, to use the M5 for autocross and E30 on the track.

Nice! MarkD owning an E30 = more E30 tuning goodies available :P

MarkD
04-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice! MarkD owning an E30 = more E30 tuning goodies available :P

You got that one right! *rockout*

richie_s999
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
It looks like I'll run the black M5. A few weeks ago I had planned to buy a TC Kline coil over system for the E90 and use that at the autocross and track, but there is a good possibility that I will buy a completely built E30 track car in about 10 to 12 weeks. (that is when it should be available) So I decided if that happens, to use the M5 for autocross and E30 on the track.

Vry nice, I can get you H&R products so if you want prices on coil overs for the E90 let me know!

MarkD
04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Vry nice, I can get you H&R products so if you want prices on coil overs for the E90 let me know!

If I get the E30, the E90 will stay as is. It's the wife's car to get her to work and back, after all. But if you like, email a price for some adjustable coil overs. I was planning to get the TCK double adjustable set. Then I saw the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2 and was considering those, but there are no reviews on them.
http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/street_performance_coil___over_suspension_systems_ multi_pro_r2

Can you get those? They sure look cool.

But let me see if this E30 becomes available... if so, the E90 stays as it is.

richie_s999
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
If I get the E30, the E90 will stay as is. It's the wife's car to get her to work and back, after all. But if you like, email a price for some adjustable coil overs. I was planning to get the TCK double adjustable set. Then I saw the Eibach MULTI-PRO-R2 and was considering those, but there are no reviews on them.
http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/street_performance_coil___over_suspension_systems_ multi_pro_r2

Can you get those? They sure look cool.

But let me see if this E30 becomes available... if so, the E90 stays as it is.

if you want a step up from H&R, i can get you Moton.....

MarkD
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
if you want a step up from H&R, i can get you Moton.....

I'm not made of money! Those are for rich guys.... :D

I can find that Eibach kit for around $2K USD. Moton must be over $6K

dble Trouble
04-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Mark, go BIG of go home right? LOL.

richie_s999
05-05-2011, 01:04 AM
First one's getting close, almost got all the parts to get my car ready, now just need to get them on the car!!!!

looking forward to seeing everyone out on the 15th!!

BTW, I will be raffling off $100 in gift cards for Rebirth Motorsports at EVERY event this season to those driving at the autocross!!!

Bullet Ride
05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
looks like we might have a soggy first event. slip n slide time *drink*

MarkD
05-09-2011, 03:14 PM
First one's getting close, almost got all the parts to get my car ready, now just need to get them on the car!!!!

looking forward to seeing everyone out on the 15th!!

BTW, I will be raffling off $100 in gift cards for Rebirth Motorsports at EVERY event this season to those driving at the autocross!!!

My M5 is ready, but I can't make it out to the first event. I hope to be at the next one.

damameke
05-09-2011, 06:52 PM
richie check pm
thanks

E30M42cab
05-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Oh god, I may be running the vert... or not at all for the first auto-x. Damnit.

richie_s999
05-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Oh god, I may be running the vert... or not at all for the first auto-x. Damnit.

as long as I finish my car this week, (supensions back on, drivelines in, just breaks and alignment left :) ) you have a ride at the first event, you've helped me with enough shit over the years, least I could do.

T.Dot_E30
05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm most likely in for sunday.

dble Trouble
05-11-2011, 12:05 AM
^^good to hear, see you Sunday.

I'm needing brake pads, rotors and exhaust hanger, but I'll manage a way to run come hell or high water, and no time to do this......urgh....

dble Trouble
05-11-2011, 12:08 AM

It doesn't matter what you run, as long as you run!!!

doogee
05-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Kurt is in!

richie_s999
05-11-2011, 01:45 AM
hmmm, Kurt, Trev, Myself, could be more E36's then E30's this year.....

but its all good, almost got the car back together.... cannot wait till Sunday!!!

dble Trouble
05-11-2011, 09:22 AM
LOL Richie! E30's E36's E46's E90's, E34's, E28's, E39's, E60's, E21's, and so on, or any other make doesn't matter, the more the merrier!

richie_s999
05-11-2011, 09:54 AM
:Dsarcasm and joking did not come across well in that one, seriously though I love seeing the wide range of cars that come to the autocross events, even the mini's and, heard we may have a subaru out regularly in the mix, but he said he'd be out all the time with his Miata too:P

E30M42cab
05-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Rich, I appreciate the offer. We'll make a game time decision! I'm kinda curious about how the vert will run, but I don't want to tear it apart at the same time.

See you guy there!

Kurt, can you bring the beer banner? I'm so busy...

davericher20
05-12-2011, 02:09 AM
I am in.

I will be in the Impala.

That is all.

doogee
05-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Rich, I appreciate the offer. We'll make a game time decision! I'm kinda curious about how the vert will run, but I don't want to tear it apart at the same time.

See you guy there!

Kurt, can you bring the beer banner? I'm so busy...

I will be there with the banner! *wave*

richie_s999
05-12-2011, 06:34 AM
So got the car finished, was very happy yesterday morning, not so happy yesterday night.

Will post what happened tonight after work, I'm ok, wasnt an accident, but not sure if the black car will be there Sunday, may have to run the winter beater for the first event

:(

Dissembler
05-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Got insurance on the 85 for the weekend. It is 3 different colours and looks shanty, but it works!

Cant wait :) stupid rain though...

Bullet Ride
05-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Cant wait :) stupid rain though...

