PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter Performance Driving School Schedule

dble Trouble
02-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Hello all, well it's that time of year to start planning your on track experiences at the World famous Mosport Grand Prix track with the BMW Club of Canada!

Our first warm up event will be held at the Mosport DDT (Driver Development Track) on: Sunday April 24th
This school is geared to getting all of the cobwebs out and is a great way to get back into the swing of things for the season. Cost is $250.00 tax included. You must bring your own helmet or you can rent one from the club for a nominal fee. As is usual with any performance driving school held by the Trillium Chapter, you'll be receiving in class instruction, skidpad exercises and emergency manouevers, and on track instruction with instructor riding shotgun with you all day to keep things safe!

Our 3 Schools at the Grand Prix track are on: Saturday and Sunday April 30 and May 1

Saturday and Sunday June 4th and 5th

Saturday and Sunday September 10th and 11th

These Performance Driving Schools offer a similar curriculum as the previous event at the DDT but with the full expanded version including passing techniques, heel and toeing, and some more advanced braking techniques to name a few. Cost for these two day events is $499.00 taxes included. As is usual with any of our Performance driving schools, the fees are tax deductable since it is an accredited school! If you have any questions please contact me at john_venditti@hotmail.com. For more information please see www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

scottyp
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Is the warm up event good for beginners? First time on the track I would like an instructor with me.

dble Trouble
02-26-2011, 06:49 PM
^^All of the BMW Club of Canada performance driving schools require you to have an instructor present with you at all times on track. This is how we provide some of the best Performance Driving Schools around. Coupled with Top Notch curriculum, in class instruction, and exercises. The only students that could go un supervised are the advanced A students (advanced) that have gone through our program, or equivalent and made their way up through the ranks and then been evaluated by an instructor and then signed off. No one wants to go home with someone elses paint on their cars. We do allow passing but have strict rules to follow, and of course your in car instructor will help guide you through. Our one day school at the DDT is a great introduction to Performance driving, but given the one day schedule, not all of the curriculum is covered. You only get the whole enchilada on the Two day school on the Grand Prix track. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to email me at john_venditti@hotmail.com ^^

Neb
03-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Is it the 23rd or 24th? On the trillium website it states it's on the 23rd.
http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/content/club-calendar

dble Trouble
03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
^^Very Keen eye! Yes, I have not updated the thread as we just got confirmation this week. When our scheduler booked the date, he did not realize it was Easter Weekend. As it turns out, we did not have enough instructors available on Sunday, so it is on Saturday the 23rd! Please note the change of date.

DIRT_Racer
03-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Does anybody know "OLD DUDE" with his Bimmer?

also I suppose a car that only has one seat in it with a 5pt harness would not be acceptable then? the passenger side has the floor raised for exhuast clearence and there is roll bars all on that side where the other seat would be.

dble Trouble
03-08-2011, 07:51 PM
^ You are correct sir. Because it is a performance Driving School you MUST have a passenger seat and the same type of harness for both driver and passenger. So if the driver has a harness so must the passenger or they're both using the 3point from the manufacturer. Unfortunately there are no exceptions to this rule because of our insurance coverage.

davericher20
03-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I wanna be bumped up to the advanced class.

I'm driving an e30 with carbon fibre wheels which puts my top speed at 211 and everybody is slowing me down, I can't get any good lap times with all the traffic?
I also want to request a specific number for my car this time. #1, please send that message to your people.
I need to drive my car flat out. That is how I drive.....

Flat out.

dble Trouble
03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Rofl...............

E30M42cab
03-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Dave, you'll always be in a special class as far as I'm concerned!;)

DIRT_Racer
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Can we be on the property but not on the track?? considering bringing the race car to get some input from BMW guru's

davericher20
03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
^^yes

dble Trouble
03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Can we be on the property but not on the track?? considering bringing the race car to get some input from BMW guru's

That's absolutely not a problem. There is no fee for spectators, the only requirement is that you sign the waiver when you arrive inside the property. Bring your bucket as you may want to go for a ride with someone. We encourage spectators to come and get a first hand view of how our schools are run.

nonlocal
03-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Dave, you'll always be in a special class as far as I'm concerned!;)

Never thought of the e30 touring as a short bus...

Till now.

davericher20
03-10-2011, 01:45 AM
*repost*

dble Trouble
03-10-2011, 07:53 AM
That is just so wrong in so many ways! LOL.

Bullet Ride
03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
There is no fee for spectators, the only requirement is that you sign the waiver when you arrive inside the property.

Funny story about the waiver that everyone signs. Late August or early September 2009 I showed up to get a steering knuckle for my E30 from Stephen Van Dutch and my dad was getting a MarkD tune for his M5. We pull up and the guy asks us to sign the waiver. I didn't look at it, just signed my name on the first open blank line I saw and handed it back to the guy. I guess I ended up signing in the spot where you were supposed to print your name?

The guy was like.... you signed in the wrong spot...

