PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs---->

1BADBMW
04-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Have you changed your springs yourself? what tools do i need? is it hard? how lomg will it normally take for 4 springs to be changed? is there a site that has photos and instruction in it?..tanx*th-up* *shiner*

Soldo
04-03-2003, 11:09 PM
my buddy had his shocks changed at a mechanic and it took about 2 hours!!!
its the same deal cause you have to take the springs off to get to the shocks!
and i know your gonna need a SPRING COMPRESSOR, i was told that you can rent one from canadian tire, for free!!
shouldn't be THAT hard!

Predator_e36
04-04-2003, 12:29 AM
u should never take off spring off a car, it's a tickin bomb,

"KIDS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME"

thake it from a pro :)

325iSBimmer
04-04-2003, 12:42 AM
i too work at a grage and i highly discourage u trying to change ur springs urself....even with the canadian tire spring compressor..... those springs are on there with so much force that it can actually take you arm clean off!!!

Brandon_Ottawa
04-04-2003, 05:41 AM
For those of you that plan on lowering your car and have auto leveling xenons...

disconnect your auto leveling arm that connects to the control arm on the front passenger side of the car. (the small plastic auto leveling arm will break if you lower the car without disconnecting it first)

MP328
04-04-2003, 07:26 AM
http://www.logun.org/suspension.htm

it is for shocks as well but i think u can figure out how to do springs only with this little link

1BADBMW
04-04-2003, 03:25 PM
thanks for the tips...the thing is i have to remove the springs from my part ar and put them on my drive car! which makes the job double! if i had the springs in the box i would take it to a mechanic shop! problem is, the part car doesn't run and it's in my garage, so i have to do it myself!...i think i'll give it a try!

BMW BMXer
04-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Im doing my springs in my auto shops garage, I have done springs before.