PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my E34..please

mtech
04-03-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi, I got a question for my 1989 535i. My question is the temp. guage is nor working properly. In the summer, most of the time it work like normal ( right at the middle). But sometimes when I step on the gas, it just drop all the way down right before my eyes and when I stopped at the light it will rise up back on itself, and also sometimes it rising up and down while cruising on the road. In the winter, the guage will not move up to the middle for entire winter and I think the guage itself is not dead yet cause when I start off the car, the needle will just move a tiny bit( close to the BLUE colour zone). As for the situation in the winter time, I do get heat inside the car, that's weird. Would that be a bad thermalstat, bad sesors and stuff like that..So please give me some advice and where shold I look for or replace parts in order to get it fix. Thanks for the time you've spent on my thread and once again Thanks in advance.
*sad*

Fernando
04-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Suggest you have it checked out as temperature variations can cause expense repairs later on.

You might want to get the fan clutch checked out, though.

Cheers,

Fernando

Gamite
04-04-2003, 12:15 AM
fan clutch or Thermostat.

MACI4LIFE
04-04-2003, 12:46 AM
maybe the batteries powering your cluster is going.

bmwm5lover
04-04-2003, 12:48 AM
i have the same problem....LOL, dont worry about it too much.....

Gamite
04-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
i have the same problem....LOL, dont worry about it too much.....

Um, you're not worried about your engine overheating in traffic during the summer?

mtech
04-04-2003, 12:45 PM
THanks guys and I'll have someone to look at it....

thinair
04-04-2003, 10:34 PM
Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open, get a new one.

bmwm5lover
04-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
Um, you're not worried about your engine overheating in traffic during the summer?
my whole cooling system was changed, thermostat, rad, hoses, etc etc, so its not that, it must be the cluster its self, becasue my gas consumption counter doesnt work either...

Gamite
04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
my whole cooling system was changed, thermostat, rad, hoses, etc etc, so its not that, it must be the cluster its self, becasue my gas consumption counter doesnt work either...

but he may not have the same problem.

bmwm5lover
04-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
but he may not have the same problem.
:huh?:
Anyways, ya, just get it checked out!