PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter Autocross Schedule

Pages : 1 [2]

T.Dot_E30
08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Photos are up:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144843

jabela
08-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Here are the results from August 6, along with all of the previous results this year. Navigate with the tabs on the bottom. Best views in IE.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a104a94efc3c9852&id=A104A94EFC3C9852%21211#!/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21234

It's the first time I've done the results, so let me know if I spelled your name wrong, got you in the wrong class, or if you think I made a mistake in entering the times.
It would really be awesome if someone could bring a small laptop so we could enter times live. We'd be able to see instant results.

jabela
08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Lets see if this embedded copy works.
<iframe width="640" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!234&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

E30M42cab
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I like how there have been 4 different winners this year out of 4 races so far!

T.Dot_E30
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks for putting the times up Jon. , I can try to fix up a laptop for the remaining events, problem is battery life probably won't last the full event. I have an old one that I can fix up, but battery life ain't going to be great.

jabela
08-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Corrected Scott's name and class, which bumps him up a bit. Docs should update live.

Yea, I have an old laptop with a bad battery as well. We could probably plug it into the battery used for the timing gear. Hopefully it wouldn't drain it over the day.
Ideally we would still record on paper as a backup.
Thanks for putting the times up Jon. , I can try to fix up a laptop for the remaining events, problem is battery life probably won't last the full event. I have an old one that I can fix up, but battery life ain't going to be great.

richie_s999
08-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Trev, great pics thank you for taking the time during the races to take them.

As for computer power, the battery pack we run the timing gear from may get drained from running a laptop on, but I do have a booster pack that we can use for the timing gear, and my truch does have a power inverter, it should be at most (depends on if Lorrie is working on the event day) so between the two we should have enough juice to run a laptop.

jabela
08-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Trev, great pics thank you for taking the time during the races to take them.

As for computer power, the battery pack we run the timing gear from may get drained from running a laptop on, but I do have a booster pack that we can use for the timing gear, and my truch does have a power inverter, it should be at most (depends on if Lorrie is working on the event day) so between the two we should have enough juice to run a laptop.
I have a 12V to 120V 500W power inverter, so we could actually run it from anyone's car if we have a grounded extension cord.

dble Trouble
08-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Trevor, thank-you for the pics. They are great!

Jon, thank-you for taking care of the results, and not only that, doing them in a better format than I ever did! Everyone appreciates it a tonne. Thank-you!

John Venditti

jabela
08-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Here's the results. Let me know if there's any mistakes.
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a104a94efc3c9852&id=A104A94EFC3C9852%21211#!/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21234
<iframe width="800" height="665" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!234&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

dble Trouble
08-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Wow Jon, that is the quickest posting of results ever, live update timing was definitely a huge plus, Thanks Jon for staying on top of it. Thank-you Rich for the power pack, thank-you Trevor for the inverter, and thank-you Javier for the laptop!!!

dble Trouble
08-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm so thrilled with the turnout today and how smoothly the event went. Great, no wait, unbelievably great turnout, awesome volunteers, awesome participants, awesome day. And having Bimmercruise there as well, was a huge bonus!!!

Thank-you to everyone!

jabela
08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm so thrilled with the turnout today and how smoothly the event went. Great, no wait, unbelievably great turnout, awesome volunteers, awesome participants, awesome day. And having Bimmercruise was there as well, was a huge bonus!!!
Thank-you to everyone!
Plus you won! lol.... I would've been good for 2nd place on my last run if I didn't hit 2 cones. Anyone know which ones I hit?
It was a well run event though. Good job to everyone.

T.Dot_E30
08-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Wow Jon, that is the quickest posting of results ever, live update timing was definitely a huge plus, Thanks Jon for staying on top of it. Thank-you Rich for the power pack, thank-you Trevor for the inverter, and thank-you Javier for the laptop!!!

John, I think the inverter was Jon's. It worked well and it was a great idea to have a laptop there. Thanks again.

Bullet Ride
08-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Ok now who's got pics of all the sideways action....:P

richie_s999
08-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Ok now who's got pics of all the sideways action....:P

I second this question, should be tonnes of pics, and saw lots of video being taken as well!

Was amazing to see so many spectators watching the action, that fence line was packed 3 deep most of the event.

jabela
08-22-2011, 10:09 AM
John, I think the inverter was Jon's. It worked well and it was a great idea to have a laptop there. Thanks again.
Yup, I got it back. I'll try to remember to bring my laptop next time, but it doesn't hurt if there's a backup. Also, we'll need to make sure we have Rich's extra battery pack to keep the laptop alive.

richie_s999
08-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Yup, I got it back. I'll try to remember to bring my laptop next time, but it doesn't hurt if there's a backup. Also, we'll need to make sure we have Rich's extra battery pack to keep the laptop alive.

Shouldn't be a problem bringing the booster pack, just have to remember to keep it charged, it was fully draing by the end of the day

jabela
08-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't be a problem bringing the booster pack, just have to remember to keep it charged, it was fully drained by the end of the day
Yea, that was with Javier's low power laptop with a good battery. It's not very efficient going from 12VDC->120VAC->9VDC. I might have a 12VDC->9VDC transformer.
My laptop may last 15min on a full charge, so we'll have to make sure it stays powered. Even if most of the data is entered, I can always finish it up at home.

T.Dot_E30
08-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I didn't get too much sideway action, I think i need to bring a zoom lense to the next event. It's hard to capture anything unless I was closer to the action.

Teasers.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1581/autoxaug211038.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/7854/autoxaug211011.jpg

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5240/autoxaug211166.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3466/autoxaug211097.jpg

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2255/autoxaug211209.jpg

dble Trouble
08-22-2011, 10:53 AM
I love that picture of Dan slightly sideways and the looming sky in the background........awesome photography Trevor!

DANIMAL
08-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Trevor, great pics! Can't wait for the rest.

Bullet Ride
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Randar must have a bumch of great pics too, he was out standing by the light post for a lot of the runs.

T.Dot_E30
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
More pictures posted on my Blog:
http://www.tdott.me/2011/08/event-coverage-bmwcc-trillium-autocross.html

Don't forget to visit the photo album for alot more pictures.

