PDA

View Full Version : straight pipe/eisenmann/AA???

tyler328is
11-23-2010, 10:37 AM
hey guys this winter i plan on doing my exhaust..
i want it to really scream, i live in a small town, pretty well in the country so its not really an issue.
i seen a few straight pipe vids on youtube and i love them .. but i didnt know if it would reduce hp or be hard on the engine..
ive got dinan s3 setup
i also like the sounds of AA race exhaust and Eisenmann race.. so i was leaning more towards straight pipe if it doesnt hurt my car.. let me know what you think!!
Thanks!

Steve30
11-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Try and find a quality catback. Straight pipe will probably annoy the hell out of you (and your town) eventually. Stromung, Eisenmann and AA are some good choices, stromung being my favourite.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
The race exhaust is sick, but the eissenman race is utterly insane. If you are interested in either or PM me, as we are distributors for both products.

The race setup/track pipe setup will make you loose torque, but the 95 M3 (esp 325i) has a VERY restrictive midsection (where the 02 joins). We did a 325is S/C with 10psi, first dyno was about 237rwhp. M3 cams, and OBD2 midsection and slight retune brought it to 297rwhp!

Of course you can add 3.2L M3 parts + catback and still get a good gain + nice sound.

Since you dont care about loudness:
AA track pipe +eissenman race would be an amazing combo!

We have the whole setup here (AA headers, track pipe and exhaust) if you'd like to see it..

tyler328is
11-23-2010, 10:54 AM
how much for track pipe and exhuast??
I know headers are quite expensive i might not be able to afford them until summertime...

Jon@Bimmersport
11-23-2010, 11:16 AM
PM's replied.

InfiniteDice
11-23-2010, 11:25 AM
The only thing that will really annoy you is the droning. I had the cat gutted, resonator removed and out to a Flowmaster 60... it was a deep bark, but on the highway you'd be deafened after 5 minutes. Removing the resonator gave a nice off throttle gurgle and pop.

If you want something cheap you could fab up a straight pipe with glasspack or two, like cherry bombs. Not sure how that would sound but they are pretty cheap.

InfiniteDice
11-23-2010, 11:28 AM
listen to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnyNorCqlk

doogee
11-23-2010, 01:19 PM
listen to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnyNorCqlk

Sounds pretty terrible. Don't forget the OP has two more cylinders :P

InfiniteDice
11-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I never gave an opinion, there is a link in youtube with a similar setup used on a 325i under related videos.

Everyone likes different sounds.

rider-.
11-23-2010, 03:45 PM
resize your sig its huge!!!