Then he ripped the sheet (with everyones name on it) off the clip board and just walked over and threw it in the garbage and sat back in his car. We were like wtf? and just went in.

He must have been having a bad day. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I had to sit at the gate listening to cars rip around the track and watching sick cars rolling in and out all day.

richie_s999
03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
That was a mosport employee, having you sign the track wavier, clubs one is different.

Funny story about the waiver that everyone signs. Late August or early September 2009 I showed up to get a steering knuckle for my E30 from Stephen Van Dutch and my dad was getting a MarkD tune for his M5. We pull up and the guy asks us to sign the waiver. I didn't look at it, just signed my name on the first open blank line I saw and handed it back to the guy. I guess I ended up signing in the spot where you were supposed to print your name?

The guy was like.... you signed in the wrong spot...

Then he ripped the sheet (with everyones name on it) off the clip board and just walked over and threw it in the garbage and sat back in his car. We were like wtf? and just went in.

He must have been having a bad day. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I had to sit at the gate listening to cars rip around the track and watching sick cars rolling in and out all day.

Bullet Ride
03-10-2011, 03:27 PM
That was a mosport employee, having you sign the track wavier, clubs one is different.

Ah. Regardless, it was something I laughed at it after the fact.

E30M42cab
03-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Never thought of the e30 touring as a short bus...

Till now.
It's always nice to see a post go off topic on the first page:D

Gleb
03-10-2011, 10:40 PM
^^Very Keen eye! Yes, I have not updated the thread as we just got confirmation this week. When our scheduler booked the date, he did not realize it was Easter Weekend. As it turns out, we did not have enough instructors available on Sunday, so it is on Saturday the 23rd! Please note the change of date.

Anyone that misses a track day for any reason other than his own funeral is a gay asswipe dumb **** :moon::D:P

dble Trouble
03-15-2011, 10:33 PM
^^Gleb said it best! LOL :)^^

STALKER
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm gonna register for the June event hopefully by the end of this week.

dble Trouble
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
^^ that's awesome, I'll be there instructing. Nice ride by the way..........:)^^

doogee
03-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Planning to make it to atleast two of these this year. Last year was great at Mosport.

If so, I DEMAND you John lol.

davericher20
03-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Planning to make it to atleast two of these this year. Last year was great at Mosport.

If so, I DEMAND you John lol.

NO! I want him! *love*

dble Trouble
03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
No need to argue boys......there's lots of me to go around. :D

doogee
03-21-2011, 10:22 PM
No need to argue boys......there's lots of me to go around. :D

No instruction, no ride in M3 :D

Dissembler
03-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Hes not a very good instructor... John will just blab on and on...

I kid I kid lol

dble Trouble
03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
No instruction, no ride in M3 :D

What's this about no ride??? You mean drive your M3! Then I can try and pull some strings! Hahahaha.

Gleb
03-24-2011, 09:36 PM
Come on, ladies, SIGN-UP!!!
Don't miss your chance to drive the fastest track in North America and 3rd fastest track on the planet... only slower than Le Mans and Monza!

How can you say no to this?

E30M42cab
03-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Just an update:

The April 23 Advanced Driving School at Mosport DDT is filling up nicely, but there are still many spots available.

Registration for the April 30 - May 1 Student for ADS@Mosport GP has just recently opened, and many spots are still available.

All info on the website is now up-to-date as of tuesday night.

Chris_Bangle
03-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Come on, ladies, SIGN-UP!!!
Don't miss your chance to drive the fastest track in North America and 3rd fastest track on the planet... only slower than Le Mans and Monza!

How can you say no to this?

Great Pic. Great Track. Great School.

We need to start track day / race school financing *wave*

dble Trouble
03-27-2011, 11:12 PM
^^LOL. I need wheel/tire sponsorship as I go through them like they're going out of style, that and brakes sponsorship, oh and fuel, ball joint, tie rod, and anything else you can think of! LOL.^^

Chris_Bangle
03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
as the saying goes: Motorsport is an addiction only cured by poverty. Saw this on an E30 at Mid Ohio a few years back, a pretty accurate statement. If we put together all the money / time that goes into driving / racing / karting etc, we could build all the schools necessary in the developing world or have just enough money to finally get Gleb's car to the GT6 grid this season.

dble Trouble
03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
ROFL about Gleb's car! Still ROFLing.................GT6??? It won't be that slow?

craz azn
03-29-2011, 12:04 AM
as the saying goes: Motorsport is an addiction only cured by poverty. Saw this on an E30 at Mid Ohio a few years back, a pretty accurate statement. If we put together all the money / time that goes into driving / racing / karting etc, we could build all the schools necessary in the developing world or have just enough money to finally get Gleb's car to the GT6 grid this season.

Oh snap!!

STALKER
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM
^^ that's awesome, I'll be there instructing. Nice ride by the way..........:)^^

Thanks.
Finally got around to registering for April 23rd event. *th-up*

Gleb
03-30-2011, 08:41 PM
:moon::moon::moon:

E30M42cab
03-31-2011, 06:10 PM
^So when are you signing up?