E30M42cab
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Here's the results. Let me know if there's any mistakes.

There must be something wrong. It says that John Venditti won.fcplm

Congrats John! 5 different winners in the first five races! Two e30 wins this year!!*rockout* and nice to see Graeme's ride is sorted out enough to take 3rd even with a harsh PAX.

I'm predicting Jon Abela will win event #6, assuming he is present. He's (over)due!

Bullet Ride
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
More pictures posted on my Blog:
http://www.tdott.me/2011/08/event-coverage-bmwcc-trillium-autocross.html

Don't forget to visit the photo album for alot more pictures.

I appreciate the mention of my "modded" E30 *th-up*

dble Trouble
08-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the props guys, I appreciate it. But a side from 5 races and 5 different winners, we had 3 e30's in the top 3 of this event! Way to go e30 guys!!!

dble Trouble
08-22-2011, 11:49 PM
So, some of you noticed Randar out taking photos all day. He is providing me with a disc with all of the photos of everyone and some video from the day. I'll be picking it up at his place soon and I'll sort it out and let you guys know where I post them so you can have a look yourselves. It's 4 GB worth, so a lot. I also have photos from the last event as well.

DIY
08-23-2011, 12:23 AM
I had one of my buddies doin some video too, although hes in no rush to post it :mad: I'll add the youtube link when he finally does. Thanks for the awesome weekend!

dble Trouble
08-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Hey Mike it was great to meet you and a huge thank-you for all of your help! It was huge, and I would not have been ready on time if it wasn't for your help. Thank-you!

DIY
08-23-2011, 12:58 AM
No problem! I'll do it again as soon as I can, I'm hopin to make it out the the sept 4 event, although I got some shifter issues to so out recently :P ... And possibly a wheel bearing... But it was awesome talkin to you guys as I never get to talk to guys as crazy about their e30's as me. lol As soon as frosh weeks done at school ill count my pennies and join the club *th-up*

dble Trouble
08-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Hopefully the date you typed was a typo. Our next autocross is the 25th of september at the Powerade Centre. Our next event is our Performance Driving School at the Mosport Grand Prix Track. If you can participate, you should seriously consider it. If not come by and hang out, hundreds of other BMW nuts like us driving our cars on the race track. Running exercises in the skidpad, and in classroom instruction as well.

DIY
08-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Lol yah whoops I was thinking of a bunch of track days I looked into, but the first thing I'm goin to is def gonna be the school on the 10th and 11th :D

richie_s999
08-23-2011, 07:23 AM
So, some of you noticed Randar out taking photos all day. He is providing me with a disc with all of the photos of everyone and some video from the day. I'll be picking it up at his place soon and I'll sort it out and let you guys know where I post them so you can have a look yourselves. It's 4 GB worth, so a lot. I also have photos from the last event as well.

we also need all the video from the last 2 events, I think Sam has a couple video's from the last one and I saw alot of video being shot at the last one.... maybe even saw an interveiw being filmed?

jabela
08-23-2011, 10:16 AM
There must be something wrong. It says that John Venditti won.fcplm

Congrats John! 5 different winners in the first five races! Two e30 wins this year!!*rockout* and nice to see Graeme's ride is sorted out enough to take 3rd even with a harsh PAX.

I'm predicting Jon Abela will win event #6, assuming he is present. He's (over)due!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll have a chance if I can sort out tire pressures and avoid the cones.

nonlocal
08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Congrats e30 guys.

Scott, the front of your 'vert is taking on a real salt and pepper theme. Classy. :P

E30M42cab
08-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Congrats e30 guys.

Scott, the front of your 'vert is taking on a real salt and pepper theme. Classy. :P

Yeah, now look at the front of john's heap. He's sanded all the stone chips right down to bare metal, and now it's starting to rust.*th-up*

What you can't see in that pic, is the three stone chips all on the right high beam. I'm just glad the stones missed the Hella low beams.

DIY
08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, now look at the front of john's heap. He's sanded all the stone chips right down to bare metal, and now it's starting to rust.*th-up*

That's why he sanded the front of his hood? I thought it was a nice cosmetic touch. A race stripe that evolves as john drives, a 'power up bar' if you will
Lol. I thought he just had a ton of expierience points untill you said it was just rust :P

T.Dot_E30
08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
This is the only video that came out decently using my laptimer app on my iPhone. I'm eager to try this app out on a real track, the autocross course was too small for the GPS to work properly.

Excuse the swearing, this was the run where i got a little sideways
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fEjDuHe4Bg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

E30M42cab
08-23-2011, 04:10 PM
That's why he sanded the front of his hood? I thought it was a nice cosmetic touch. A race stripe that evolves as john drives, a 'power up bar' if you will
Lol. I thought he just had a ton of expierience points untill you said it was just rust :P

Speed burn from the leading edge of car.

dble Trouble
08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
^^Um, that is why I went so fast on Sunday, I removed weight. Do you know how heavy paint is?.......LOL.

Bullet Ride
08-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Lead based paint would be pretty heavy...

jabela
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
This is the only video that came out decently using my laptimer app on my iPhone. I'm eager to try this app out on a real track, the autocross course was too small for the GPS to work properly.

Excuse the swearing, this was the run where i got a little sideways
That's pretty sweet. If the GPS update rate could be increased then it could be really accurate.

On a side note, I found some heavy wear on the inside edge of my front tires. I think my FCABs are shot, causing my tires to scrub.
Any suggestions for local sources for the Powerflex urethane FCABs? Or even the Meyle HD versions?

T.Dot_E30
08-25-2011, 04:48 PM
That's pretty sweet. If the GPS update rate could be increased then it could be really accurate.

Yup, that app supports add-on GPS modules for better positioning. There are some that support upto 10Hz, the iPhone only allows 1Hz to apps. Which was bouncing around between 16-32ft accuracy.

richie_s999
08-25-2011, 05:22 PM

On a side note, I found some heavy wear on the inside edge of my front tires. I think my FCABs are shot, causing my tires to scrub.
Any suggestions for local sources for the Powerflex urethane FCABs? Or even the Meyle HD versions?