It's fun to drive in, just not to stand around all day in.

T.Dot_E30
05-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Grr, if its raining alot ill just run my street tires. 615s kinda suck in the rain.

richie_s999
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
It's fun to drive in, just not to stand around all day in.

The club has 2 10x10 easy ups, I'll have one there for my booth.

If anyone else has an easy up tent it is a great thing to bring rain or shine.

Bullet Ride
05-13-2011, 01:22 PM
The club has 2 10x10 easy ups, I'll have one there for my booth.

If anyone else has an easy up tent it is a great thing to bring rain or shine.

Yeah, I should buy one of those.

dble Trouble
05-13-2011, 10:15 PM
^^great deal at Crappy Tire right now, $135 + tax for 10x10 easy up.

Yeah 615's do suck in the rain, I had them on my VW last year, not friendly in the rain for sure.

Steve's got it right, sucky to stand in the rain, but the autocross is that much better!

But.......like Richie said we'll have a lot of shelter, but please bring umbrellas for when it's time to marshall! Thanks in advance!

richie_s999
05-14-2011, 02:14 PM
See you all tomorrow!!!! :)

dble Trouble
05-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Grrrrrr, still have some paperwork to get ready for tomorrow, and change the rear pads on my car, and load the trailer, and charge the radios..............time is ticking....

richie_s999
05-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone who is racing tomorrow, if you have a 12. Volt tire pump it would be good to bring, in wet conditions you should jack the tire pressure up, this will open the treads up to channel water better and get your tires warmer faster.

E30M42cab
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Hot damn this is gunna suck! My GD cabrio is sitting outside with a GD tarp over it to keep the GD rain from dripping into the car and soaking my GD Recaro's. The GD hard top hasn't leaked a drop until today when it started leaking from both sides. The GD tarp is held on by my wipers at the front, a ratchet strap around the trunk, and elastic bands around my side mirrors. This is all the red car's fault. See you all in the morning.

craz azn
05-15-2011, 01:01 AM
^ What a trooper! :P

Have fun tomorrow guys!

T.Dot_E30
05-15-2011, 07:36 AM
^ What a trooper! :P

Have fun tomorrow guys!

Why Aren't you coming?

craz azn
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Why Aren't you coming?

I'm taking the day off :)

davericher20
05-15-2011, 05:35 PM
GDit!

E30M42cab
05-15-2011, 06:01 PM
GD it. Glad it didn't rain the whole day. Oh wait.

nonlocal
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
sniffle

Bullet Ride
05-15-2011, 11:34 PM
With the exception of standing out in the cold windy rain marshaling I had a blast today.
Thanks John.

fyi I'd be willing to pay an extra $5 every event if it meant that I got a BBQ lunch:P

jabela
05-16-2011, 12:41 AM
With the exception of standing out in the cold windy rain marshaling I had a blast today.
Thanks John.

fyi I'd be willing to pay an extra $5 every event if it meant that I got a BBQ lunch:P
Yea, it was a fun first day. Just so damn cold, wet, and windy. I think we need to find some sandbags or waterbags to hold the shelters in place.

Maybe we could just get pizza? That way John doesn't have to lug a BBQ around. We can always just take names and have some pizzas delivered for those that are interested.

John, let me know if you want me to throw the results up on the web. I can do all of the calculations as long all of the cars are classed. It would be awesome if someone had the time to create a little database and front end to enter the results and show them.

dcramer
05-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I could do the database backend, is there anyone good at front end design ?

Bullet Ride
05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I was too busy marshalling to snap any pics yesterday, we were all pretty busy helping out.... Did anyone get any pics?...specifically of my car ;)

T.Dot_E30
05-16-2011, 11:28 AM
I was too busy marshalling to snap any pics yesterday, we were all pretty busy helping out.... Did anyone get any pics?...specifically of my car ;)

I took two pictures before I decided to put my SLR back into it's bag because it was getting too wet.

I doubt anyone got any pictures, i would have liked to have a few of my car. Maybe next time.

740-iLL
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Had a blast!

dble Trouble
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Hey all, thanks for the kudos. Yeah, dealing with the BBQ was a pita to be honest. Not to mention it belongs to Richie and he loaned it to us for last year, I'm giving it back to him as he's moving into his new house in a month, so he needs it back.

That said, I will provide pop and water for the remaining events, and we'll do pizza for June. I like that idea. We'll make it a on ongoing decision making process. For July we'll see how pizza worked and either do the same or try something else.

In regards to results, I'll PAX them on Thursday, and fire them off to either Jon Abela or DCramer which ever one of you is willing to do the back/front end. Let me know what you guys think. I'm not the most computer savy so you're help is awesome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bullet Ride
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
That said, I will provide pop and water for the remaining events, and we'll do pizza for June. I like that idea. We'll make it a on ongoing decision making process. For July we'll see how pizza worked and either do the same or try something else.

Nice.

waiting for Scott to mention Donair Pizza...

E30M42cab
05-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice.

waiting for Scott to mention Donair Pizza...

Holy S**t Steve! That's an awesome idea! I wonder if they would deliver all the way from Milton?!*rockout* I could get my GF to pick them up and deliver them to us... she'd stay for lunch too, haha

Donair pizza...*mw*

nonlocal
05-17-2011, 07:18 PM
The performance dip after lunch will be precipitous if we have Donair Pizza.

But I'm all for it.

Any time.

All the time.

dble Trouble
05-18-2011, 01:58 AM
What is Donair Pizza? And why is everyone *mw* over it?