Gleb
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
^So when are you signing up?

I signed-up many years ago

richie_s999
04-01-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm planning to be on track at the June and Sept schools, cannot wait!!

Chris_Bangle
04-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Signed up, despite the best efforts of the website to confuse me (which is easy). Not leaving without Rudy taking my car through the skid pad to set a benchmark...

DIY
04-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Considering how Mosport is a high speed track and the E30 is geared so short, does anyone ever have a problem topping out? I'ed love to do this!

doogee
04-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Considering how Mosport is a high speed track and the E30 is geared so short, does anyone ever have a problem topping out? I'ed love to do this!

I highly doubt you'll top it out at Mosport. You won't even reach 200 km/h on the back straight.

davericher20
04-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I highly doubt you'll top it out at Mosport. You won't even reach 200 km/h on the back straight.

+1, I didn't, and I can't see a stock e30 making it over 190
The problem isn't topping out, it's having the power to get up the hill on the back straight. I hit 170 and I'm at turn 8.

DIY
04-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh ok cool. Do the stock calipers cut it with good pads?

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
What does an E30 top out at?

richie_s999
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Stock everything is fine, it's a driving school to learn how to properly drive on a track not find the limits of your car.

DIY
04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Stock everything is fine, it's a driving school to learn how to properly drive on a track not find the limits of your car.

With stock brakes though the fluid and pads would probably be smokin tthough by the end of a lap... Other than that ied say everything else stock would be acceptable

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM

Just to add to this: you also have different exercises on the skid pad which will allows you to see how your car behaves in different situations. This can allow you to see "the limit" in certain situations.

Here a video of a student in a awd 911 attempting to do exercises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQi9Or0Qz8&feature=player_embedded#at=20

There is also classroom instruction (which really separates this from regular track days) and a track walk with Derek Hanson at the end of the first day.

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Your car will not be taxing the brakes at Mosport, there is only one hard braking area. Just change your fluid prior to the event. Your pads should comfortably last the weekend.

Bullet Ride
04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Standing by the track, back to the traffic, with a beer. Lol great pic.

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Read what I said: end of the Day, track walk, no traffic just Stuart attempting to show the line. If you have been to Mosport, you would know that the NSX is going the wrong way SO HOW COULD THERE BE TRAFFIC?

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Picture of track walk taken out from so there is no confusion for people who have never been to Mosport. The walk itself is a great asset to the school as it allows you to see the elevation changes and get a better gauge for just how and why the line works.

Bullet Ride
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I never meant any harm by the comment. Sorry if you took it that way. Obviously people wouldn't be allowed to stand on the track if there was any inherent safety concerns. I went to Mosport once a couple years ago to watch some of one the Trillium driving schools, there was great emphasis on safety, I know the instructors wouldn't do anything as reckless as standing on the track when cars are going by at speed regardless of the direction the car is travelling.

davericher20
04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
What does an E30 top out at?

205-210km/hr

Yes, they were excellent when I mashed it out there. and I'm running stock everything. I didn't feel one bit of fade. Partly because there's only 1 major braking zone at the end of the back straight. Also keep in mind you do about 10 laps, come back in, and go out a couple hours later so that helps keep them cool too versus having a full non-stop lapping day.

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 07:24 PM
205-210km/hr

If that's due to gearing than - add another 100hp and put proper racing slicks on it and you should be able to top it out :) Of course now we talking about a completely different car.

craz azn
04-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I've hit 230ish in my car, with the stock motor ages ago. Mind you, that was on the highway, going downhill and crap haha. At Mosport I'd be lucky to touch 200km/h. I always short shift into 5th anyways, as there is no need to race anyone up the straight... I know my car is slow :D

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Rudy, if you hit 200km/h on the back straight: how much hp does the car have / is this on r comps?

craz azn
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, on Rs to get a good speed thru 5... I'd guess the car has 150-160whp, car weighs a tick over 2700, depends on how much gas, passenger, if I left the spare in or not, etc... I normally hit 185-190... like I said, lucky to hit 200. Would need a good draft, and even bigger balls to brake super late haha.

Chris_Bangle
04-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Flat through 4?

craz azn
04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Haha, almost :P I lift ever so slightly before the bridge... I know the car can do it flat out, but I don't know if I want to :D

dble Trouble
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Mosport GP track is really easy on brakes and tires for that matter. It is a high speed track with only one heavy braking area, and that is approaching turn 5, the faster part of the track for many cars, contrary to what many think about the 1 mile long back straight. Turn 8 is another braking zone since you are coming off of the back straight doing 180ish depending on the car, but turn 8 is a high speed 150km/h turn so the braking zone is really short, it's more to set the car into the turn.