Think I saw a post that RMP has powerflex in stock, or order from Turner, lots of time b4 the next event

richie_s999
08-26-2011, 07:34 AM
something is wrong with the front end of my car and getting worst.... all signs point too........... :mad::(*mumble* front subframe.

got this funny front end wobble at 80km, steering feels weird from time to time, grinds and creaks at slow speed out drive ways and such, and hollow tapping popping sounds, oh ya, and I can tilt my motor LOL

thank god I have a month till the next event!:cool:

jabela
08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Think I saw a post that RMP has powerflex in stock, or order from Turner, lots of time b4 the next event
Thanks, will check out RMP. My rears are wearing on the side as well. That means too much toe out right? Or would too much toe in also cause that? Either way I think I need to refresh my whole suspension. I'm thinking powerflex bushings all around.
Are the urethane bushings too harsh for DD? Would I be better off with Meyle HD bushings?
Also, TC Kline SA True Match or Ground Control Street/Track.
Any opinions on either?

T.Dot_E30
08-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks, will check out RMP. My rears are wearing on the side as well. That means too much toe out right? Or would too much toe in also cause that? Either way I think I need to refresh my whole suspension. I'm thinking powerflex bushings all around.
Are the urethane bushings too harsh for DD? Would I be better off with Meyle HD bushings?
Any opinions on either?

I think for a daily i'd stick to OEM rubber bushings. Call Jay at StanceFactory, he can get you a deal on BC Racing coilovers, which can be ordered with customized spring rates. I think they also come with Camber plates.

Bullet Ride
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
John you get that DVD from Randar yet and start uploading all the pics?

dble Trouble
08-26-2011, 09:20 PM
No not yet, I've worked 40 hours in 3 days, and 60 hours this week so far, give a guy a break. I'll try tonight or tomorrow to go to his place for pick up.

Bullet Ride
08-26-2011, 10:00 PM
No not yet, I've worked 40 hours in 3 days, and 60 hours this week so far, give a guy a break. I'll try tonight or tomorrow to go to his place for pick up.

No worries John, I know your a busy guy. I was just curious.

dble Trouble
08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
I just got off of the phone with Randar and I'm picking up the disc in the mid afternoon tomorrow and should have something by the end of the weekend. The only problem will be which to post. Does anyone know of a hosting site that will allow over 1000 pictures and some minor video to be posted easily?

craz azn
08-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Any opinions on either?

TCKs SA, and DA coils utilize custom valved Konis IIRC, that alone IMO makes them leaps and bounds more superior to the GC kits which just use off the shelf stuff. I plan to get a set of TCKs for mine soon :)

doogee
08-27-2011, 04:58 AM
TCKs SA, and DA coils utilize custom valved Konis IIRC, that alone IMO makes them leaps and bounds more superior to the GC kits which just use off the shelf stuff. I plan to get a set of TCKs for mine soon :)

Also can't beat the lifetime warranty. You don't get that with the cheap chinese stuff!

T.Dot_E30
08-27-2011, 09:00 AM
I just got off of the phone with Randar and I'm picking up the disc in the mid afternoon tomorrow and should have something by the end of the weekend. The only problem will be which to post. Does anyone know of a hosting site that will allow over 1000 pictures and some minor video to be posted easily?

If I can get a copy of the disc I'll find a place for them and edit the good ones.

dble Trouble
08-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Okay Trevor, I'll make a copy and drop it off at your place on Monday if that's okay?

T.Dot_E30
08-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Okay Trevor, I'll make a copy and drop it off at your place on Monday if that's okay?

Sounds good

jabela
08-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I like using Picasa https://picasaweb.google.com/home

jabela
08-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Cool, I'm leaning towards the TCK's but haven't found a good source for them locally. Anyone know?

T.Dot_E30
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Randar's Pictures are up on the new BMWCC Trillium Facebook page. 'Like' the page to stay up-to-date on Track days, Autocross and any other club related activities.

Right now these are raw and un-edited, some came out good, ill try to get some editing done when i have time.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.159100710840000.40073.148684848548253

Let me know how facebook works, if needed i can use picsa, flickr, or something else.....but i thought this would be a good way to promote the BMWCC facebook page and give BMWCC members a place to get club info.

Bullet Ride
09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Randar's Pictures are up on the new BMWCC Trillium Facebook page. 'Like' the page to stay up-to-date on Track days, Autocross and any other club related activities.

Right now these are raw and un-edited, some came out good, ill try to get some editing done when i have time.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.159100710840000.40073.148684848548253

Let me know how facebook works, if needed i can use picsa, flickr, or something else.....but i thought this would be a good way to promote the BMWCC facebook page and give BMWCC members a place to get club info.

Those are all his pictures? ... no pics of my car *mumble*

richie_s999
09-01-2011, 04:01 PM

none of mine either.....

T.Dot_E30
09-01-2011, 04:32 PM

Yup those are all the pictures that were on the DVD, all 191 of them. There were a few videos, i haven't gotten to post those, it will take a while to upload as they are huge files.

dble Trouble
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
If there were no pictures of your car, then there was video instead. So just be patient! Randar either photo'd every car or took video, if there's no photos then there's video.

T.Dot_E30
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Ok I'll try to get some of the videos up tomorrow.

doogee
09-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Cool, I'm leaning towards the TCK's but haven't found a good source for them locally. Anyone know?

Unfortunately you can't buy them locally. I ordered mine from Arek from 8legsracing. Send him a PM, his name is Scotch on the forum.

T.Dot_E30
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
These videos take forever to upload, over an hour for this first one.

This is one of Randy's run, the one where he got lost...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qkiA3n7e20Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jabela
09-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately you can't buy them locally. I ordered mine from Arek from 8legsracing. Send him a PM, his name is Scotch on the forum.
Thanks, I'll give him a shout.

These videos take forever to upload, over an hour for this first one.
I usually edit and compress the video to H.264 before uploading to save time/bandwidth. Avidemux is good.
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

T.Dot_E30
09-02-2011, 05:36 PM
I usually edit and compress the video to H.264 before uploading to save time/bandwidth. Avidemux is good.
http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

I'll check it out, thanks.