E30M42cab
05-18-2011, 02:50 AM
*mw*

richie_s999
05-18-2011, 08:47 AM
Congrats to Martin, Scott, and Igor on winning the gift cards for Rebirth Motorsports, from the raffle at the first autocross!
In total they walked away with a combined total of $100 in gift cards, which is the amount we will be raffling off at each Autocross all season!!

It was defiantly a wet, windy and cold one!! * Tires played a huge role in this one! **

Big thanks to Daniel B. for bringing sandwiches for everyone for lunch!! *

Steve, maybe you could organize the pizza at the events, it's one less thing off John's plate at the events. *

Thank you to everyone who stayed to clean up, gather the course pylons, and load all the equipment into the trailer. *Its much appreciated by the volunteer's who organize the events that everyone pitches in, I know we all pay to do the event, but that just covers lot rental, insurance, and equipment cost, thank you again for those that stayed.*

We have a bit of a stretch till the next event, having sorted out my brake and suspension issues, hope to take care of the axles and driveshaft for Junes event, and praying it's not rainy and cold!!!!

Bullet Ride
05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Steve, maybe you could organize the pizza at the events, it's one less thing off John's plate at the events.

I could look into it. A quick google search shows that there's a Pizza Pizza, Pizza Nova, Pizza Hut, and 2-4-1 pizza all within 5-10 min from the powerade center *wave*

davericher20
05-18-2011, 11:41 AM
pizza nova ftw. Unless Dawn pulls through for us.

DANIMAL
05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
MMM Donair Pizza. There is no Grecko around here though, is there?

SamE30e
05-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Did I hear someone say Donair Pizza?

nonlocal
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM
http://www.halifaxdonairandpizza.com/assets/images/1060.JPG

E30M42cab
05-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Halifax Donair and Pizza in Milton!*rockout* I planted the seed in Dawn's head last night. I'll follow up later:)

Bullet Ride
05-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Halifax Donair and Pizza in Milton!*rockout* I planted the seed in Dawn's head last night. I'll follow up later:)

I actually just looked the place up about an hour ago. I thought Donair was like a name of the owner or something... it's not lol... it's a turkish name for lamb cooked on a vertical rotating spit. I've seen this before at a greek joint where they shave meat off of to make gyros *mw*

I learned something new today :rolleyes:

E30M42cab
05-19-2011, 06:29 PM
You learn something new every day! John, you get the picture now? $20 for a large. How many do we want?

dble Trouble
05-19-2011, 11:46 PM
$20 for a large? Yikes that's really expensive. I'm not a cheapo or anything but when you're serving food for 40+ people, that will work out to 10 larges, plus drinks you're looking at $250.00. Pizza Nova although not as good for sure but the best of the fast food lot for sure, sells larges for $9 each if picked up. Just a simple basis for comparison...........I'm not a 2-4-1 or 3-4-1 fan or looking for the cheapest price fan, but $20???

Bullet Ride
05-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah $20 for a large pizza is too much. Especially because it'll be cold by the time it gets there since it's coming from 30km away.

damameke
05-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Check out Little Caesar.. $5 pizza, (dont know if it is large or medium)

richie_s999
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
As nice as fancy Pizza would be, its easier to have someone collect money from everyone who wants pizza in the morning, call in the order and pick it up locally. Also no worries about arival time, we can eat and keep runs going. The snack bar at the Powerade Center has decent food prices for those who do not want pizza.

Maybe the Donair Pizza everyone is drooling over could be the destination of a meet and cruise on another day?

Bullet Ride
05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Check out Little Caesar.. $5 pizza, (dont know if it is large or medium)

Hot-N-Ready pizzas it's like $5.75 or something for a medium peperoni pizza. A lot of pizza joints do an XL 1 topping for $10-12 though.

Bullet Ride
05-22-2011, 01:39 PM
How are the score sheets coming along? Any progress with the database?

DItalianJob
05-22-2011, 02:11 PM
yes...
whats with all this pizza talk...*sleep*

where are the autox results? i had to leave early and dont know how it finished off...

richie_s999
05-22-2011, 02:46 PM
I dont even want see the results, between bad axles and wrong tires I am righting the first event off for myself lol

Dan, did the booster pack have enough juice to get Ken's car home??

T.Dot_E30
05-22-2011, 06:37 PM
I have a picture of the raw times, pm me your email if you want them.

Bullet Ride
05-22-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a picture of the raw times, pm me your email if you want them.

Will do, however I'm more interested in what the PAX factor on my car is going to be for the season.

DItalianJob
05-22-2011, 10:12 PM
I dont even want see the results, between bad axles and wrong tires I am righting the first event off for myself lol

Dan, did the booster pack have enough juice to get Ken's car home??

it got us half way home...
i will bring it to mosport if i can get the time off for the event.

thanks

ps. ken has been away for work and his car is sitting on my driveway still.

dble Trouble
05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
^What did you guys do for the other half of the ride home, tow?

Results should be ready in 1-2 days, the first is always the hardest as I have to look up everyones tech sheets and determine the classes, once that's done I only have to input the data, which I'm getting help with from Jon. So, I'm almost there, then Jon A. will apply the factors and spreadsheet them so they could be posted. For the rest of the season it's typically just inputing data with the exception of any new entrants along the way.

