PDA

View Full Version : Starter issues

Dysantic
10-23-2010, 12:25 AM
So my car has been having a little trouble starting the last little while and has nothing to do with the weather. It seems to only happen when the car sits for a long time or if I drive it for a short while and it doesn't completly warm up and I try to start it within an hour or so of parking it.

It is really stupidly complicated, but last time I was at RMP thankfully Rocco heard it and said he was pretty sure it was the starter. It's not to the point where it doesn't start or takes forever to start, but it normally only takes 2 tries and it starts up.

Either way, I am thinking of getting it fixed sooner rather than later. What I was wondering is which route I should go with it. Is it better to just have it rebuilt, get a used one from a lower km car (my car is just approaching 207,000) or should I get a new one, if thats even possible.

Thanks for any help

Daneee
10-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Either way, I am thinking of getting it fixed sooner rather than later. What I was wondering is which route I should go with it. Is it better to just have it rebuilt, get a used one from a lower km car (my car is just approaching 207,000) or should I get a new one, if thats even possible.

Thanks for any help
rebuilt*th-up*
Canadian tire $150 + your old starter
I think Kurt bought one from C.tire:rolleyes:

moneymaker
10-25-2010, 12:35 PM
My car has the exact same starter issues you are describing. Let me know which route you decide to take, as I'd like to get my starter fixed before winter comes!

Jon@Bimmersport
10-25-2010, 05:31 PM
My car has the exact same starter issues you are describing. Let me know which route you decide to take, as I'd like to get my starter fixed before winter comes!

Reason: So I can have no hassle/issue of starting in winter and have 0 potential for getting stranded

Options: Used starter, or NEW bosch unit

At the prices stated, go new.