One of John's run

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NjNZZmVfnls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One more, not sure who this is:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C5Rb3ybkMIk?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bullet Ride
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Second video is Randar's brother in his Mini S

dble Trouble
09-02-2011, 10:11 PM
You're right it's Tarvo, Randar's brother.

dble Trouble
09-02-2011, 10:14 PM
The one with Randy getting lost is awesome, as you can hear him yelling through his helmet out of the car, accross a parking lot and the camera still picked it up. I believe his words were: "^&#$^@*%^*$%^*$%@#^#$%!!!!!!!" LOL.

dble Trouble
09-23-2011, 09:12 AM
The next autocross which is the 6th of the season is this Sunday September 25th. Registration is at 9am, first car is away at 10am. This leaves plenty of time for drivers meeting, track walk, registration, car prep and breakfast! :)

See you all there!

richie_s999
09-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Alright so got the draws done last night for the last 4 events......

The following racers all have won a $50 gift card for new parts or Motul products from Rebirth Motorsports!!!!

from the June 26th event...

Ken Algor
Dave Ritcher

from the July 10th event...

Lyndon Handy
Giles Gallie

from the Aug 6th event....

Randy Sparre
John Vendetti

From the Aug 21st event....

Ray Manguino
Dan Janssen

I'll have the gift cards at the Sept 25th event, each winner gets a $50 gift card good till the end of 2012 for New Parts and Motul Products from Rebirth Motorsports, congrates to the winners!!!

dble Trouble
09-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Alright! Top notch! i won something! Thanks Rich! I'm trying to think of something else to say so I could use another exclamation point! What the hell I used one anyway! Oops there's another!

dble Trouble
09-24-2011, 12:55 AM
Congratulations to all of the other winners. Rich has some awesome parts for awesome prices. Most have found there way into or onto my car already. I'm gunning for some more Motul products now!

jabela
09-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Preliminary results. Waiting on some classifications back from John. Good job to the Hyundai and Hondas.
If you see any mistakes (spelling, times, classifications, etc) let me know. Cheers.
https://skydrive.live.com/P.mvc#!/view.aspx/Public%20Docs/Autocross2011.xlsx?cid=a104a94efc3c9852&sc=documents
<iframe width="640" height="665" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!234&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

E30M42cab
09-26-2011, 07:16 PM
See Jon, I told you you'd finish first (in DS class)!!! You've got me on there having a fifth run, but I only did four runs and called it quits. Just want to make sure my so-called 5th run time wasn't supposed to be someone else's.

I was on the stop box when the red Genesis went for his last run, and you could tell he'd nailed it. Pretty good for having 3 DNF's previously. Also, this was my worst placing ever at a trillium auto-x. I feel abused and ashamed.

John V, we're going to need an update on your car soon. Hope you made it home.

BTW, should I start a LF thread... looking for new timing gear?

E30M42cab
09-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Genesis Coupe should be in FS, no?

DIY
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Next time :mad: Next time! ..... it wont take so dam long for me to put in a good time fcplm lol just need to burn more fuel till the next event *rockout*

lol and whats new with your motor these days john?

EMPOWERD
09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
The guys in 1st & 2nd place are not classed properly (realize there's a question mark there). Sam's Civic has a TypeR conversion and the Genesis is definitely NOT stock.
Jon, can you repost them once you've done the appropriate changes?

I see Kevin ended up beating me by 0.130sec. Too bad the timer wasn't working to confirm that (vs. human reaction time on stop-watch). *sad*

craz azn
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
What happened to the timing gear?

dble Trouble
09-27-2011, 12:07 AM
^The usual bull#%^t. I'm gunning to have new timing gear for next event. I've had it with the old s#!t. Still, stopwatch was very accurate. It would not have changed the results.

gnome
09-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Lets see if this embedded copy works.
<iframe width="640" height="500" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!234&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

For the July 10th run my PAX factor looks way off, .839, 2nd highest to the E90 M3! I don't have turbos, an LSD, 355mm rotors or even close to the same HP. What the heck...? Also that day I was sitting around in the top 40 percentile where I usually fit - thought I had a faster run that day by 10s or so. Something to look into for next time then the Munchenvagen rolls out (when family events settle down).

richie_s999
09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Was looking at the Pax and thinking I got paxed harder in the CTS then a genisis? thought I may change class on this event with the car.

Gnome, you may be up on PAX due to the mods done to your car.

And why are those honda's PAX'ed so lightly, LOL

EMPOWERD
09-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Still, stopwatch was very accurate. It would not have changed the results.

Couldn't be further from the truth. John, do you know how fast 0.130sec is? It's not 0.890sec. Trust me when I say the timing gear would make ALL the difference when it comes to 13-hundreds of a sec. I know you like to argue every point, but you have no weight with this one.

T.Dot_E30
09-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I say someone should talk to the club , this gives a very bad impression of our events, especially since this was the biggest turn out of the year with alot of new people. I'm sure it gave a bad impression on them, who might not return to the next ones due to the crappy timing gear. (It's in no way John's or anyone else's fault, no one is to blame, nor am I trying to, just trying to fix it and avoid it).

I know it's hard and we're probably already losing money on most events, but some sort of gesture from the club to make up for it would be nice, 1/2 price next event, extended membership, something....otherwise i'm sure alot of the new people aren't going to return. The regulars i'm sure don't care as much, even if it was only for the people whose first event it was, atleast you'd have a better chance of getting them to come back.

Im pretty sure we wont have as much people out at the next event, because people weren't too happy about the timing gear, it also makes the club look bad / unprofessional IMO.

dble Trouble
09-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't like to argue every point...............lol. But seriously I know how fast that is. I'm very optomistic, and I like to keep a positive attitude. Every effort was made to make it as fair as possible. The timer was placed right in line with the start stop cone for example. But Randy lets look at it from the other aspect, what if the gap between you and Kevin was larger? Argument fllies both ways.

dble Trouble
09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
I say someone should talk to the club , this gives a very bad impression of our events, especially since this was the biggest turn out of the year with alot of new people. I'm sure it gave a bad impression on them, who might not return to the next ones due to the crappy timing gear. (It's in no way John's or anyone else's fault, no one is to blame, nor am I trying to, just trying to fix it and avoid it).