DItalianJob
05-22-2011, 11:41 PM
we got spare battery from my house and drove it the rest of the way back.

dble Trouble
05-25-2011, 12:18 AM
The results after the first of 8 events are posted here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgAMmE_4jv8SdDdpTzQ4ZkRUTkhtYm1LZ044cHRCb UE&output=html

Congratulations to Scott Paterson who peddled his e30 318ic past the championship winning Mini JCW in the wet! A super remarkable and shocking performance.

craz azn
05-25-2011, 12:42 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GO SCOTT!!

E30 FTW!

I guess I better run out and buy a 318 now :D

davericher20
05-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Scott that's awesome!

Wheehoo I almost made top ten in 3,600 lbs!!!

ggracer
05-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey John
did you see my video? can you spot the wrong route i took? prob added about 3 sec to my total time eh?
Giles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjzwSAkuVpk

E30M42cab
05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
1. Be lazy and don't fix your clutch on your auto-x car.

2. Show up late and don't do the track walk.

3. Use cheap tires that are down to the wear bars.

4. Make sure it's cold and raining so no-one can use their R-comps.

5. Pick a car in HS class... how else can you make up 4 seconds? (PAX FTW)

6. Hope that Dan leaves early after only doing two or three runs.

7. No Randy, no Rudy.

8. Make sure Ken doesn't have his own car.

9. Hope to out run Jon and his consistantly fast driving.

10. Outright beat all other e30's that weigh 300LBS less than you, even if they have an engine swap (sorry Graeme), coil-overs (sorry Steve) or a driving instructor behind the wheel (John... not sorry because of the "peddled his e30 318ic" comment, haha);)

Ah, good times, too bad it'll never happen again. Thanks though guys!

Bullet Ride
05-25-2011, 08:10 PM
#1 should have been don't hit any cones lol. I would have come 3rd if I didn't hit that one cone on my last run.

And coilovers don't mean that much, your car has koni yelllows just like mine and is actually lower because of the profile of your tires, we just have different spring rates

richie_s999
05-26-2011, 12:19 AM
I believe the "peddled" comment was a complement

SamE30e
05-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't have a turbo AWD car that's too low, come and run... lol

dble Trouble
06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm waking up this thread again as it's been a large break since our first event and our second event of the season is creeping up on us Sunday June 26. So make sure you have your day booked off of work, your car ready and we'll see you there!

Also, someone needs to do something about the weather gods to make sure they keep that whacked weather we had at the first event away! LOL.

Bullet Ride
06-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, no kidding about the weather.
Are we still going to do the pizza thing?

jabela
06-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm waking up this thread again as it's been a large break since our first event and our second event of the season is creeping up on us Sunday June 26. So make sure you have your day booked off of work, your car ready and we'll see you there!

Also, someone needs to do something about the weather gods to make sure they keep that whacked weather we had at the first event away! LOL.
If it's any consolation, I got way more wet today at the montreal gp. I did get to see vettel wipe out at our corner though. The whole crowd went wild :)

E30M42cab
06-12-2011, 11:05 PM
I may or may not be attending on sunday. I've got a wedding on saturday, so I may be in rough shape by sunday morning. We'll see how it goes though.

richie_s999
06-14-2011, 07:10 AM
I may or may not be attending on sunday. I've got a wedding on saturday, so I may be in rough shape by sunday morning. We'll see how it goes though.

well you scored some good points standings in the first event, and its best 6 of 8 so you'll be fine,but it does offer some more points if your not their to the rest of us :)

if it rains I am running my snows!!!!

DItalianJob
06-14-2011, 10:28 AM

OMG what a winner... i mean wine-er. *sleep*

im out every Sat night working till 3 or 4am and get a couple hours sleep before leaving to go autoxing on Sunday... thats every event.

it feels like my eye lids are made of sand paper... *sad*
i want to rest in the car but must keep moving to stay awake... fcplm
the trick is i drive with one eye open, allowing the other to rest... :huh?:

see you Sunday!

richie_s999
06-15-2011, 09:26 AM

im out every Sat night working till 3 or 4am and get a couple hours sleep before leaving to go autoxing on Sunday... thats every event.

see you Sunday!

So you really get into that medative state where nothing but driving means anything!!

E30M42cab
06-15-2011, 06:58 PM

see you Sunday!

Yeah, but you're probably sleeping all day, and not getting drunk into the wee hours of the morning... at least I hope not! I'll be there, but I don't know when.:puke:
I'll try not to drink too much*drink*, but I won't try that hard.

DItalianJob
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
yes... medieval state... i mean medative state.
good words to describe it! *th-up*

no sleeping all day for me... im up by 8 or 9... your right about not getting drunk... that would kill me.

im long past that "getting plastered" stage... :puke:
Now I have fun and drink... dont drink to have fun... *angel*

E30M42cab
06-16-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm too old for that myself... It's just the duration of the day in general, it's all outside, it's going to be hot, it's just going to be a very long day/night, and I might have a few too many.

Also my ball joints are falling apart! haha

dble Trouble
06-19-2011, 12:13 AM
The super event on Sunday August 28th with Bimmercruise has now officially been moved to Sunday August 21st due to a scheduling conflict at the Powerade Centre. Please note the scheduling change on the calender.

