PDA

View Full Version : Cruise to Bimmercruise.....Anyone Going?

craigIS
08-19-2010, 04:44 PM
I think I'm planning on heading up to Bimmercruise in Brampton Sunday Sept 19.

Sept 19 2010, at the Powerade Center in Brampton. There will be a cruise to the Powerade Center from Somewhere in the Peel region. The cruise starts at 9am, and should arrive at the Powerade Center around 12pm.

So, is anyone going to Bimmercruise? If so, maybe whoever is going should cruise up together. We should set a rally point in Windsor, and a leave time from Windsor.

Since I'm in Chatham, I will be leaving from Chatham. We should set a time when the Windsor crew is coming up to the Chatham section of the 401, so that way I, and anyone else can meet up and join the Windsor guys.

I'm going to see if anyone from London is going as well. So maybe we can meet up with them too.

Even if people wait on the side of the 401 so they can just take off and join when they see the convoy coming.

Anyway, lets see what we can't get together.

Here is the link to Bimmercruise with details.
http://www.bimmercruise.com/

craigIS
08-19-2010, 04:56 PM
So Lets get a list going of who is going, and cruising up together. Include you screen name, and city.

1. CraigIS - Chatham

ProStreetDriver
08-19-2010, 10:35 PM
1. CraigIS - Chatham

2. ProStreetDriver - Port Franks

I should be going as long as everything goes good. I get on the highway at Strathroy if you guys want to set that up as one of the meet points.

craigIS
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
1. CraigIS - Chatham

I should be going as long as everything goes good. I get on the highway at Strathroy if you guys want to set that up as one of the meet points.

Okay, so why don't we set the London rally point at Wellington & 401. In a parking lot, or on the side of the 401, it's your choice.

ProStreetDriver
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
How about the Cosco parking lot... It seems to be the closest off the highway, and is visible from the highway too.

craigIS
08-24-2010, 06:37 PM
How about the Cosco parking lot... It seems to be the closest off the highway, and is visible from the highway too.

Deal!

Nerk
09-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Let me check my schedule... sounds very tempting... give the old E30 a stretch before hitting storage for the winter...

craigIS
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
hope to see you there, but we can talk more about it tonight.

Nerk
09-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I think I'm in... and trying to convince Ming ;)

1. CraigIS - Chatham

3. Nerk? - Windsor

4. Ming? - Chatham

craigIS
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
I think I'm going to have to bail on this. Car is in too bad of shape to go. Needs oil change (no prob), fuel filter, oil filter, spark plugs, ICV, and O2 sensor.

And no money to do any of it, due to court costs from my daughters custody cases.

If anyone is coming through Chatham, and needs a passenger, I will accept the offer hahaha.

Nerk
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah, I think its looking doubtful over here as well ;( too much to work to do on it... Leather restoration, new tires, I'd really like to get the body work done and new muffler with CAI installed... then she'd be ready....

craigIS
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Well, looks like I may be able to make it, even with out these repairs done. I'll just spend the money I don't have anyway.

For the people who are going, do we want to partake in the cruise to the show, or just go to the show? The cruise starts at 9am, and should get to the Powerade center around 12pm. For the Windsor guys, if we going to try to make the cruise, that would mean leaving at about 5am, Chatham about 6am, London about 7am.

ProStreetDriver
09-14-2010, 09:47 PM
As much as I would love to make it out too the cruise... I definitely don't want to get up that early lol. So no go on the cruise, but a yes for the show.

PedroBMW
09-14-2010, 11:58 PM
so anybody from windsor going?

looks like its gonna be pretty chilly, I'm debating whether to go. We went a couple years ago when it was at mosport, it wasn't bad but the weather was also really lame with rain, not sure if i feel up to it.... but i guess it is good turbo weather... hmmm....*shiner*

craigIS
09-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Okay, so lets forget all about the pre cruise, since we will be doing the long drive up there.

We'll just show up at the show. Check the Bimmercruise link out for updated info, such as price to enter show and shine. Which I will be doing for shits and giggles.