I know it's hard and we're probably already losing money on most events, but some sort of gesture from the club to make up for it would be nice, 1/2 price next event, extended membership, something....otherwise i'm sure alot of the new people aren't going to return. The regulars i'm sure don't care as much, even if it was only for the people whose first event it was, atleast you'd have a better chance of getting them to come back.

Im pretty sure we wont have as much people out at the next event, because people weren't too happy about the timing gear, it also makes the club look bad / unprofessional IMO.

You are 100% right and I've already contacted the treasurer to see what if anything we can do to get new equipment for next event. Kevin took the old timing gear and is trying a fix as well. If it works and we get new equipment, then we'll have back up. At least it won't be in vain.

T.Dot_E30
09-27-2011, 09:59 AM
You are 100% right and I've already contacted the treasurer to see what if anything we can do to get new equipment for next event. Kevin took the old timing gear and is trying a fix as well. If it works and we get new equipment, then we'll have back up. At least it won't be in vain.

Awesome! *th-up* If you need backup, or us to file any types of complaints, let us know, you have our support.

dble Trouble
09-27-2011, 10:08 AM
I haven't got a response yet, but I'll spread the word either way when I get it. They knew this was coming, but since purse strings were tight were holding on until something like this happened. So I'm fully expecting a go ahead. But we'll see.

E30M42cab
09-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Since we're on the topic of timing gear, we should thank John's wife and Graeme's GF for "being" the timing gear to at least salvage the day.

T.Dot_E30
09-27-2011, 05:43 PM
Photos are up and added to my blog!

http://www.tdott.me/2011/09/event-coverage-bmwcc-trillium-autocross.html
http://just.razzi.me/photos/183944/6f975b7.jpg (http://razzi.me/p/183944)

jabela
09-28-2011, 03:15 AM
For the July 10th run my PAX factor looks way off, .839
Yup, that was a typo. You're definitely in DS. Corrected.

The guys in 1st & 2nd place are not classed properly (realize there's a question mark there). Sam's Civic has a TypeR conversion and the Genesis is definitely NOT stock.
Updated Civic to Type R.
Was told Genesis 2.0T only had intake, though the wastegate sounded like it was over boosted.
Still waiting on classifications from John.

Genesis Coupe should be in FS, no? Genesis V6 is FS.
I've been using this document http://www.scca.com/documents/2011%20Tech/2011%20stock%20listings.pdf
I'm surprised the 2.0T is not in DS. It has 230hp and 260ft/lbs (after adjusting for drivetrain losses)
http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2009/03/inside-line-dyno-test-2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-20t.html?mktcat=affiliates&kw=flexibletexttool&AID=10364102&mktid=cj260233&PID=3865112
The crazy thing is that a BMW 135i would be in DS. That would do very well, especially lightly modded.
You've got me on there having a fifth run, but I only did four runs and called it quits. Just want to make sure my so-called 5th run time wasn't supposed to be someone else's.
Hmm.. David Bic (2002 M3) is above you and he doesn't have a 5th run listed. Maybe it was put in your box? Hopefully he can pipe up and confirm that he did do a 5th run. It would be his best run by far.

Bullet Ride
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
looks like I missed an event with great weather and a great turnout
I miss my car :(

T.Dot_E30
09-29-2011, 01:01 PM
looks like I missed an event with great weather and a great turnout
I miss my car :(

What happened? Back to school?

Bullet Ride
09-29-2011, 06:03 PM
I've been in Italy for the past 3 weeks.... yeah I know, poor me right? lol
I still miss my car though.

DIY
09-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I know the feeling, every time I see a road on a vacation all I think about is, this would be so much better if I had my car :P... Just goto monza during a track day and suffer lol

E30M42cab
09-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Hmm.. David Bic (2002 M3) is above you and he doesn't have a 5th run listed. Maybe it was put in your box? Hopefully he can pipe up and confirm that he did do a 5th run. It would be his best run by far.

I'm guessing it would have been his quickest run?

Bullet Ride
09-29-2011, 07:59 PM
I know the feeling, every time I see a road on a vacation all I think about is, this would be so much better if I had my car :P... Just goto monza during a track day and suffer lol

tell me about it, today i was up in the mountains and every time we were on the road all i could think was... i wish i had my car. last week i was in tuscany... there's some epic rally tarmac roads there....

Saucy16
10-06-2011, 07:00 PM
hoping to make it out to next event as well as the few honda guys. had loads of fun. im the one who drives the red gen everyone seems to be complaining about lol
just to clear things up, the car is for the most part stock..only mods are intake, catless down pipe, and i gave the front end a little more negative camber. i am not over boosting no reflash no custom tune nothing. and i wish i made 230whp and 260wtq lol. to the wheels im lucky if im hitting 200whp.
regardless had loads of fun met some cool guys hope to come out again and have some fun :)
assuming i can get the day off work...agh..

jabela
10-06-2011, 07:35 PM
hoping to make it out to next event as well as the few honda guys. had loads of fun. im the one who drives the red gen everyone seems to be complaining about lol
just to clear things up, the car is for the most part stock..only mods are intake, catless down pipe, and i gave the front end a little more negative camber. i am not over boosting no reflash no custom tune nothing. and i wish i made 230whp and 260wtq lol. to the wheels im lucky if im hitting 200whp.
regardless had loads of fun met some cool guys hope to come out again and have some fun :)
I think everyone is just surprised that your car is in GS and not DS, but that's how the SCCA class the 2.0T. I bet it's faster than the FS classed V6 Genesis Coupe around an autox course. The 300+hp 335 is in DS this year but it used to be in FS. Sucks to be me in an old 187hp 325 :( I think it may come down to the US autox's having massive parking lots with much bigger/faster courses.
I think you should be okay with those mods, though I'm not sure about the catless downpipes. We'll have to see what John comes back with the classing.
Anyhow, you obviously drove pretty well, so congrats on that. Even in DS class you would have won. I think everyone assumed you were boosted because you can really hear the blowoff with your intake.
The separate issue is that the timing probably had an error of +/- 1 second which sucks because a lot of us were within 1-2 seconds of other competitors. Oh well, hopefully we have new functioning hardware for the next event.
The timing error is like having variable rain. It's just luck of the draw and we were all subject to it.
Hopefully we do see you at the next event.