Also be aware we are starting the event one hour later to facilitate the Bimmercruise group that will be on the cruise in the am and may want to participate in the autocross as well. Start time will be 11am and registration is 10am.

cheers,

John Venditti

jabela
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
FYI, there's an air compressor with good reviews on sale at Canadian Tire for $20.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=84552444332 8638&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396672077&bmUID=1308513213319

dble Trouble
06-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Hello all. Weather is looking great for Sunday so far. I'm expecting a rather large group to attend on Sunday for our 2nd event of the year. So, please everyone arrive early to facilitate registration, and be there for the track walk through so you know where to go for your first run. We will be firing the first car out of the gates promptly at 10am. If you arrive late, you will miss the track walk, and will have to register once the event is under way and may miss a run. Registration is 9am drivers meeting and track walk 9:40am.

Anyone who does not wish to participate but can volunteer, we would greatly appreciate your help. Just show up and find me, at the registration tent. :) Also, to all of the participants, if you're able to hang around after the event to help pack up, I could always use the help! Thanks in advance, and I can't wait for Sunday!

Bullet Ride
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Finally a sunny (fingers crossed) auto-x for me!

gnome
06-26-2011, 01:36 AM
Ah the memories...Maybe some more 3-wheel action like last year - I took this pic during Autox in 2010.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn129/SaberWolf122/2010%20Autox/JohnautoxApr112010_1280.jpg

:eek:

Bullet Ride
06-26-2011, 09:07 PM
The weather was definitely nicer than the first event today!
Had a blast.
Here's a clip of my best run... just ignore the part where I give the stop cone in the timing box a love tap right at the end*mumble*

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-BEwDwhtdrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

richie_s999
06-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Looked like a fun course, so pissed I missed this Sunday's race!!

richie_s999
07-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Very much looking forward to next weekends race on the 10th after missing the last event

Who's coming on the 10th?

T.Dot_E30
07-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Very much looking forward to next weekends race on the 10th after missing the last event

Crap, didn't realize the next event was so soon, I guess ill miss this one also. I'll be in Europe.

Bullet Ride
07-04-2011, 09:33 PM

*wave*
Weather is looking good again for this weekend *rockout*

E30M42cab
07-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I'll be there!!

dble Trouble
07-05-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm in...............wait a minute, I have no choice! LOL.

richie_s999
07-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm in...............wait a minute, I have no choice! LOL.

LOL

where are all the pics from the last event, I see video, but where the pics??

DItalianJob
07-05-2011, 09:30 AM
i can make it.

pic? ...and where are the results?

EMPOWERD
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Won't be there this weekend. Annual cottage bash at my friend's place. The only other place id rather be than chasing cones! Have fun guys, looks like awesome weather.

dble Trouble
07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Results should hopefully be posted tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers!

E30M42cab
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm going to have to change my status for this one to "doubtful". I've f'ed up my hamstring on my right leg playing baseball last night. It's only my 'gas' leg which is fine, if it wasn't also my 'hammer the brakes' leg. I can barely walk. ugh. FML.

richie_s999
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm going to have to change my status for this one to "doubtful". I've f'ed up my hamstring on my right leg playing baseball last night. It's only my 'gas' leg which is fine, if it wasn't also my 'hammer the brakes' leg. I can barely walk. ugh. FML.

Sorry to hear your hurt, hopefully a few days of rest and it will feel better, hope you can make it even if your not driving though !

Bullet Ride
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Got an autotragic sitting around?

davericher20
07-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Bummer dude, I'll be there in the e30 if tomorrow goes well

richie_s999
07-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Bummer dude, I'll be there in the e30 if tomorrow goes well

Can u bring the good camera, we need some action shots!!!

E30M42cab
07-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I'll swing by one way or another. Even if I bring an automatic (hey mom, can I borrow your car for a sec?) I still won't be able to hit the brakes as hard as I can.

Dave, did you put your used hoses on yet? I might do an oil change on saturday morning... do you want me to bring my old oil with me on sunday incase you need a top-up?

richie_s999
07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll swing by one way or another. Even if I bring an automatic (hey mom, can I borrow your car for a sec?) I still won't be able to hit the brakes as hard as I can.

Dave, did you put your used hoses on yet? I might do an oil change on saturday morning... do you want me to bring my old oil with me on sunday incase you need a top-up?

LEFT FOOT BRAKING Start practicing in a parking lot tonight!

E30M42cab
07-07-2011, 11:44 PM
clutch drop into reverse works every time:cool:

dble Trouble
07-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Scott that really sucks. See, I told you you're doing too much and you should focus on the hobby that matters, (automotive) and screw baseball. Now baseball screwed you! LOL. Jokes. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery. Autotragic mom's car is a great idea. You gotta play the sympathy card with your mom, it works everytime. You'll probably still spank us with it anyways!

E30M42cab
07-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, well this is the second time that baseball has screwed me in the past 3 years. Once on each leg.

My mom's car is still on steelies, so I'd have to chuck the Ronal's or Euroweaves on it, but they're all in my basement, and I sure as hell am not going to haul them up the stairs. We'll see how I feel come sunday, but like I said, I'm doubtful at best (unless you make the stop box super long, John!)

Also, no, I'm not running my mom's car... remember Steve's autotragic e30 at auto-x? Yea, you think I beat my car around?

dble Trouble
07-08-2011, 09:05 AM
If you run, I'll make the stop box super long no problem!

:)

DItalianJob
07-08-2011, 02:00 PM
ken just called me and said he cant go...

i am thinking i may skip this one.:confused:

E30M42cab
07-08-2011, 02:24 PM
ken just called me and said he cant go...

i am thinking i may skip this one.:confused:

That's too bad Dan.

Are you just not coming because Ken can't make it?