In my stock M20 e30 I usually hit 180-185km/h up the back straight, again if I get a good drive out of 5 and I'm usually on R comps. But as Rudy said, if I get a tow up the back straight I've seen as much as 195km/h show up on the speedo, (keep in mind there is some error there) but it's a good gauge as when I say I hit 180-185 thats with the same speedo. So with a good tow, that's a 10km/h gain up the back. For those who haven't been there it is a 1 mile straight but all up hill so you don't go as fast as you think you're going to go as you're fighting gravity and wind......

I go flat through 4 and hit 185 braking into 5, fastest part of the track for those with less power but better handling cars.

Just a note, Vipers, Ferrari 430's, Corvettes, Porsche 911's, GTR's, all hit around 240km/h up the back straight, and race car versions of said cars usually less as they have aero gear acting as sails slowing them down, yet they will go through the turns MUCH faster so lap for lap they are quicker. American Lemans cars are said to hit 270km/h ish up the back straight I believe, but I think they may hit a little more than that, more like 280-290ish. If anyone knows for sure please pipe in here.............Rudy???

Gleb
04-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Haha, almost :P I lift ever so slightly before the bridge... I know the car can do it flat out, but I don't know if I want to :D

Poo See

Real menz do it flat out... in the rain... at night... on the autobahn

With a 4:10 diff (and even a very tired motor) you will run out of revs in 4th gear, approaching 2, top of 4 (ask Rudy how I know) and if you get a good draft and have bigger balls than Rudy and depending how late you brake into 8, you will top out just before you brake for 8.

With a stock 3:73 you're not topping out.

richie_s999
04-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Attention all Maxbimmer Members!!!

For those who are thinking of or would like to see what exactly a Trillium BMW Club Advanced driving school is really about, here is your opportunity.

On Saturday April 30th, and Sunday May 1st everyone is invited to see what the school offers first hand, with a guided tour of the event. You will get the chance to sit in on an in class session, try the skid pad exercise, and one of our instructors will take you out for a couple laps around the legendary Mosport Grand Prix track.

This is an amazing chance to get an idea of what the school’s experience is all about, and its totally free, not to mention a great way for any car guy or girl to spend a day!

If you would like to come out and see what all the hype is about, please contact me so I know how many people are coming, as there will be morning and afternoon times on both days, but your more then welcome to hang out all day, check out the cars, and talk to people doing the schools.

Rich

Chris_Bangle
04-17-2011, 11:15 AM
^ Cool idea, if people are on different forums, will be good to post this around. May attract people who are not sure if they want to go from a regular 100$ DDT lapping day to a proper school at the GP track and want to check out the school first.

Bullet Ride
04-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Attention all Maxbimmer Members!!!

For those who are thinking of or would like to see what exactly a Trillium BMW Club Advanced driving school is really about, here is your opportunity.

On Saturday April 30th, and Sunday May 1st everyone is invited to see what the school offers first hand, with a guided tour of the event. You will get the chance to sit in on an in class session, try the skid pad exercise, and one of our instructors will take you out for a couple laps around the legendary Mosport Grand Prix track.

This is an amazing chance to get an idea of what the school’s experience is all about, and its totally free, not to mention a great way for any car guy or girl to spend a day!

If you would like to come out and see what all the hype is about, please contact me so I know how many people are coming, as there will be morning and afternoon times on both days, but your more then welcome to hang out all day, check out the cars, and talk to people doing the schools.

Rich

Yikes! This is motivation to get my maintenance work done quick so I can make it out to this. Hopefully I can get it all done in time.

dble Trouble
04-17-2011, 12:40 PM
^ Agreed, this has been a long time coming, we just needed someone in the know to be able to take the time to host the event for visitors. Rich is the man to do this! Anyone, and everyone not participating SHOULD definitely take this opportunity to see what it's about! You won't be dissappointed and it's FREE, what more could you ask?

richie_s999
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Yikes! This is motivation to get my maintenance work done quick so I can make it out to this. Hopefully I can get it all done in time.

Rides with instructors will be as a passenger in their cars, just so there is no confusion.

I will try and see if possible for a couple parade laps ( limited speed) at lunch.

Bullet Ride
04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Rides with instructors will be as a passenger in their cars, just so there is no confusion.

I will try and see if possible for a couple parade laps ( limited speed) at lunch.

I know, but I still need a car in order to get to the track. My car won't be going anywhere under it's own power without a timing belt and a water pump *par-t*

dble Trouble
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, parade laps in your own car during the lunch break will be done following a pace car, at limited speeds with no helmets. So it's another fantastic reason to come out and see the Trillium HPDS.

craz azn
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Good idea guys... that will definitely create some spectator numbers. And they won't be disappointed! I look forward to it!

richie_s999
04-18-2011, 04:22 PM
also anyone who would like to come out to this weekends 1 day school on Saturday at Mosport DDT can drop me a line and I will set something up.

dble Trouble
04-20-2011, 01:01 AM
This is a reminder to all that our first Performance Driving School is this Saturday at the Mosport DDT. It is a one day event and there are still a few spots left. If you want to come register at our website, www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

If you're not sure about attending as a student come and let Richie give you a tour, and sit in class or ride with an instructor, then register for the next week we'll be at the Mosport Grand Prix Circuit with our full two day school!