E30M42cab
10-06-2011, 07:52 PM

I was watching you run from the stop box for 3 of your 5 runs, and I watched your last run in it's entirety, and I could tell you nailed that run. When you pulled into the stop box, I said "daaaaaamn" :eek: and kinda shook my head to myself, because that was a bad-ass run your threw together! Nice work! Hope to see you guys out again!

DItalianJob
10-06-2011, 09:05 PM
just to clear things up, the car is for the most part stock..only mods are intake, catless down pipe, and i gave the front end a little more negative camber.

Randy, you are correct... not in stock class.

The Hyundai Genesis Coupe (4-cyl Turbo) (2010) >>> is in GS class (0.809)

You cant do much in Stock Class... no springs, sway bars, aftermarket intake, header or cat mods, camber plates... anything more than factory camber specs will take you out of Stock Class.

your intake mod will put you in E Street Prep class (0.846)
free flow cat will put you in E Street Prep class
too much camber will put you in ESP

Your corrected PAX time is actually 69.39 putting you in 10th place when your car is placed in the correct ESP class.

To be competitive I would suggest leave the car stock and get good tires. They make the most difference (besides learning how to driving) and keep you in the Stock Class with a better PAX factor.

-daniel

Saucy16
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
thx for compliments guys
and interesting how the smallest mods bumps up your class that much. i have zero clue of how classing works, trying to keep car for the most part stock tho.
basically looking on things that help with response, put power down as low in rpms as possible which is perfect for autox. hence mods are smaller simple things, or so i thought lol.
if thats what my car gets classed (once again no idea how it works) then cool, end of day coming out to have fun, not one of those serious serious types haha
hope to come again!

jabela
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
[SIZE="6"]
Dates:
Event #7 Saturday October 15th

For those of you with a keen eye, we only have 7 event dates, but we will be hosting 8 autocrosses this year. In the points championship we will be counting the best 6 of 8 events in the points calculations! The 8 date is still to be determined or, we may turn one of the existing dates into a double header. I will be posting this asap, so look for updates soon!
Are we still doing 8 events or is this saturday the last event? If so, are we going to do best 5 of 7?

EMPOWERD
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
^^^ yeah, what Jon said. Waiting for a response. Also, I heard through the grape-vine that the new timing gear is in and tested last night! WooHoo! Can't wait for the rain on Saturday. Got my R's on.

jabela
10-13-2011, 09:22 PM
Sweet! New gear :) Any details on it?
Kevin, did you have any luck fixing the old timer (for a backup?)

Rain eh? I have almost no tread left on my tires.
I may not even be able to make it... hopefully I can find a babysitter.

dble Trouble
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Well it seems like no one can keep quiet these days. I told all who knew not to say anything until I was 100% certain it was a go and then I would say something.

dble Trouble
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Yes it's true we have purchased, received and tested the new timing gear. It's a Tractronix system and completely wireless. We will be running two cars on course at the same time now, which will let the event pace go more quickly.

Typically with a 30 car field the event would take 5 hours, we should be down to 2.5-3 hours now. There will be a separate start box, and stop box. We will be using 4 marshalls instead of 3 to help with safety and quicker correction of the course as well. If you have any questions please contact me at john_venditti@hotmail.com

Cheers,

See you out there on Saturday.

dble Trouble
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Jon to answer your other questions Kevin resoldered the old unit but the display is faulty so I think it's pooched. Fixable but not worth it IMO. He's looking into a cost nonetheless so we could have a back up system.

EMPOWERD
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Well it seems like no one can keep quiet these days. I told all who knew not to say anything until I was 100% certain it was a go and then I would say something.

You also told "all who knew" that you would post something yesterday.. which you didn't. Members are anxious to find out the status on the equipment, and since I knew your preliminary testing went ok last night (not perfect)... I thought a gentle nudge-hint was in order (24hr later) before you completely forgot to update us. Sorry if I stole your THUNDER John.

craz azn
10-14-2011, 12:02 AM
So umm... to get an answer, is this Saturday a double header to make up for the lost event? Or will it just be 7 events, and thats it for the season?

dble Trouble
10-14-2011, 12:08 AM
No double header, we'll do something different for the 8th and final event which has yet to be determined!

Bullet Ride
10-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Yes it's true we have purchased, received and tested the new timing gear. It's a Tractronix system and completely wireless. We will be running two cars on course at the same time now, which will let the event pace go more quickly.

Typically with a 30 car field the event would take 5 hours, we should be down to 2.5-3 hours now. There will be a separate start box, and stop box. We will be using 4 marshalls instead of 3 to help with safety and quicker correction of the course as well. If you have any questions please contact me at john_venditti@hotmail.com

Cheers,

See you out there on Saturday.

That will prevent us from running any layouts that have overlapping parts, which was pretty much every layout this year. It's definitely doable, it just might end up making the courses tighter and slower (i.e. we won't be able to rip across the length of the parking lot)

dble Trouble
10-14-2011, 09:32 AM
There will still be some fast sections, but you are right though, there will be no doubling back. The lot is so large however that we can make it happen. The second car won't be released until the first car is way passed the half way point or at least on the other side of the lot. So, when the first car is making it's way from one side of the lot to the other that could be a straight section from end to end for example.

richie_s999
10-14-2011, 09:34 AM
really disappointed I am not able to Saturday off work to attend the event :(

Bullet Ride
10-14-2011, 10:13 AM
There will still be some fast sections, but you are right though, there will be no doubling back. The lot is so large however that we can make it happen. The second car won't be released until the first car is way passed the half way point or at least on the other side of the lot. So, when the first car is making it's way from one side of the lot to the other that could be a straight section from end to end for example.

Are the rules going to change for missed gates? I know the lot is large but it's not that large. The difference between the fastest car and the slowest car can be up to 10-15 seconds for the best runs of the day depending on who is competing, if someone misses a couple gates that gap between the two cars will be closing fast not to mention the fact that if you miss a gate you have to go off course to loop around which might end up being in the path of the next car. Also with multiple cars on course there typically isn't a stop box, just a slow down zone because you don't want a car coming to a complete stop with the possibility that there's someone coming flying in a few seconds later.

