PDA

View Full Version : I think my thread disappeared?

kamus
09-16-2010, 09:40 AM
(Hoping this is the best place to ask about a missing thread)

I started a new thread Off-Topic, about author Richard Dawkins message to the pope. Can't see it today. If the thread violated forum rules, I'd just like to know which ones - for future reference - I'm not looking to argue the decision. If the thread provoked complaints, please advise as to the nature of the complaints.

Cheers!

propr'one
09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't know if it broke any specific rules, the mods may have just thought it likely to start a riot. I had a dawkins quote in my sig for a long time, no one ever said anything about it to me, though.

Dado 540
09-24-2010, 03:58 AM
i had a thread disappear as well once. it was in regards to automotive, still gone.

Bliss
09-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Threads/posts do unfortunately disappear from time to time as they are removed by the mods and myself. As propr'one mentioned, if we presume that a thread may create personal, negative controversy to only become a bashing war, it's usually removed. Religious topics usually fall into that category so we tend to remove them. Hope that clears up the confusion. :)

kamus
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the clarification. It's unfortunate. There's a very real legal campaign seeking to deny the nation status of the Vatican, and therefore the immunity of the pope. I was merely interested in the members thoughts on that. But you have more experience than i do of the 'bashing wars' that may have arisen amongst this audience in the past - so no hard feelings ;)