CHARMOUS
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
any one from calgary

Mike30e
02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
yep... in the south east.

CHARMOUS
02-11-2011, 12:23 PM
YEA trying to get a bmw show and tell going this year ontario cant be having all the fun

Taunto
02-11-2011, 09:54 PM
hmm ill half to check it out. Im from Sylvan Lake. Going to calgary on sunday to check out a M3 thats for sale at Urban Motors.. Anyone know any history on this car?

Mike30e
02-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Looks clean, but do your homework on it for sure... I'd suggest taking it to Sheni's or Nurburgring for a thorough inspection...

Taunto
02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
to nurburgring? i think im confused lol, nurburgring is the race track in germany.. lol or is this the name of a shop in calgary?

Mike30e
02-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Ah, yeah, that's the name of the shop in Calgary... close to Chinook, beside the LRT station. 115 61st AVE SW, at the back.

Taunto
02-12-2011, 09:50 PM
oh ok. Sorry for the dumb question, just didnt know lol. Ya I most deff will check it out

Mike30e
02-13-2011, 03:47 AM
No problem... they do good work there. Ywon has a very nice e46 M3...

Taunto
02-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Well Looked at the M3 at Urban Motors, and another M3 for private sale. I love the carbon Black color with its Tan leather Interior. Loved the car. Didnt get to drive it due to all the snow and ice build up. Car started up after being boosted up, on a cold hard start not even a valve tick from the engine. Idled nice, sounded good. It is very low. Im in love with the car. Gonna be talking to the bank here soon and see what i can do...
I love the car and would love to have it for spring

bimmerpimp
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
hmm ill half to check it out. Im from Sylvan Lake. Going to calgary on sunday to check out a M3 thats for sale at Urban Motors.. Anyone know any history on this car?

Sylvan Lake here too

.....lemme know if you ever need an awesome tech in the future?

Taunto
02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Your from Sylvan, thats awesome. Ur a tech? licensed? or what year. Im a 4th year apprentice, so i have a good head on my shoulders on how to fix things, but if i do ever need another opinion or some help i'll let u know. Maybe once i get this new M3, we can go for a cruise in red deer in the summer some time. I got a buddy with a 70 Chevlle with a LS1 in it, with Twin 67mm turbo's over 700hp, 10.9 Seconds at 135mph lol. Its a nice car, work in progress and hes a great guy.

bimmerpimp
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
small world even on these big azz sites hey haha

yeah thatd be awesome to go for a cruise for sure, sure hope you get your car bro that'll be cool

My friend is a licensed tech, I'm a Firefighter in the Oil patch at the moment...

...my father and I built a 70 Chevelle for my sisters grad gift a number of yrs ago, def not 700 ponys tho lol

Taunto
02-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Does ur friend work in town? what shop?

bimmerpimp
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
no he works out of his own shop just off Aspuland (sp) road towards BF

CHARMOUS
02-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Sylvan Lake here too

.....lemme know if you ever need an awesome tech in the future?

i do need a tech

Taunto
02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Whats wrong with your car? im a 4th year apprentice and a buddy of mine that i work with use to work for calgary BMW so im sure between me or him we could figure it out. Are you having any problems with the car? or noises or what

CHARMOUS
02-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Think the vanus needs to be done both rear bearings to be done exhaust leak rear windows and sunroof won't open and horn won't work thats all I can think of now where are you located I'm in Calgary

Taunto
02-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Im from Sylvan Lake. Why do you think the Vanus needs to be done? is it making noise or something?

CHARMOUS
02-19-2011, 08:51 PM
There is a ticking noice coming from the vanus cover plus I wouldn't mind changing it and doing a complete service

Taunto
02-19-2011, 09:38 PM
is it a M3? what year? and does it tick on cold start? or when hot and bringing the RPM's up

CHARMOUS
02-19-2011, 10:10 PM
It's a 93 320i. Also have a plans to get a euro m3 motor during the summer that I'll defiantly need sone one to install the ticking iv only noticed today the car had been running for about a hr when heard it but I remember that same ticking noice from my 98 328i and that's what my mechanic had changed

Taunto
02-19-2011, 10:57 PM
hmm, ya id half to hear and take a look at it. I dont really have any room at my place or even a hoist. Only thing i could suggest would wait till the end of march if u can, and bring it here to sylvan lake Candian Tire, its where me and my other buddy are switching jobs to, cause well Rocky Mountain Dodge is a junk pile of place to work for and not making any money, plus its in town way cheaper on gas. If you do decide to take that route, the soft opening day of the new store is March 24, if you do come feel free to request Justin to work on it and that will be me. If you can not wait that long, then maybe bigpimpin's buddy just outside of red deer may be a better deal to look at, i know for a fact from what he said as a shop rate its about half the rate that candian tire will be. i think our shop will be $99 an hour i think, Anyway im sorry im not much help. Maybe if you could make a video of the sound your hearing and post it up, we can all take a look at it and ill show it to my buddy and see what he says as well. I know that Ywon at Nurburgring Shop over by Chinook mall is good, or so i hear, he knows his BMW's and have heard nothing but good things from him, could also stop in at this shop and see what he has to say

Taunto
02-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Ya the bank Called me back today and said no can do :( oh well i guess. Ill half to start saving some more money i guess