PDA

View Full Version : WTF, just heard a pop and now I got no power

Shamis
04-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Ok i turned my car to the ON posisiton and i heard a pop and then my power cut off.

Did I A) pop a fuse
or B) KIll my battery (maybe i left something on or somethin.....

if its A) is there a fuse that controls the overall power supply??

What fuses should I check???

Shamis
04-04-2003, 12:30 AM
im pretty sure its just the battteries dead though..... I did leave my subs on and was chillin in the car b4 for a while in the cold listenin to music.....

But i never heard it pop b4, could have been my subs turning off without power but i dunno

If my battery was ok but i poped a main fuse would my windows work??

SickFinga
04-04-2003, 12:35 AM
if you battery is dead, you started usually make ticking sound when you try to start the car.

Shamis
04-04-2003, 12:36 AM
No no noise at all

nothing happens when I trz and start the car

Predator_e36
04-04-2003, 12:41 AM
did u try to boosting the car?

need help call me 647 273 6462

MACI4LIFE
04-04-2003, 12:45 AM
here's my suggestion.

Sell your car and buy a bicycle. You have way too much bad luck!!!!!!

Shamis
04-04-2003, 12:47 AM
no i havnt tried to booost the car zet

its too cold out now to take the car out of the garage and get it all boosted up

ill wait till tommorow

tlaselva
04-04-2003, 12:50 AM
If you heard a pop, sounds like you blew the main fuse.
Check your fuse box, or wherever the main fuse is. Not sure where it would be on a E36.

Shamis
04-04-2003, 12:53 AM
Do You know which colour it might be??

Rolled_Out
04-04-2003, 01:54 AM
should be the really fat cream/beige coloured one...

Predator_e36
04-04-2003, 02:22 AM
do u have a lest light check it?

u should try boostin it first then go from there, u need anyways

it could of been ur amp turnin off or on
and u subs turnin off or on

Shamis
04-04-2003, 02:44 AM
ya im gonna boost it after it stops raining ice

BimmiN
04-04-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by MACI4LIFE
here's my suggestion.

Sell your car and buy a bicycle. You have way too much bad luck!!!!!!

Haha.... I was thinking the same thing. :D

mkgino
04-04-2003, 05:28 AM
Yeah seriously. That car has been nothing but trouble since you have gotten it. I would have sold it a long time ago and gotten another E36

BMW_7
04-04-2003, 03:03 PM
Or you should have gotten a '96 E36 like me. A newer and reliable car is always better than an older car, even if it has less power. You should have gotten a 318 since you can't handle the speed anyways. And get a manual so you'd be preoccupied with something! :D A '92 - holy shit, that's 11 years old...

Seriously, I think Shamis is a disgrace to BMW. Should have gotten a Civic or something...

Shamis
04-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by BMW_7
Or you should have gotten a '96 E36 like me. A newer and reliable car is always better than an older car, even if it has less power. You should have gotten a 318 since you can't handle the speed anyways. And get a manual so you'd be preoccupied with something! :D A '92 - holy shit, that's 11 years old...

Seriously, I think Shamis is a disgrace to BMW. Should have gotten a Civic or something...

WHUT IS UR ****ING BEEF*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

When im pimpin my rebuilt 93 Bmw with a m3 tranny and madd potent styles you can have ur disgrace....

I think ur jealous that I have a TV.....

And how come I cant post a question without people nagging. Im gonna make this car madd swet when im done with it.

-=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]
04-04-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Shamis
WHUT IS UR ****ING BEEF*uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi* *uzi*

When im pimpin my rebuilt 93 Bmw with a m3 tranny and madd potent styles you can have ur disgrace....

I think ur jealous that I have a TV.....

And how come I cant post a question without people nagging. Im gonna make this car madd swet when im done with it.

guy chill..everyone keeps nagging you bout your car, because you keep f**king it up nicely, and then keep posting shit about what you gone and done, happens on a daily basis now.

I dont reply to any of this shit because i could frankly give a rats ass about how you keep tearing up your car, its your car and you can do whatever the hell you want to with it.

and as far as you "pimpin my rebuilt 93 Bmw with a m3 tranny and madd potent styles" buddy be realistic.. no offense it seems that you can't even afford to fix the problems you are having with the car, you probably would have been better off with a civic where repairs are cheaper, but hey its your choice... just tryin to explain to you why people keep "nagging" you bout your car..

and shut the F**k up already about your damn TV. im honeslty starting to think the main point of you buying your car was because of this damn thing.

BMW BMXer
04-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by -=[[f|L@pJ@cK=]

and as far as you "pimpin my rebuilt 93 Bmw with a m3 tranny and madd potent styles" buddy be realistic.. no offense it seems that you can't even afford to fix the problems you are having with the car, you probably would have been better off with a civic where repairs are cheaper, but hey its your choice... just tryin to explain to you why people keep "nagging" you bout your car..

and shut the F**k up already about your damn TV. im honeslty starting to think the main point of you buying your car was because of this damn thing.