Chris_Bangle
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Anyone on here tried v710s? I have a brand new set that I am trying to sell 225.45.17 (not doing as many track days as originally hoped) so far no luck so I may use them for the 3 days at Mosport. Any experience on how they handle colder temps like the ones we are likely to see?

Forgot to add - running them on rx8 with about 1.6 negative camber all around. Tirerack says around 35 hot - is that accurate?

PM me if you don't want to discuss on here.

STALKER
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Anyone running track tires this weekend??? Cold temps and rain....not sure my NT05s are gonna like that combo. Might leave the street tires on.

dble Trouble
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Stalker, if I didn't cord my R's in september i would be running them, but as it stands I'll be on street tires. It all depends on your level of experience. If you're advanced I would suggest your R's, if you're intermediate or beginner i would stick with the streets.

R's are trickier to run in these conditions but still offer large grip if managed properly.

STALKER
04-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Stalker, if I didn't cord my R's in september i would be running them, but as it stands I'll be on street tires. It all depends on your level of experience. If you're advanced I would suggest your R's, if you're intermediate or beginner i would stick with the streets.

R's are trickier to run in these conditions but still offer large grip if managed properly.

Def not advanced, not by a long shot, LOL. My track set up are street tires, but Nitto NT05s, which are pretty wide 275/285 combo and they don't come with a lot of tread to begin with, so not great in the rain, and I know they hate the cold.

dble Trouble
04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Sorry I read that as NT01 which are r's, but nonetheless, if you're not advanced I'd recommend regular street tires.

STALKER
04-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Sorry I read that as NT01 which are r's, but nonetheless, if you're not advanced I'd recommend regular street tires.

Thanks. *th-up*

richie_s999
04-22-2011, 03:59 PM
If it's wet, up the tire presure, it will open the grooves to chanel the water better, and you will get up to temp quicker.

Rampage
04-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I went to the even today at the DDT, my first track day, and I had a blast!

Lot's of fun, thanks to all the instructors, see you in June!

Ps Does anyone have photos from today?

richie_s999
04-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I went to the even today at the DDT, my first track day, and I had a blast!

Lot's of fun, thanks to all the instructors, see you in June!

Ps Does anyone have photos from today?

I took a bunch at pit out in the morning, and some in the afternoon, couple of the guys had their fancy cameras out, should start a pic thread for the event.

craz azn
04-23-2011, 09:13 PM
^ We should just make a thread on the Trillium forum. Tons of space over there.

Edit: I'll just make one now. I salvaged two pics off my camera... looks like ass, but gets the ball rolling lol.

Chris_Bangle
04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Glad to see the DDT event went well.

Who is in for the Friday? Has a decision been made on total Friday track time?

Was thinking about leaving my car at the track and getting a ride back with someone - will split the gas money there and back.

Live on bayview and steeles.

Any idea if there is going to be a mobile tire shop on site on Sat & Sun?

dble Trouble
04-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Typical Friday schedule is half hour on, half hour off, so that works out to about 3.5 hours of track time. I saw the preliminary schedule and that's how it stands as of right now. I don't see any reason for changing it at the moment, but tonnes of track time.....

Chris_Bangle
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
That sounds great. Hoping the weather holds up. Any ideas on the mobile tire mounting shop?

richie_s999
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Just a reminder, anybody who would like to come to this weekends school to check it out or anyone who knows someone who would like to check it out, please contact me so I can schedule time to show them all the school offers this weekend.

kamus
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Only 4 days to go! Can't wait - tires changed, tech inspection passed and signed, weather looks like it'll be fair.. won't be able to sleep the next few nights.. !!

richie_s999
04-25-2011, 11:59 PM
my picsw from the DDT are up, those with pics please add them too, everyone else...enjoy!!

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1497154&posted=1#post1497154

STALKER
04-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Chris_Bangle
04-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Anyone live near bayview and steeles? Looking for a ride to and from the track - will split gas money. Looking to leave the car at the track on Friday (have a ride back).

nonlocal
04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh man. I am sunf*cked worse than a red e30. Great day at the track, I will post some pictures when I get home and get through them.

Chris_Bangle
05-01-2011, 08:57 PM
A BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteers. Great school.

E30M42cab
05-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh man. I am sunf*cked worse than a red e30. Great day at the track, I will post some pictures when I get home and get through them.

I've got the sunburn as well. Well worth it though. I'm just sorry I had to leave early. Did you stay for dinner and beer?

A BIG THANK YOU to all the volunteers. Great school.

We'll do anything for a ride and a t-shirt! I meant to ask you who hooked you up with the longer wheel nuts?

dble Trouble
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Sunburnt and exhausted, but again well worth it. I always have a ball at these things. Now, looking forward to the autocrosses, and the next school weekend in June!