I know this will be doable, I'm just trying to figure out where changes are going to have to be made.

richie_s999
10-14-2011, 12:38 PM
If anything just having a seperate start and stop box will really speed things up, staging the car and waiting for the car to pull out of the box takes forever

DIY
10-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Noooo! I can't make it to this one :( ... I got 5 midterms next week. *sad*

DItalianJob
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I have been to many autoxs that allow layouts that have overlapping parts with this setup. Its all a matter of being creative. This timing system allows for much more flexible layouts... i dont see any negatives... just positives.

Embrace change... *th-up*

I have missed most the season but i am going to try and make this last one.
Should be fun... Are you ready Randy for M///iniPower! :D

-daniel

EMPOWERD
10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Should be fun... Are you ready Randy for M///iniPower! :D

-daniel

BRING IT ON BRO! Got the R-comps on and ready! (although don't know how much grip this soggy 12C weather will net)

DItalianJob
10-14-2011, 04:16 PM
:D oh... it is sooo ON!
my R's don't have enough tread left to drive them safely on the highway and i don't feel like changing them in the cold, wind, and rain... :(

so i'll be on my streets... but ill put up a good fight.*uzi*

Between the rain, cold, wind, and no grip... its going to be like mud wrestling.
Rudy... you coming for a the last fling? *shiner*
Say YES... you know you want to.:D

-daniel

dble Trouble
10-14-2011, 08:00 PM
^^you two are in trouble with grip tomorrow......I won't have that same problem if you run your R's too Daniel!

jabela
10-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Awesome. Looks like a nice system and not very pricey either.
I guess we'll need some new rules, where the 2nd driver may have to abort his run if the 1st guy spins out, is lost, too slow, or hits a bunch of cones. Maybe we should give the marshals flags so they have a way to tell the driver to abort. It would also be usefully in case someone wanders onto the course or the zamboni is in the way.

craz azn
10-14-2011, 10:58 PM
:D oh... it is sooo ON!
my R's don't have enough tread left to drive them safely on the highway and i don't feel like changing them in the cold, wind, and rain... :(

so i'll be on my streets... but ill put up a good fight.*uzi*

Between the rain, cold, wind, and no grip... its going to be like mud wrestling.
Rudy... you coming for a the last fling? *shiner*
Say YES... you know you want to.:D

-daniel

Yeah I kinda do. I tried desperately to get insurance today, but no dice. Then the backup idea was to use a buddys car, but it was discovered that the steering rack had an issue, so there that went. :( Oh well, means more wrench time for the 2002! Have fun guys!

dble Trouble
10-14-2011, 11:27 PM
^^you fail^^!! LOL.

dble Trouble
10-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Don't worry all, the rules have been adjusted and will be discussed during the drivers meeting tomorrow. No need to worry all. I've attended and participated in autocrosses for over 15 years most with multiple cars on course. I've got it covered. If tomorrow you don't feel safe, or you feel there's room for improvement please come and talk to me and I'll address your concerns right then and there. I wish everyone a safe and fun autocross tomorrow.
cheers,

John Venditti

jabela
10-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Don't worry all, the rules have been adjusted and will be discussed during the drivers meeting tomorrow. No need to worry all. I've attended and participated in autocrosses for over 15 years most with multiple cars on course. I've got it covered. If tomorrow you don't feel safe, or you feel there's room for improvement please come and talk to me and I'll address your concerns right then and there. I wish everyone a safe and fun autocross tomorrow.
cheers,

John Venditti
No worries, I have faith in you. Now I just have to try and beat you in your new Dunlops.

BMe30
10-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Rudy i was hoping youd be there... You could see hear the itb m42

AdrianL
10-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Good seeing a bunch of people out, and nothing like throwing the 8 series through the auto x course.

and I'd love to see what pictures people got!

Bullet Ride
10-16-2011, 03:30 PM
No double header, we'll do something different for the 8th and final event which has yet to be determined!

Oh snap! I might be back from Europe in time to get to this TBA event!
I'm pumped*rockout*

T.Dot_E30
10-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Pictures are up:
http://just.razzi.me/photos/210395/641ca56.jpg (http://razzi.me/p/210395)
http://just.razzi.me/photos/210406/16290c7.jpg (http://razzi.me/p/210406)
http://just.razzi.me/photos/210427/76791cd.jpg (http://razzi.me/p/210427)

More added to my blog: Toronto Auto BLog - tdott.me http://www.tdott.me/2011/10/event-coverage-bmwcc-trillium-autocross.html (http://www.tdott.me/2011/10/event-coverage-bmwcc-trillium-autocross.html)

EMPOWERD
10-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Nice pics Trevor, thanks!

AdrianL
10-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Sweet! Great pictures

T.Dot_E30
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks!

Sorry I didn't get more of your 8series, was busy helping out, plus going for a ride with you that first time, I didn't get time to take much pictures. Hope you enjoyed it. I still can't believe you have that much kms on that v12, you probably have the highest km v12 i've ever seen. 6Spd Manual to boot!

AdrianL
10-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Nothing like the 3 or 4 trips she makes between toronto and moncton every year. Just goes to show how important maintenance is. Thanks for the pictures again!

Bullet Ride
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Any word on this 8th and final event?
I know you're busy with moving John so I'd understand if it's been cancelled...

dble Trouble
11-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Yup. See this thread!

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146899

jabela
11-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Updated results for Oct 15. Nice to see we have new timing hardware, but there were definitely some teething problems trying to run in order. Some people had 3 or 4 runs in the dry before some people even had a run, then it started to rain.
https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21215#!/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21234

<iframe width="700" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!234&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>

jabela
11-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Here's a scan of the August 21 results.

dble Trouble
11-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Any word on this 8th and final event?
I know you're busy with moving John so I'd understand if it's been cancelled...

Where were you? Of all people I expected you to be first there. What happened, especially after your sabatical away in Europe! I hope all is well!

Bullet Ride
11-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Where were you? Of all people I expected you to be first there. What happened, especially after your sabatical away in Europe! I hope all is well!

