PDA

View Full Version : POST CAT o2 Sensors part of CLOSED LOOP?

sparkybp
09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Some are saying that the post cat o2 sensors only light up a check engine light if the threshold is not within its set parameters. What if they are completely removed from the connectors, will it stop the car from going into closed loop and run rich? I'm just trying to figure out if I just failed my e-test because I didn't have the post cat sensors in or because the cat is a piece of poo.

MarkD
09-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Some are saying that the post cat o2 sensors only light up a check engine light if the threshold is not within its set parameters. What if they are completely removed from the connectors, will it stop the car from going into closed loop and run rich? I'm just trying to figure out if I just failed my e-test because I didn't have the post cat sensors in or because the cat is a piece of poo.

What are the test results? They will tell the story of what is going on. Do you have high HC or NOx? I don't think the emissions test is allowed to be a PASS if the CEL is on, but I could be wrong.

sparkybp
12-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey, you're right they didn't pass the car, but I did manage to get a conditional. If you guys are having trouble passing an e36 give me a shout i've got a couple tricks up my sleeve for a conditional pass which gives you another two years to get rid of the car or fix it. Either or, but you cannot sell it unless you sell it as is.