PDA

View Full Version : 335i turbo

Megageek
08-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Can anyone who has a 335 or knows of someone with one confirm or deny what I've heard about BMW manufacturing the replacement turbos with better materials to prevent failure in the future? At least one of the turbos in my car needs to be replaced and Im just trying to figure out if this is an issue that will be resurfacing in the future. If so I will not be taking her past 3000rpms.

hypno_nls1
08-03-2010, 02:13 AM
I gotta ask what year is this how is the turbo going already

Megageek
08-03-2010, 02:49 AM
2007, surprise surprise. And I not sure to be exact. I heard a noise that sounded like a grinding or bag of pop cans under the hood, took it into BMW and they head mechanic didnt even need to take it out of the lot before he was like "yep, thats the turbo. Its perfectly drivable, but we are going to have to replace it" Im scheduled for service august 16th, becuase they cant get me a loaner anytime sooner. After reading up on it I thought it was just the waste gate, but I think the whole thing is shot, because it doesnt seem like the car has any low end power.

bmwins
08-03-2010, 05:50 PM
my brothers 335i has had the turbos replaced and retuned. first it was vanos failures and now turbo. but atleast the turbos got replaced. but fyi the car ran much better after.