Yeah I know. Scott txted me today asking where I was. Something came up that prevented me from making it out today. Sorry about that John, I heard it was a great turn out. It's upsetting to say the least because I was looking forward to burning up my shitty rear tires out there and repping the E30s. I guess I'll see you guys next season, if not sooner.

RickN
11-20-2011, 10:51 PM
You guys want pics posted here or in a new thread?

craz azn
11-21-2011, 12:04 AM
You guys want pics posted here or in a new thread?

New thread may be easier.... I just want to see pics! BTW, can I have your wheels? :D

RickN
11-21-2011, 02:46 AM
New thread may be easier.... I just want to see pics! BTW, can I have your wheels? :DTook me a year to find these Volks...got any gold bars to trade? :D

Pics are over here. (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147200)

dble Trouble
11-21-2011, 09:03 PM
yeah Rick the new thread idea was a good one. Thank you again for the pics. That was fantastic. I saw a camera on your car, so feel free to post some vids too, that would be awesome to see as well.

jabela
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, I haven't heard from John, so I'm going to post up these unofficial results. Some of the newer competitors need their classes confirmed, but it should be pretty close.
<iframe width="700" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://r.office.microsoft.com/r/rlidExcelEmbed?su=-6844159376991938478&Fi=SDA104A94EFC3C9852!244&ak=t%3d0%26s%3d0%26v%3d!AOuq0X-6z2ZxJ0M&kip=1&AllowTyping=True&ActiveCell='(unofficial)2011%20Totals'!A1&wdHideGridlines=True&wdHideHeaders=True&wdDownloadButton=True"></iframe>
https://skydrive.live.com/?id=A104A94EFC3C9852!234&cid=a104a94efc3c9852&&event_source=CloseButton#!/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21244

T.Dot_E30
01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
https://skydrive.live.com/?id=A104A94EFC3C9852!234&cid=a104a94efc3c9852&&event_source=CloseButton#!/view.aspx?cid=A104A94EFC3C9852&resid=A104A94EFC3C9852%21234

So you are the unofficial winner? Congrats Man!

jabela
01-09-2012, 06:03 PM
So you are the unofficial winner? Congrats Man!
Thanks! It was another close finish this year.

EMPOWERD
01-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the results and congrats on winning Jon! I'll be starting a new thread for next year's season. For all the subscribers of this thread...

These are the (confirmed) 8 event dates for 2012:

Powerade Center:
May 6
June 17
July 29
Sept 16
Oct 21
Nov 11

Mosport DDT (Solo-1)
May 20
Aug 26 (Bimmercruise)

|

DItalianJob
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
i love it! *love*
all the dates are up and they are all Sundays... *th-up*

i will be entering this year's series...

-daniel

craz azn
01-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Congrats Jon on the win! Show 'em, E46 FTW!

AND HELLS YES, WILL ATTEND the DDT rounds with the 2002 for 2012!

dble Trouble
01-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes Congrats Jon on that win, perseverance paid off big time! 2012 will be another awesome year! I'm looking forward to it, especially with 2 solo 1's in it to stir things up. Really looking forward to that!

DItalianJob
01-10-2012, 12:03 AM
is it best 6 out of 8 events

dble Trouble
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Yes it will be the same format as years past but with 6 solo 2's and 2 solo 1's to mix it up! The solo 1 we did in November went so smoothly, with the addition of lapping, was really well attended, and many have asked not only for it again but more. So, Randy and Rich have agreed to step it up and are doing it! I'm very pleased to see.

jabela
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Yes Congrats Jon on that win, perseverance paid off big time! 2012 will be another awesome year! I'm looking forward to it, especially with 2 solo 1's in it to stir things up. Really looking forward to that!
Thanks! I had a great time this year. I think I was just lucky it didn't rain for the first 6 events. Looking forward to more Solo I events.

DItalianJob
01-10-2012, 02:44 AM
are the rules for solo2 still via USA standards or are we switching to Canadian?

what about the solo1 events?

richie_s999
01-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Randy's done all the work towards next years events so far, and cudo's to a great schedule, I just hope I have the new car built in time, otherwise I'm drivinging the Cady-leans CTS at the DDT events, and not sure what I'll be darting cones with the rest of the year.

Congrats to Jon A on this season, And congrats to Scott at a 2nd 2nd place 2 years in a row!

Bullet Ride
01-10-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm looking forward to this season. I'll have some new grippy tires this season rather than some hard, cracked, 10 year old tires. Should be fun!

dble Trouble
01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
are the rules for solo2 still via USA standards or are we switching to Canadian?

what about the solo1 events?

Historically we followed Trillium Solo rules that yes had the influence of BMWCCA which was influenced by SCCA. Randy and Rich are at the helm this year, and I'll be advising. There has been no discussion to change the format at this time.

DItalianJob
01-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Historically we followed Trillium Solo rules that yes had the influence of BMWCCA which was influenced by SCCA. Randy and Rich are at the helm this year, and I'll be advising. There has been no discussion to change the format at this time.

well, the website has links to the SCCA (USA) rules but at the same time has a link to the CASC (Canadian) Car Classification Worksheet... a little confusing.

The website should be corrected to represent the SCCA car class worksheet... if we are staying with SCCA rules.

I think going to the CASC rules would be better for everyone this year because a lot of regulars have cars with only a few mods (intake/lowering springs/tower brace/braided lines/bushing material) that would put them in Super-Stock instead of using the present rules (SCCA) would put them in the Street-Prepared class.

just a thought... either way the website should be updated.

EMPOWERD
01-31-2012, 02:20 AM
is it best 6 out of 8 events

Yes, best 6 out of 8 events.

Unfortunately, there has been a change to our "confirmed" dates (once again) from the Powerade Centre Gods. The new (I was assured - secure) dates are:

Powerade Center:
Sunday May 6
Sunday June 17
Sunday July 29
Sunday Sept 16
Saturday Oct 20
Saturday Nov 10

Mosport DDT (Solo-1)
May 20
Aug 26 (Bimmercruise)

Bullet Ride
02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
The 2012 auto-x season is less than 3 months away....*par-t*
This should get you pumped up...
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qa5fyG3AcDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMe30
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah that vid is the kick in the ass i needed to get my car ready for this season :)

E30M42cab
02-16-2012, 01:58 AM
sweeeeet!