DItalianJob
07-08-2011, 06:25 PM
well its partly that im tracking every week so im getting my fixxx! *smoke*

and Ken, well he is "smack talking me" so i go to straighten him out... he pushes me to go... we are very competitive :D

-d

Bullet Ride
07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Great course lay out today, and great weather as well...
Best run of the day:
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AqFeKVitZj0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

richie_s999
07-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Absolutly Amazing course today!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all who attended!

John will be meeting up with me sometime this week, and we will be drawing the gift cards from the last 2 events, there will be 2 $50 gift cards given away from each of the last 2 events.

Steve wicked video, great last run btw!!

now where the hell are all the people who wanted a bigger lot to have faster longer runs?

The fastest run today was just under 2 minutes, the course is wicked fast and technical, just what everyone asked for, but now that we have it, those who begged for it last year aren't taking advantage of it.

richie_s999
07-10-2011, 09:51 PM
oh couple pics from today, will post more when I get them from Mr Singer!

Anyone else with pics please post them, was some great action today on the course, cannot wait to see the pics!!!

El Gato Liso
07-11-2011, 12:20 AM
ill be at the next one with my new and improved car ;)

Bullet Ride
07-11-2011, 10:17 AM
John mentioned yesterday that the results from June were posted. Anyone know where they are posted?

dble Trouble
07-11-2011, 10:26 AM
^^Right Here! LOL. Sorry forgot to pull the trigger!!!^^

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgAMmE_4jv8SdHNtd1dXUGRZZUNLb2JCRHZPekF3S 0E&output=html

cheers,

John

richie_s999
07-11-2011, 10:32 AM

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgAMmE_4jv8SdHNtd1dXUGRZZUNLb2JCRHZPekF3S 0E&output=html

cheers,

John

shoulda held out till Steve posted the pics he took!!!

jabela
07-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Definitely one of the best course layouts ever. Good job John!

Bullet Ride
07-11-2011, 02:18 PM

cheers,

John

Now I really wish I hadn't DNF'ed that 80.5 second run I had *mumble*

shoulda held out till Steve posted the pics he took!!!

Bescause we pretty much split into two groups I only got a couple pics of 3 or 4 of the cars, some of them might not even have turned out well, I'll take a look at what I got tonight. Then I left the camera mounted in my car for a couple runs as well. Martin will have a bunch of good pics, he had a sweet looking camera.

richie_s999
07-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Now I really wish I hadn't DNF'ed that 80.5 second run I had *mumble*

Bescause we pretty much split into two groups I only got a couple pics of 3 or 4 of the cars, some of them might not even have turned out well, I'll take a look at what I got tonight. Then I left the camera mounted in my car for a couple runs as well. Martin will have a bunch of good pics, he had a sweet looking camera.

He is going to email the pics so I can post them here, he should be posting them on the club site... soon I hope!!

Bullet Ride
07-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Also, I just noticed that the PAX on Dave's Impala is ridiculous, Gilles Integra has a lower PAX lol

richie_s999
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Martin's Pic's...... *th-up*

178 pics at http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/msinger74/

jabela
07-11-2011, 09:38 PM
So much body roll *thmbsdwn* Time to do some suspension mods.
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105401&stc=1&d=1310430270

gnome
07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Absolutly Amazing course today!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all who attended!

John will be meeting up with me sometime this week, and we will be drawing the gift cards from the last 2 events, there will be 2 $50 gift cards given away from each of the last 2 events.

Steve wicked video, great last run btw!!

now where the hell are all the people who wanted a bigger lot to have faster longer runs?

The fastest run today was just under 2 minutes, the course is wicked fast and technical, just what everyone asked for, but now that we have it, those who begged for it last year aren't taking advantage of it.

Thanks all, the event and run setup was over-the-top awesome. Got to test out my brand new Vanos seals, VMR wheels and new brakes. Last time I participated it was only 2 degrees in November and we were running in the dark :eek::eek:

jabela
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks all, the event and run setup was over-the-top awesome. Got to test out my brand new Vanos seals, VMR wheels and new brakes. Last time I participated it was only 2 degrees in November and we were running in the dark :eek::eek:
Your car looks great. My wife wants it for a family car :)
How is your car now with new vanos seals? Is there a noticeable difference?

Bullet Ride
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Big props to Martin for the awesome pictures!
I finally have some good quality action shots of my car...

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/msinger74/DSC_0582.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/msinger74/DSC_0488.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/msinger74/DSC_0485.jpg
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g350/msinger74/DSC_0347.jpg

You would post the one of my car just before I kissed the curb Richie lol *uzi*

Red_Rocket
07-12-2011, 12:07 AM
SICK! They have ball hockey there too! Sign me up! J/K Gnome, your car looks amazing and I'm glad your giving her the beans!! Hope to be at the next one. *Hint Hint Richie*

richie_s999
07-12-2011, 01:02 AM
SICK! They have ball hockey there too! Sign me up! J/K Gnome, your car looks amazing and I'm glad your giving her the beans!! Hope to be at the next one. *Hint Hint Richie*

Should be ready next Tuesday, sorry busy work week. :(

DANIMAL
07-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Wish I could have participated but I was 3,000kms away. Glad the weather was cooperative for the event and it looks like everyone was had a gret time; so jealous. Next one for sure!