Also a big thank-you to the volunteers who help make these events possible and successful! We had 10 volunteers this weekend to help make things happen. It makes the days smoother and easier for everyone!

Here's a list and a thank-you to all.

Dave Richer
Kurt Dawson
Rich Simpson
Debbie Marrotta
Graeme Arnaud
Rob Mackenzie
Scott Paterson
Dave Abrahmson
Flahview Ciobzie
Devon Kring
All of the instructors and Directors. *th-up*

Chris_Bangle
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
We'll do anything for a ride and a t-shirt! I meant to ask you who hooked you up with the longer wheel nuts?

I got some from John Dimoff (Raven) and some from Suzanne (she did the race school - had Boston plates). The weren't longer just 17mm instead of the stock 21mm which were way to big for the Kosei wheels but worked on the rpf1 that I drove to the track on.

I should buy a set this week.

davericher20
05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I gotted burnted too.

Scott and I were fortunate enough to each snag a ride in Steve Gailits' track prepped e21.

Here's a vid

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LyjSdzFnrfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

craz azn
05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Its an E21 dude :P

davericher20
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM

dammit!!!!!!! fixed

richie_s999
05-02-2011, 09:17 PM

+1, and here is a picture of it..... more pics of the day to come!!!!!!!!!

richie_s999
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1498586&posted=1#post1498586

May 1st school pic thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See them and post em!!!

E30M42cab
05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I gotted burnted too.

Scott and I were fortunate enough to each snag a ride in Steve Gailits' track prepped e21.

Here's a vid

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LyjSdzFnrfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was pretty cool, I'm glad I got several laps in with him. I didn't realize it was you getting in after me... couldn't tell for the helmet.

I couldn't believe the old black porsche turbo was able to outrun us on the straights. Jesus that thing was fast, and street legal.

So far I've been out for laps with John and Rudy, and Steve Gailits and John Dimoff. I'm gunna need a ride in a turbo car next time I think!

msix
05-04-2011, 02:10 PM
The BMW Racing School at Mosport was the most fun I had on the track for a looong time. When you think you drive the maximum that the car (or you) can handle when you drive the "perfect line" in an School environment, wait until you go two wide down corner 2 or corner 4 when you want to pass some cars ... it is a rush I will not forget for a long time.
Driving Schools will be ... ehhhm somewhat boring.

Here is a video from the mock race we had at the end of the Race school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1LJvcQs-c

... damn Porsche ... *uzi*

E30M42cab
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Man, not too shabby. That thing covers some serious ground. You only got destroyed by a yellow Porsche and Dimoff's M3... But daaamn that Porsche passed you like you were standing still, but never really got that far ahead of you after that.

DItalianJob
05-04-2011, 08:31 PM
The BMW Racing School at Mosport was the most fun I had on the track for a looong time. When you think you drive the maximum that the car (or you) can handle when you drive the "perfect line" in an School environment, wait until you go two wide down corner 2 or corner 4 when you want to pass some cars ... it is a rush I will not forget for a long time.

wow
that is an awesome video.*th-up*

nice job!

davericher20
05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
here's a link to the 800 photos I took that weekend.

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8845_1.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8856.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8873.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8902.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8138.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8307.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8828.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r83/davericher20/track%202011/IMG_8836.jpg

dble Trouble
05-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Holy S#^T! You weren't kidding when you said you took around 800 photos, there actually are over 800 photos! Wow!

E30M42cab
05-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Thats a lot of pictures for someone who stayed up too late drinking, shooting guns, and playing with fire all night. Not even too blurry for being all hung over. Nicely done!

davericher20
05-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Thats a lot of pictures for someone who stayed up too late drinking, shooting guns, and playing with fire all night. Not even too blurry for being all hung over. Nicely done!

That's why they call me "The Dave"

kamus
05-18-2011, 10:21 AM
^ lol at "The Dave" :)

Quick question: I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that he NEEDS to come to the school. He wants to but today he pointed out that he has a Z4 roadster, and was concerned there is a roll bar restriction? Can he bring his car to school?

cormier
05-18-2011, 07:51 PM

awesome video man and cool ride *th-up* stock m50? *sigh* one day i'll have an e30 race car :P

dble Trouble
05-18-2011, 08:18 PM

Quick question: I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that he NEEDS to come to the school. He wants to but today he pointed out that he has a Z4 roadster, and was concerned there is a roll bar restriction? Can he bring his car to school?

Hi Kam, the issue isn't so much the car as it is the car/driver relationship. IE. me (I'm short for those of you who don't know me) would fit no problem. But if you're tall then you may not pass what we call the broom stick rule. Seated in the driver's seat with a helmet on, you need to be able to have a broom stick sit on the windshield header to the roll hoop behind the seat and have a finger clearance above the helmet to the broom stick. For further clarification contact Scott Paterson our registrar.