Ya dude, Shamis your car has/had potential. It may have been a nice car once. I think the PO sold you a modded up lemon and you got suckerd.

Get a bently, stop hitting stuff and fix your shit before modding.

If you did pop a fuse don't just change it find out why. Maybe it was because of your TV bro...

Fernando
04-04-2003, 04:06 PM
You have got to be kidding, no-one has this much problems with a car.

If it true then I can only suggest one thing, TTC!

Fern

djcontra
04-04-2003, 04:11 PM
The popping sound is a fuse blowing.
There are fuses under the hood and I believe there are more under the driver's side footwell. Check that one too if you dont see any blown in the engine compartment panel.

I always blow fuses because of my HID's or my stereo heh, but they're really cheap to replace so I dont mind, i'd rather blow a hundred fuses than burn up my wiring harness or destroy my hid ballasts

Autotechnica
04-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Shamis,

Honestly, I would take the advice of your fellow members. I know it seems like their putting you down. But the moment I first heard that you bought a modified 325 and saw the condition of the car, it was obvious the owner sold it because it had problems and had been abused. I would get rid of it as soon as you fix it up to working condition. Eat up your losses and maybe find a "stock" BMW as another member suggested a 5 speed 318. I'm sure it's faster and a heck of a lot more fun to drive than your current car.

Good luck bro.

Bryan

Kal
04-04-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BMW_7

hey man...this was uncalled for

the guy is admitting his mistakes and telling us his car problems. Don't put the guy down for that.

He wants your advice, not ur insults

BMW_7
04-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Kal

the guy is admitting his mistakes and telling us his car problems. Don't put the guy down for that.

Well then why is every second thread he says he has even more problems and whines that he has no money to fix his bumper? I can see that he only bought the BMW for the 'cool' factor and is not prepared to accept the responsibbility of it. Like I said, he'd be better of with a modded Civic. His "ballin whore" presonality is very well suited for something like that.

KennyTheGreat
04-04-2003, 05:05 PM
hey Sam,

you could do what you were telling me before, Take out the Ice system and other shit that you wanted and sell the car itself and buy a new car to put the Ice setup ETC in.

anyhow

goodluck on fixing your car

Ken

BMW_7
04-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by KennyTheGreat
hey Sam,

you could do what you were telling me before, Take out the Ice system and other shit that you wanted and sell the car itself and buy a new car to put the Ice setup ETC in.

anyhow

goodluck on fixing your car

Ken

That's what I had in mind..

Predator_e36
04-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Shamis
did u call me last night?

if u did, i'm sorry i didn't pick it, i left in the car, i didn't know u were goin to call

anyways, did u get goin now?

Bill Gates
04-05-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Kal

i agree, give the guy a break.

but Shamis, you should treat your car with a little more TLC. that way she'll keep you smilin' when u drive it. *th-up*

ZiMMie
04-05-2003, 02:14 AM
yea people dont do that to our members.... he just need help.....
anyways cuz i think is a fuse... am postive is one of the big ass fuses...

MACI4LIFE
04-05-2003, 08:19 PM
getting a 318 5-speed would honestly be an awesome idea.

I was personnally thinking of doing the same thing. Even though it is a 2.5, the 5 does waste a lot of gas still. Ever since i got the bike, i have just been thinking of fuel economy.

The way i see my 5 is.... my 5 with the manual transmission is equal to a 325 with an automatic ( power wise, and my own opinion. ) So using that logic i'd figure a standard 318 would have the same power as a 325 automatic also. Plus i'd be saving money on fuel. Besides aren't bmw's known for their great 4 bangers???

As for your car Shamis.

Only you can decide what you want to do with your car. I would honestly consider stripping everything that you modded on the car and transfer it to the next 3 that you get.

dtthiaga
04-05-2003, 11:17 PM
I would really suggest you sell the car and get another one. If youíre going to mod it, start with a good base.

I see that 92 325is sell around $10,000 to $15,000. Not sure how many KM you have, but correct me if Iím wrong but you bought that for around $12,000.

A newer, lower KM 318is is around that price range. 95 with 100K, is about $12,000. Buy a 5SPD!!!!!!

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Enlarged.asp?strPic=2703599&strYear=1995&strMake=BMW&strModel=318IS&strMile=106000&strPrice=12500&region=100&makeid=688&Categoryid=1&CAT=1

Pull all the stuff you want from the current car and get rid of it. Try to trade it inÖ youíll save on the taxes. Iím sure maxbimmer members might have stock parts you could buy to put your current car is resalable condition (stock wheels, stereo etc).

I personally wouldnít put any money into it. Do you know the history on the carÖ flood damage perhaps???

Iím not trying to give you a hard time. Iíve gone through the pains of owing a Lemon BMW. I couldnít take the endless repairs. I cut my losses and got into another BMW.

Good luck.