PDA

View Full Version : 318is slicktop

emdog16
02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
I bought this car a while ago as an easy fix clean project. I just don't have the time as I have tons of other projects on the go along with university etc. I just need to get rid of it. The body is in good shape besides the obvious damage. All of the suspension bushings are in good nick, the car still handles tight. The shifter bushings are all tight and it still shifts great.
The damage: The car was backed into by what looks like a lifted truck. So the hood "volcano'd" up and the front rad support was pushed back about an inch and a half. Everything is still working engine wise, light wise etc. The front bumper wasn't even damaged. I have driven the car and it still drives great. The damage truly was minimal. Very easy fix... Also the rear valence is rusty and slightly torn up from where the toe truck guy who had no clue what he was doing hooked it up and bent it all out of shape. Other than that the car is in remarkable shape.
As far as I can remember the car has a clean title. It has 226482km's on the clock. I have not been able to find any rust on the car besides the bend up rusted rear valence.

Car is located in Windsor Ontario area price is $1300 firm. I need to get out what I put into it.

Sorry for the dirty pictures, i took them before I cleaned the car.

JINT
02-06-2011, 01:23 PM
ouch, pricy!

MBrown
02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
not to be a downer but 2k is insane, I'd say realistically this should go for about 400-500 bucks.

GL though OP!

emdog16
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
The pics aren't doing me any justice... It really is a clean car and the price is obo. It literally needs a new rad support and hood to be fixed. But yes 2K is a little much. This is by no means anywhere even near a parts car.

325isStephen
02-06-2011, 03:15 PM
The pics aren't doing me any justice... It really is a clean car and the price is obo. It literally needs a new rad support and hood to be fixed. But yes 2K is a little much. This is by no means anywhere even near a parts car.

Disagreed. The fact that it needs a rad support means its a parts car. That's well over 2k worth of damage to the car, therefore its only good for parts.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:17 PM
hood> 50 bucks, rad support> 50 bucks...
Not even close to 2K worth of damage.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
^^^ Used parts,

about 300-400 in brand new parts from cross canada.

325isStephen
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
your forgetting the rad support is WELD IN, I don't know of anyone that will cut out a good rad support for 50 bucks, let alone welding one in straight onto a car. I don't think a good black hood or good black fender would cost 50 bucks either. Also going to need a headlight assembly and new grills.

edit: Even if that was the cost of parts, the labour and paint involved would cost much more then that. The car in good running condition would be worth 2000.00 without the damage. Let alone 1700.00 with a smashed front end.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:22 PM
What about those who could do it them selves? It's really not a difficult task.

325isStephen
02-06-2011, 03:26 PM
What about those who could do it them selves? It's really not a difficult task.

If someone can repair it themselves, their only going to buy it if it's a good deal. Why pay out the ass when you could just buy a car that's road worthy for the same money.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
so make me an offer?

325isStephen
02-06-2011, 03:35 PM
so make me an offer?

Car isn't worth fixing to me. As far as someone wanting it as a parts car, i'd say its worth around 300.00

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:37 PM
You obviously haven't bought a parts car before :). Standard price for a parts car is 500. Seeing as this car is rust free with low KM's etc. It's worth more.

325isStephen
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
You obviously haven't bought a parts car before :). Standard price for a parts car is 500. Seeing as this car is rust free with low KM's etc. It's worth more.

Lol, I currently have 3 e30's and have owned just shy of 10 e30's most of them being parts cars. The last one I bought was for 320.00, another I bought for 300.00, I once paid 800.00 for one, however it came with many upgrades including suspension, two sets of wheels, two transmissions, and many other extra's. I have also parted a mk3 vr6 and most recently an sr20det swapped 240sx.

What I see of value when I look at your car is maybe the weaves that have missing caps, the shadowline trim, plastic bumpers, and maybe the mtech 1 steering wheel. Other then that the car looks pretty beat, m42's aren't really sellable for any decent amount of money, and the seats look like crap, also many things missing from the interior.

You don't buy a parts car to lose money or break even, you buy it to make a profit, I have been very successful in profiting over 1000.00 for every parts car I have purchased while keeping many parts for myself. I'm no stranger to e30's, I don't know everything, but I certainly know what a parts car is worth to me. I don't doubt you could get 500.00 for it, but I feel that person would be over paying.

Also, a car being rust free and low kms does very little for increasing value when it comes to a parts car.

T.Dot_E30
02-06-2011, 03:49 PM

He has parted out several e30s, he knows what he is talking about, I also bought a parts car for $200 for 5spd swap parts. It was a 4dr and had no body damage, it was just leaking fuel, which was an easy fix but i still parted it out.

GLWS.You'll have to find the right buyer to get over $1k.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes I do agree, It's not a good parts car. it's a good project car. it would be cheap and easy to fix. A good starting point.

craz azn
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I agree with everyone in this thread... you'd be lucky to get more than parts car money for it. Rad support, rear taillight panel bent, rusted out rear valance... BTW if an E30 is that rusty there, I'll bet my car there is a few more holes hiding elsewhere around the car.

emdog16
02-06-2011, 07:17 PM
it's surface rust... because it got mangled when the tow truck guy didn't hook up to the tow eye...

MBrown
02-06-2011, 09:14 PM
lol OP you're not going to fool anyone on a knowledgable forum like this. If anyone here offered you 400-500 bucks for it you'd be insane not to take it and run.

02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
"Other than that the car is in remarkable shape".....lol:D

defaultName
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
If you decide to part it out then there is a bunch of parts I would be interested in.

If you want to sell the car as a whole for less then I may be interested in that as well.

E30M42cab
02-14-2011, 06:17 PM
This car wants to be stripped. Pronto. I'll take the passenger side door moulding when you're ready. Thanks!

craz azn
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
This car wants to be stripped. Pronto. I'll take the passenger side door moulding when you're ready. Thanks!

+1. Rear center console (if not damaged) and door seals for me please!

defaultName
02-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Back off vultures!!! I need so many things it's not even funny!

You're not supposed to be buying parts!

+1. Rear center console (if not damaged) and door seals for me please!

Does your car have heated seats? I'm looking for a console without holes for heated seat switches (mine currently has them). Maybe we could trade?

craz azn
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry, I've already got one of each. I just wanted to get a minty console without the switch holes.

E30M42cab
02-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Does your car have heated seats? I'm looking for a console without holes for heated seat switches (mine currently has them). Maybe we could trade?

I have a couple of those lying around... I should swing by your place and check out your progress one of these nights.

defaultName
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I should swing by your place and check out your progress one of these nights.

Progress? What progress? All I've been doing is waiting for parts! So frustrating...

My ICV hasn't arrived yet and I can't move the car without it. When I get it going I am going to take the car to my in-laws house. It's got a double garage that is nice and empty so I can really work on it... Just as long as I get it back together before he is back from vacation!!!

I'm in Mississauga so if you're ever in the area let me know and you can pass by.

emdog16
02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Decided to keep the car, it's a clean shell and no one wants it so I'll just make it a race car.
Thanks anyway,

Thread can be locked.

SamE30e
02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Surface rust? In the E30 world, that phrase doesn't exist.

And if by race car you mean dirt track/Demo derby car... Go buck.