Now, these are the times we have to depart each city "by", and the meet points. (I am assuming Windsor will meet at Timmies on Dougall & Cabana. If not, feel free to change it.

Windsor leaves @ 8am - Tim Hortons, Dougall & Cabana
Chatham leaves @ 9am - Bloomfield Rd truck stop, off 401
London leaves @ 10am - Cosco Parking lot, on Wellington

Any issue, post, and let everyone know. I don't feel like being the only one going.....come on.....

Nerk
09-15-2010, 11:01 PM
take lots of pictures guys.... I won't make it :( maybe next year...

ProStreetDriver
09-16-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm not going now... Water pump went on my car today :(

Boxer2
09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
If the weather looks good, and I can find someone to babysit my dog, I'm in......I would be meeting whoever is coming along near exit 203 along the 401 around 10am......

Hey Matt, if you can get a pump for Saturday, stop by my shop and I can put it on for you...I got your message yesterday, but my phone was dead...I will try calling you today sometime.

R

craigIS
09-16-2010, 02:10 PM
If the weather looks good, and I can find someone to babysit my dog, I'm in......I would be meeting whoever is coming along near exit 203 along the 401 around 10am......

Hey Matt, if you can get a pump for Saturday, stop by my shop and I can put it on for you...I got your message yesterday, but my phone was dead...I will try calling you today sometime.

R

I hope you come "R". lol. I don't know how to spell your name, so that's the tag your stuck with.

The Windsor and Chatham guys, seem to have all bailed. 328IScreamer is in Waterloo for work on the weekend, and just had surgery, so obviously can't go. I seem to be the only one going from these parts.

Boxer2
09-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I hope you come "R". lol. I don't know how to spell your name, so that's the tag your stuck with.

The Windsor and Chatham guys, seem to have all bailed. 328IScreamer is in Waterloo for work on the weekend, and just had surgery, so obviously can't go. I seem to be the only one going from these parts.

ya I've been trying to get out to this show for a few years now and things just never seemed to pan out in my favor. This year it's pretty much a for sure thing, and since the trillium club will be there holding an autocross, it just makes it so much more tempting to make the effort and get out there.

I don't mind the "R" for my tag, but the correct spelling is Rene, lol

So I guess if it's just you and I going we could just meet up in the car pool lot at exit 203, is that ok with you?

craigIS
09-17-2010, 09:51 AM
ya I've been trying to get out to this show for a few years now and things just never seemed to pan out in my favor. This year it's pretty much a for sure thing, and since the trillium club will be there holding an autocross, it just makes it so much more tempting to make the effort and get out there.

I don't mind the "R" for my tag, but the correct spelling is Rene, lol

So I guess if it's just you and I going we could just meet up in the car pool lot at exit 203, is that ok with you?

This is the first year my car has been running so, I'm not going to miss this for anything.

Exit 203, at the car pool. 10am? If that's not good, let me know.

Nerk
09-17-2010, 11:49 AM
You guys are making me so jealous... Have fun tomorrow... hope the weather holds up for you guys...

ProStreetDriver
09-17-2010, 10:38 PM

R

It actually happened 20 minutes down the road in Parkhill. Joe brought some tools over and helped my dad and I out on the side of the road. We were hoping it was the fan, but the bearings in the pump were done so I just it had to go on a flat bed. I'm just doing the fix in the driveway lol. Got the pump off today, and I'm picking the new pump up tomorrow. Thanks anyways though :)

Boxer2
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
This is the first year my car has been running so, I'm not going to miss this for anything.

Exit 203, at the car pool. 10am? If that's not good, let me know.

10am sounds good to me, see you there.

It actually happened 20 minutes down the road in Parkhill. Joe brought some tools over and helped my dad and I out on the side of the road. We were hoping it was the fan, but the bearings in the pump were done so I just it had to go on a flat bed. I'm just doing the fix in the driveway lol. Got the pump off today, and I'm picking the new pump up tomorrow. Thanks anyways though :)

Oh right on dude, so do you figure you might get it done in time for bimmercruise?

ProStreetDriver
09-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh right on dude, so do you figure you might get it done in time for bimmercruise?

Probably not unfortunately :(