PDA

View Full Version : Best place for install? (iPhone integration)

grapebimmer
09-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Guys,

I'm debating whether to get a Dension 100 or a BSW DICE and wondering who 'the community' recommends to do the install in the GTA (Toronto)...

mirek
09-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I ordered a USA SPEC PA12, (search amazon.com) cost me about 130$, and was a simple install in the trunk. I have a spare ipod and just keep it in my trunk at all times, and it charges it too!

grapebimmer
09-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks, that's interesting, but I need to have the cable available in the compartment above the ash try. So far I've been recommended Kromer and Nu-Tek. While Nu-Tek is a hulluva love cheaper, they have mixed reviews.

syedali
09-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks, that's interesting, but I need to have the cable available in the compartment above the ash try. So far I've been recommended Kromer and Nu-Tek. While Nu-Tek is a hulluva love cheaper, they have mixed reviews.

Did you get around to install this yet ?

grapebimmer
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Did you get around to install this yet ?

Not yet :-(

I've been distracted with other things... front brakes and winter rubber are priority. I'll know better in a few weeks.

I have talked to Vince and Auto F/X on Dupont/Dufferin, they seem to be pretty reasonable. I have to give them a deposit and book an appointment.

Another thing is actually getting an iPhone 4, which has proven to be rather difficult :-( My 3G will have to do for now.

mirek
09-22-2010, 01:16 PM

The cable is 15ft long, you can run it to your sunglass compartment no problem.

http://www.amazon.com/USA-SPEC-PA12-BMW-vehicle-interface/dp/B000SKUBWE

Buy that, and take it to Chase audio in Scarborough, they'll install it for you properly, shouldn't take more than an hour.

grapebimmer
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
The cable is 15ft long, you can run it to your sunglass compartment no problem.

http://www.amazon.com/USA-SPEC-PA12-BMW-vehicle-interface/dp/B000SKUBWE

Buy that, and take it to Chase audio in Scarborough, they'll install it for you properly, shouldn't take more than an hour.

Thanks! I'm definitely gonna look into that!

mirek
09-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks! I'm definitely gonna look into that!

best decision i've made for sure, i reviewed the dice and some others before I decided to go with the USASpec which was recommended by another member here. You won't regret it :)

syedali
10-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Installed my USA-Spec over the weekend. Pretty simple install...and i'm loving the results !