But if he can make it he should. I truly believe in these schools from many aspects. For the enthusiast and your uninterested a to b drivers, I do believe these schools are beneficial to anybody and everyone as it improves smoothness, reaction time, car control, limitations and so on.......

Gleb
05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
I don''t think it will be a problem. I am twice the size of John (in every possible dimension, including doogles), had a student in a Z4 and I fit fine with or without the top up (helmet on, of course), just about a finger below the frame of the windshield.

kamus
05-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the ammo guys - I'll get to work on my friend. I'm a true believer too - this will be my third school.

E30M42cab
05-19-2011, 11:37 AM

We had two Z4's out to the last school, and both drivers fit without a problem.

Scott

T.Dot_E30
05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
So, who else is signed up for the June 4/5 school? Just about to pull the trigger...

richie_s999
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
So, who else is signed up for the June 4/5 school? Just about to pull the trigger...

I was planning on doing the June school this year, but have a wedding on the Saturday, so will be there Sunday showing some people around.

dble Trouble
05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I'll be there, I believe Rudy will be there, Scott will be there. That's what I know so far.............Hopefully Devon (redrocket) will make it as well as Graeme, Dave, and more.

Gleb
05-28-2011, 11:25 AM
If you're not there - you're THE GAY!

Chris_Bangle
05-28-2011, 02:40 PM
^ nothing promotes the Club better than misspelled bigotry *wave* fcplm

Gleb
05-29-2011, 05:53 PM
^ nothing promotes the Club better than misspelled bigotry *wave* fcplm

Sorry if I offended YOU ;)

cormier
05-30-2011, 05:10 PM

I'll be there, just got new SS brake lines in to try out too *th-up*

First time on the GP, did the DDT in april...

Does anyone know if there is camping Saturday night there?

T.Dot_E30
05-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Awesome!

Registered, Tech form complete, brake fluid flushed just need to swap my wheels on Friday.

E30M42cab
05-30-2011, 05:39 PM
There's still tonnes of room for more participants for this coming weekend. Get your techs done, and sign up!

dble Trouble
05-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Yup free camping available all w/e long! Decent washroom and shower facilities as well!

4doors
05-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Some of the advanced guys have been having an issue signing up for the Friday. That's been fixed. SIGN UP!

For instructors having an issue with event registration, we've noted some of them were slotted as Advanced, rather than Instructors. Those are fixed when we know about them. Don't be shy.

Students, this weekend is looking to be great weather-wise. Warm temps and no rain. Grip should be really good, especially Saturday.

E30M42cab
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
^^Haha, Rob's on Max!!!!!!

dble Trouble
05-31-2011, 11:12 PM
It took you this long to figure it out? LOL. He's been on here since last summer. You slow! No.......wait you beat a JCW, damn it........you fast.

E30M42cab
06-01-2011, 12:18 AM
bah, 13 posts, how am I to know?!! One post per month:rolleyes: Also, I barely knew Rob a year ago.

Anyways..............

.... I'm staying at your place on friday night. You know that, right?*par-t*

dble Trouble
06-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I figured. Anyone else need a place to stay this w/e reasonably close to Mosport let me know. I'm 45 minutes north.

E30M42cab
06-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Should I bring a potato gun?

nonlocal
06-01-2011, 02:19 AM
That potato gun is good clean fun. Never caused any harm to anything except people, structures and vehicles.

And potatoes.

4doors
06-01-2011, 06:45 AM
bah, 13 posts, how am I to know?!! One post per month:rolleyes:

It's high khoalaty stuff . . .

dble Trouble
06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
The BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter is in high need of volunteers for this w/e's event. Please contact me John_venditti at hotmail dot com to let me know your availability. In return you will get an event t-shirt and rewards towards our rewards program. If you're only available one day or the other, that's fine too, or half day or whatever you can give would be awesome!

E30M42cab
06-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I'll volunteer too look after all the beer tickets that don't get used.

dble Trouble
06-02-2011, 12:39 AM
*drink* Line up for that duty. The line starts right behind me! :cool:

E30M42cab
06-02-2011, 01:31 AM
You're driving, I'm not. You better just let me take care of it.

dble Trouble
06-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Uh..........I'm driving on track, you're driving back to my place! hahaha!

:puke:

cormier
06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
What's the spectator policy like this te around? Guests can sign a waiver and come watch right?

Gleb
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM
^^^ Right. Probably even mooch a ride.

E30M42cab
06-03-2011, 11:09 PM
What's the spectator policy like this te around? Guests can sign a waiver and come watch right?

What Gleb said. Find a guy with an "i" (for instructor) on his front/her windshield and find a helmet from the club trailer. Stand near pit wall and if someone gets dropped off, you can hop in.

dble Trouble
06-04-2011, 12:40 AM
We had a great day at the track today, and we're all geared up for the rest of the w/e. Weather is looking good.