jabela
07-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Here's a couple in car videos from last weekend. Don't mind my abrupt car inputs... it actually helps bring the car around on some hairpins.
Run 4 http://youtu.be/_HJa97pvmHk
Run 5 http://youtu.be/yXLsJPTnrpo
Unfortunately I forgot to turn off DSC on my last lap, which caused me to bog down on the start, then I hit a cone or 2 trying to turn it off :(

jabela
07-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Here's videos of others.
Gnome's E46 Touring.
http://youtu.be/ONFiItiw8Ss
http://youtu.be/iD4mXUSjT6w
Nissan 370Z
http://youtu.be/xvkkMJrcTjc
http://youtu.be/2ZoNv7B28B8
Richie's E36
http://youtu.be/bNtobB3y-5o
http://youtu.be/36k4zoIILOg
E9X 335
http://youtu.be/bEGK1usdRkM
http://youtu.be/VY0qSUtOTrg
E9X_M3
http://youtu.be/WVltQ9DRvuU

richie_s999
07-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Here's videos of others.
Gnome's E46 Touring.
Nissan 370Z
Richie's E36
E9X 335
E9X_M3

LOL My car with John driving....

craz azn
07-14-2011, 02:32 AM
LOL My car with John driving....

Richie, whats going on with your car... doesn't sound healthy in that one vid :confused:

richie_s999
07-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Richie, whats going on with your car... doesn't sound healthy in that one vid :confused:

not sure, car was running great, think John maybe had it in second, RPM's too low and bit of a bogging sound, the stock muffler mounts are tearing a bit too, maybe the hangers on the muffler tapping off something.

dble Trouble
07-14-2011, 10:06 AM
LOL, go figure, a video of me................only not in my car!

E30M42cab
07-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Damn that loooked like a nice course layout. Probably bad for me with all the straights, but still, I'm sure I could have gotten into 3rd at one point. I'm there for the next one for sure. We can't have an e90 win anymore!

doogee
07-14-2011, 01:51 PM
not sure, car was running great, think John maybe had it in second, RPM's too low and bit of a bogging sound, the stock muffler mounts are tearing a bit too, maybe the hangers on the muffler tapping off something.

It was definitely only running on 5 cylinders at the end. Might want to check your plugs and coils.

richie_s999
07-15-2011, 11:56 AM
It was definitely only running on 5 cylinders at the end. Might want to check your plugs and coils.

they have been checked, just replaced one, who ever had the car b4 me butchered the plugs, I had one back out and let go on the highway a few weeks ago, had to helicoil the head and replace the coil on the #5 cyl

all plugs and coils were checked when this happened

just gotta get the summer outa this motor, either building a new motor or looking into a euro for next summer, not sure what I am going to decide on yet.

So look like our next event is SATURDAY August 6th........

Is everyone coming out?

jabela
07-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Damn that loooked like a nice course layout. Probably bad for me with all the straights, but still, I'm sure I could have gotten into 3rd at one point. I'm there for the next one for sure. We can't have an e90 win anymore!
John said he was hitting over 110 in 3rd on the straight. I think I was hitting almost 100 at the top of 2nd gear.
Looks like I max out at 98kph in 2nd.
http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/e46_gear_ratio_calculator.htm

E30M42cab
07-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure that I could get my car up to that speed... probably not, but the 4.27 diff winds up pretty quickly, so I might have hit third. Anyways, I'll be there for the next round for sure! I can't wait! I can't believe I've only done one round this year.

richie_s999
07-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure that I could get my car up to that speed... probably not, but the 4.27 diff winds up pretty quickly, so I might have hit third. Anyways, I'll be there for the next round for sure! I can't wait! I can't believe I've only done one round this year.

I hit the top of second, 105-110 then had to hit the brakes, hit them a little hard on one run, rears locked and left a nice set of lines!

davericher20
07-15-2011, 04:23 PM
August 6th is my Jack and Jill too, so when you're done autocross come and have some food and drinks at my place in bradford!

gnome
07-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Here's videos of others.
Gnome's E46 Touring.
Nissan 370Z
Richie's E36
E9X 335
E9X_M3

Thanks, this is great.

DItalianJob
07-15-2011, 09:51 PM
John said he was hitting over 110 in 3rd on the straight. I think I was hitting almost 100 at the top of 2nd gear.
Looks like I max out at 98kph in 2nd.
http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/e46_gear_ratio_calculator.htm

100-110km/hr ! :eek:
thats too fast for a parking lot... call me a suck but i was uncomfortable last time hitting 85.

id want to be going those speeds on a track only... unless it has unlimited run off ...which you don't have there.

careful, careful

-daniel

richie_s999
07-15-2011, 09:57 PM
thats too fast for a parking lot... call me a suck but i was uncomfortable last time hitting 85.

id want to be going those speeds on a track only... unless it has unlimited run off ...which you don't have there.

careful, careful

-daniel

There was plenty of run off space off the straits and in the turns.

dble Trouble
07-16-2011, 11:19 PM

careful, careful

-daniel

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. When we were at the old lot one of the layouts allowed for runs into the 90+ range with no run off. Now we have more run off than TMP's turn 1 and most turns at Shannonville given how much space we have at this venue. I left more than 100ft run off at the end of that straight. The reason we were going so fast was it was lead by an increasing radius wide turn so speed was building well before the straight. Many who attended stated this was the best course they've seen yet and I asked many if they felt at any point with this layout if they felt it was unsafe and everyone emphatically stated it was completely safe. If I felt at any time that safety was being compromised I would have altered or out right changed the layout immediately.

