PDA

View Full Version : M50 engine

Jari
04-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Can anyone point me to various sources for a complete m50 power train ?

I'm thinking a 95 2.5l vanos to be more specific.. Not sure if I need tranny yet or not..

Cheers

Jari

M50E30
04-12-2003, 08:19 PM
I personally don't know of any M50's kicking around. Best bet would to PM empowerd for any leads.

Happy hunting,
Dave

Jari
04-13-2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the tip.. I'll do that right now :)

jeremy
04-13-2003, 12:06 AM
i've got a 98 m3 engine if your interested

Jari
04-13-2003, 12:08 AM
If I had deep pockets I would be.. sounds beyond my budget.. btw the motor I'm looking for is for an e30 transplant.. your m3 motor would be oh so wikked

mkgino
04-13-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Jari
If I had deep pockets I would be.. sounds beyond my budget.. btw the motor I'm looking for is for an e30 transplant.. your m3 motor would be oh so wikked

How about this, we split the M3 motor, and you can have my 2.8L? :)

Jari
04-13-2003, 12:12 PM
huh?

mkgino
04-13-2003, 02:45 PM
huh?

You pay $3500, I pay $3500 I get the M3 motor from Jeremy and you get my 2.8L from my 328is

jeremy
04-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
You pay $3500, I pay $3500 I get the M3 motor from Jeremy and you get my 2.8L from my 328is

works for me :D

Jari
04-13-2003, 07:58 PM
:P so in a nutshell you're selling your 2.8l for $3500.00
cool beans!

if you have messenger add me and we'll chat. I might be interested.
jariiii@hotmail.com

mkgino
04-13-2003, 08:41 PM
:P so in a nutshell you're selling your 2.8l for $3500.00
cool beans!

if you have messenger add me and we'll chat. I might be interested.
jariiii@hotmail.com

Damn, I would love to do this but, well..........Im too much of a pussy.

jeremy
04-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Damn, I would love to do this but, well..........Im too much of a pussy.

:(

mkgino
04-13-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by jeremy
:(

Hey Jeremy, if there was some way we could work in the swap in the price of the motor, I would be more interested. The thing is, is that I dont want my car to start having problems with it u know. I would sacrifice other mods this year, for the motor but its all about reliability with me. If something goes wrong I am screwwwwed. But I am crazy enough to do something like this......

jeremy
04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Hey Jeremy, if there was some way we could work in the swap in the price of the motor, I would be more interested. The thing is, is that I dont want my car to start having problems with it u know. I would sacrifice other mods this year, for the motor but its all about reliability with me. If something goes wrong I am screwwwwed. But I am crazy enough to do something like this......

what problem ? your tranny will bolt up and your obII >>

mkgino
04-13-2003, 08:52 PM
what problem ? your tranny will bolt up and your obII >>

I know that, I mean reliability with the motor, and the actual job of getting it in the car. The motor on my car is running great, no problems whatsoever. This M3 motor, well where did it come from? Any compression tests done to it?? Is everything ready to go, would I have to look for more parts to get it runnning?

I mean I could have the money easy to do this swap, considering how much I get on my motor, but its really reliability with me. I have no idea where this motor has been

jeremy
04-13-2003, 09:05 PM
I know that, I mean reliability with the motor, and the actual job of getting it in the car. The motor on my car is running great, no problems whatsoever. This M3 motor, well where did it come from? Any compression tests done to it?? Is everything ready to go, would I have to look for more parts to get it runnning?

I mean I could have the money easy to do this swap, considering how much I get on my motor, but its really reliability with me. I have no idea where this motor has been

i will try and get a carfax report for you....the only parts you would probably need would be the m3 motor mounts..it comes with the ecu,wiring harness,manifolds and all the regular goodies....i trust the guy who has it...and i have known him for a few years now....he is off on monday, so i will get all the details for you...as well as the cost to swap it for you.

mkgino
04-13-2003, 09:07 PM
i will try and get a carfax report for you....the only parts you would probably need would be the m3 motor mounts..it comes with the ecu,wiring harness,manifolds and all the regular goodies....i trust the guy who has it...and i have known him for a few years now....he is off on monday, so i will get all the details for you...as well as the cost to swap it for you.

Ok, but dont get all mad if I say no. Just to give you a feeling of where I sit with this is that I am about 30% yes and 70% no so take it for what its worth I guess. But find the info for me anyway, you never know...........

jeremy
04-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Ok, but dont get all mad if I say no. Just to give you a feeling of where I sit with this is that I am about 30% yes and 70% no so take it for what its worth I guess. But find the info for me anyway, you never know...........

no prob *th-up*

Miguel
04-14-2003, 01:17 AM

You should also go to Crappy Tire and buy a baseball bat. You'll need it to fight off all the chicks that will chasing after you if you get this swap;)

Jari
04-14-2003, 11:35 AM
I post a need for a motor and jeremy finds one.. whats wrong with this picture ? lol ahh well.. its all good.. lol