If anyone on Max or anyone you know is available to come to Mosport to help out with basic volunteering duties, no prerequisite necessary please come to the track tomorrow am or Sunday am and find me, John Venditti. You'll get an events t-shirt and have a whole lot of fun.

cormier
06-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Beautiful day in store

Rampage
06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
^^ I spot my car! ;)

I had a great time, big thanks to all the instructors, organizers and volunteers!

dble Trouble
06-18-2011, 11:18 PM
For anyone considering attending our ADS (advanced driving school) in September, please register asap, as we have only 60 spots rather than the original 90 due to hosting the fall club race that weekend. No track time is sacrificed just room for 60 instead of 90 students. We do expect to sell out so avoid disappointment and register early.

A few things to remember, this is an accredited performance driving school, the only one in Canada to offer a tax receipt as your entrance fees are considered tuition. Our students have been receiving on average $125 tax return the following year per $499 tuition paid. That makes this the lowest cost and best way to get to Mosport.

For any questions please email me at john_venditti@hotmail.com

dble Trouble
08-11-2011, 09:02 PM
It's that time of the year to register for the next Performance Driving school at Mosport with the BMW Club of Canada - Trillium Chapter. If you were planning on it.......then register already! If you are on the fence drop me an email and I'll address any concerns you may have. john_venditti@hotmail.com Also, be sure to tell all your friends and family about our events and bring them out with you, we need maximum attendance to remain successful! Thanks, and see you out there!

doogee
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Scraping some funds together to attend!

T.Dot_E30
08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm down, Star Specs on order...

dble Trouble
08-12-2011, 11:46 PM
I'll be there, hopefully the tire god will be good to me and I'll have another set of rubber for that event. I'm out of track rubber for now!

At least I'll have whatever BMW Corporate is willing to give me at this event. We're getting a car to be used as the pace car for the club race.

kamus
08-27-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm ready for September - just ordered a set of Yokohama Advan A048 *par-t*

dble Trouble
08-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Awesome news Kam! The tire gods were GREAT to me and I got a set of Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs. Used them at the autocross and did really well. A lot better than usual.

We'll see you at Mosport in September!

dble Trouble
09-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Only 5 days away from our last event of the year at Mosport. And, only 3 days to register. All those that were waiting to the last minute. We're there, register now at www.trillium-bmwclub.ca

davericher20
09-05-2011, 11:59 PM
don't go John.

Come to my bachelor party instead.

doogee
09-06-2011, 12:45 AM
don't go John.

Come to my bachelor party instead.

Yeee

dble Trouble
09-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Why would I go to a sausage fest, instead of driving my car on one of the fastest race tracks in the world?

See you at the track Kurt!

doogee
09-07-2011, 07:50 PM
See you at the track Kurt!

Nope! :P

dble Trouble
09-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Nope! :P

Fail!

davericher20
09-08-2011, 02:26 AM
See you friday Kurt!
John, I'm in demand, I can't help it.

dble Trouble
09-08-2011, 10:32 PM
^^you fail too, my friend....you fail too!^^

E30M42cab
09-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Don't forget that Rudy has failed as well, haha. I guess he figures there's something cool going on at some place called Watkins Glen?

doogee
09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
I wish I could bring the M3 out, but it just isn't in the books!

Next year!

John you have to come out to the next track day!

dble Trouble
09-09-2011, 03:07 AM
I am going to the next track day, it's tomorrow sat and sun.

doogee
09-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Hahaha. I'll stop by Sunday. Too bad I couldnt get the car there :(

craz azn
09-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Don't forget that Rudy has failed as well, haha. I guess he figures there's something cool going on at some place called Watkins Glen?

*angel*

E30M42cab
09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
*angel*
You liked it so much, you drove there twice, hahafcplm

T.Dot_E30
09-13-2011, 11:22 AM
One of my videos from this weekend. GPS signal wasn't great so the speed and GPS is off.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Py1f4Q8hwD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIY
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
ARGH I need to check dates more often :( .... although this weekend I was welding my shift linkage so I could shift into reverse :P ... if I saw correctly theres an autocross in October? i'll be there!!!

T.Dot_E30
09-13-2011, 04:12 PM
ARGH I need to check dates more often :( .... although this weekend I was welding my shift linkage so I could shift into reverse :P ... if I saw correctly theres an autocross in October? i'll be there!!!

There is an autocross on Sept.25 and one in Oct. 15th.

If you ever want info on any car related events in the Toronto area (including all BMWCC events), check out my blog www.tdott.me and 'like' the facebook page for updates, I provide updates of whats going on during the weekend every friday.

DItalianJob
09-13-2011, 07:46 PM
had loads of fun this weekend... great group to track with and fantastic track.
*th-up*
here is a video i captured in one of the last session of Sunday...
-daniel

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QAjIxbtIIuY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T.Dot_E30
09-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Sweet video, the only time the GTR opened up the gap was on the back straight.

davericher20
09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
GTR = Pig,
mini =......well, a mini.

That's an awesome vid

philiprambo
01-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Its the best car i have.I like it very much.