PDA

View Full Version : i did something terrible

zerosignal
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
i was sittin in my car waiting for my gf.... bored i pulled my shifter knob off, hahaha, but really, when i put the knob back in place and gave it a wack to secure it ... tang!! something broke, now the shifter stick has vertical play of an inch at least, reverse is damn tricky to get, and if idling i can push down on it and can feel something grinding the bottom of it...... qurey: what did i just **** up???

ACS_DAN
09-21-2010, 07:20 PM
You probably knocked the ball of the shifter out of its "cup".

CoEEzi
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
+1 I think it would be the cup as well. If the teeth dont go back into place. Just get another one from the dealer for ~ 10 bucks,

zerosignal
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Those messages gave me the confidence to get in there and pull apart everything and see that it wasn't the ball+cup. It was this rubber thing just behind the ball+cup that holds the whole thing steady, I threaded the fabric handle of my G/Fs alize bag under the ball+cup and just pulled up, pulled hard as hell and she poped back into place. ;) thnks.

sparkybp
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
bahahahah props for using female companions accesories to fix your baby:) hahaha

InfiniteDice
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
The ball is not likely to come loose, It's held in by a big c-clip on the earlier platform version, and a screw in plastic clip/cup on the aluminarm version.

Aluminarm.... my word. lol

zerosignal
09-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah my G/f thought it was very manly of me..... hahaha Aluminarm lol nice, sweeet e30. Very classy