Cheers,

John

DItalianJob
07-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Ah John
i know you run a safe event and is why i like going... as you know i missed that day... I just read the 110km/hr post and thought... "man that is fast"
If you can keep it safe and go that fast... *th-up*

-daniel

dble Trouble
07-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey all, A reminder the next event is a week away, and it IS ON A SATURDAY! August 6th. I've had a few people bring this up thinking it was a typo. But it is not. I couldn't get the venue on the Sunday so Saturday it IS! Same time, same place. 9am, 7575 Kennedy Rd Brampton. The Powerade Centre.

Cheers

Bullet Ride
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Results from the last event John?

dble Trouble
07-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Yikes, you guys keep the pressure on me! Soon, very soon.

jabela
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
If someone has a small laptop/netbook with a good battery, we could enter the times live and have the results almost immediately.
I have an older laptop but the battery doesn't last very long, so we would need 120V power for it.

richie_s999
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
K event is this Saturday, as its the first Saturday we are having an event since I can remember.....

Who is coming out this weekend to race?

T.Dot_E30
08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm hoping to make it, might have to leave early cus I have a wedding to attend.

richie_s999
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm hoping to make it, might have to leave early cus I have a wedding to attend.

weddings with open bars, I am sure John will accompidate squeazing in your runs so you can make it!

Who else is running this Saturday??????

jabela
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
I'll be there, hopefully the rain holds up.

richie_s999
08-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Yes saw there was a chance of rain, will see if I can get an extra Easy up just in case, if anyone has one its a great idea to bring it, either to keep dry, or have some shade on sunny ones too!!

E30M42cab
08-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I'll be there for sure. Are results up from the last one yet?

Bullet Ride
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Hopefully it stays dry for the event I have poor enough traction on dry pavement with my shitty tires....

richie_s999
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Hopefully it stays dry for the event I have poor enough traction on dry pavement with my shitty tires....

shitty tires usually give an advantage in the wet.... I may bring my snows incase it raining!!

DANIMAL
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm there for sure.

Bullet Ride
08-04-2011, 01:16 PM
shitty tires usually give an advantage in the wet.... I may bring my snows incase it raining!!

Depends on the kind of shitty. My shitty tires are old so they are hard and cracked. When it's cool and wet they perform as if they are made out of pastic.

Dissembler
08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I wont be there, can't get the time off work :(

richie_s999
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I wont be there, can't get the time off work :(

Take a sick day

dble Trouble
08-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm thinking of coming to this one, I hear it's an awesome event run by some pretty cool cats!

Mlighted
08-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I hope to make it this time. First time this season for me. I don't mind wet
surface, but it won't be nice around under heavy rain. Actually I like wet
surface, makes it more fun.

E30M42cab
08-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't think it's going to rain... I'm sure it will threaten, but I doubt it will actually come down. I hope she's a quick course again!

Bullet Ride
08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
According to the hourly forcast it's a coin toss wether it will actually rain. It might just sprinkle a little bit. Just enough to grease things up...

T.Dot_E30
08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
According to the hourly forcast it's a coin toss wether it will actually rain. It might just sprinkle a little bit. Just enough to grease things up...

Wasn't that what they said for the first autox? it rained all day.

Bullet Ride
08-05-2011, 05:50 PM
Wasn't that what they said for the first autox? it rained all day.

That was also earlier in the year. Lately there's been forecasts of rain but it's just been drying up by the time we get there. It's only calling for 1mm in the morning and a few mm in the afternoon. That's not much rain.

E30M42cab
08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Stop worrying about it. It's not going to rain! The only moisture that will hit the ground on saturday will be from John's car blowing a coolant hose. If it's a 40% chance of rain, it's an 80% chance of John's car breaking again, and I think we all know which is more likely.

Bullet Ride
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not worrying. I just don't want people to not come out because they think it's going to be all wet and soggy. We need more people to start coming out to these events!!!

Over the past several hours the chance of rain has gone down 10% by morning it will only be 20% chance *th-up*

dble Trouble
08-06-2011, 01:33 AM
That's it Steve, I'm loving your optimism! Keep it up! Rain or not, we're there and we make the best of it! Bring rain gear in case! Results are done but not posted yet as I just completed them and I need Jon to convert them for me. So I'm sure he'll get back to me by tomorrow and I'll post immediately after that. I'm really sorry about the delay, I won't bore you all with the reasons. Big surprise, Giles in his Integra took 1st place, congrats, and that awesome e90 M3 with Jim Mikell driving took 2nd. 3rd went to Jon Abela, 4th Alex in the 335, tie for 5th Steve and myself. etc.....

Great show Giles...........

See you all in a few hours.

Here's to my car not breaking,..............again!

richie_s999
08-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Looking forward to a fun day, spent half the day yesturday patching up an exhaust pipe, couldn't have broke in a worst spot. But its patched and should hold for the race till I can get it in for a new set of rear pipes.

See you all in a few hours!

Bullet Ride
08-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Another great layout today. Was fast and fun.
And best of all... it didn't even rain.

See you guys at Bimmercruise!

richie_s999
08-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Absoluty amazing event!!

Had a blast yesturday, course was challanging, had a bit of trouble with that last part right before the stop box, and totaly went the wrong way on the 3rd section one run, think Steve heard me yell when I realised I messed it up way over at the start/stop box lol

Cant wait to see the pics that Trev took, and the 2 video's from Sam's go pro, to bad he did not make it out earlier

Bullet Ride
08-07-2011, 12:33 PM
lol I definitely heard you yell Richie.

Here's a vid of one of my runs from yesterday. Wasn't my fastest one though.
<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tIPdlBjVfa4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>