PDA

View Full Version : Windows wont open!!

iverson03tj
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey guys,

So last night, i decided to smoke in my car, *thmbsdwn* *drink*, so while i was driving i noticed the sunroof was open really slowly...
And when i did get home.. it stopped working.... so i found the 6 point allen, snd turned it.. which i had to use a good amount of force... And i called it a day after closing it,

This morning.. my windows dont close??? i dont understand y.. i didnt take out anything that was electrical...And the windows do work, because when i open my door the window goes down a bit... is there something i did wrong??

Also this is on my 92 325i, i got a 96 328is cna i take the sunroof motor from that one, and put it in thie 325???

zackman17
11-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey guys,

So last night, i decided to smoke in my car, *thmbsdwn* *drink*, so while i was driving i noticed the sunroof was open really slowly...
And when i did get home.. it stopped working.... so i found the 6 point allen, snd turned it.. which i had to use a good amount of force... And i called it a day after closing it,

This morning.. my windows dont close??? i dont understand y.. i didnt take out anything that was electrical...And the windows do work, because when i open my door the window goes down a bit... is there something i did wrong??

Also this is on my 92 325i, i got a 96 328is cna i take the sunroof motor from that one, and put it in thie 325???

what the hell were you smoking? LOL sounds like electrical to me check fuses?

iverson03tj
11-25-2010, 12:28 PM
what the hell were you smoking? LOL sounds like electrical to me check fuses?

I smoked the green Goblin :P

But yes imma check right now!!!!
Checked it and the fuses are good....

I dont get why the windows dont work...

zackman17
11-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I smoked the green Goblin :P

But yes imma check right now!!!!
Checked it and the fuses are good....

I dont get why the windows dont work...

did you check all the connections if there is a loos connection it might screw everything else up. my one switch was loose in the e30 so none of the windows worked

Eurostyle
11-25-2010, 01:03 PM
They don't have a fuse, should be a breaker by the steering column, make sure it's not popped!

Dr. Flyview
11-25-2010, 04:00 PM
They do have a fuse. After my first max meet (very similar smoking story haha), my windows and sunroof wouldn't close! It was some fuse...

I think only the '92s have that breaker by the steering column.

Ceeker
11-25-2010, 04:04 PM
They do have a fuse. After my first max meet (very similar smoking story haha), my windows and sunroof wouldn't close! It was some fuse...

I think only the '92s have that breaker by the steering column.

ok!!!! so does it have a fuse or no fuse because now I'm con-fused...lol.

iverson03tj
11-25-2010, 05:45 PM

I checked all the connectors around the sunroof motor and its all connected, and thats the only thing i touched.. before it stoped working...

Tommorow imma check for the breaker

damameke
11-25-2010, 07:55 PM

lmao... good one...

doogee
11-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes there is a fuse.

nachos23
11-25-2010, 08:27 PM
According to Mitchell's. The 1998 (if your sig is correct) 328is has 3 fuses controlling sunroof and power windows. Fuse 1 is for sliding/tilt roof/folding top, 14 is for front windows and 19 for rear windows. If all aren't working, you're not looking @ a fuse for sure..... unless you managed to cook 2-3 fuses simultaneously. All are 30A fuses.

nachos23
11-25-2010, 08:29 PM
when you were smoking the green goblin :P, maybe someone stole the motors while you weren't looking.....:D *sad*

tg07lq
12-11-2010, 01:42 PM
fuse and a breaker. i have both lol also could be the comfort relay (92 only i think)
the breaker thing threw me off for ages when i hit it with my knee one time.