PDA

View Full Version : AfterMarket/Special Order mirrors on my car?

Bimmer p.i.
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I have been looking at a lot of E36's and have yet to see one with the same mirrors as mine has - they are a 2-arm style instead of one thicker arm attaching it to the A-pillar and the lenses are really small.

Did these come with the car, or would they have been added after? I know that the power adjust works on them so I have assume that they came with the car - just have not seen another with them yet.

Daneee
10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
I have been looking at a lot of E36's and have yet to see one with the same mirrors as mine has - they are a 2-arm style instead of one thicker arm attaching it to the A-pillar and the lenses are really small.

Did these come with the car, or would they have been added after? I know that the power adjust works on them so I have assume that they came with the car - just have not seen another with them yet.

M3 mirrors
OEM or aftermarket...

craz azn
10-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Those are aftermarket M3 mirrors. Yours are easily distinguishable replicas because the base is two pieces, whereas the real version is one. However there are replicas also with one piece bases, but its pretty difficult to tell. The ones with signal lights in the mirrors are also fake jobbies too.

FYI: Real OEM Mirror

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/image/body/body_e36m3_mirror_lg.jpg

Bimmer p.i.
10-14-2010, 12:56 PM
ahhhhhh - I see, now. ok thanks. I checked and there is a stamp on the inside of the mirir housing with the name and serial number from the A/M manufacturer - KVR or something like that. I'd have to look again to recall.