PDA

View Full Version : First Oil Change!

Fast_Gal
04-02-2003, 04:18 AM
Just wanted to give you all an update on my car...
I purchased it in Sept 02' and did an oil change at 3000km. I just hit 10,000k and did my second oil change yesterday myself!! The filter was $15 from BMW. I thought that wasn't too expensive. My old oil wasn't actually that bad either. However i'm still glad i did it.

The story so far,

So far the car is fantastic. I've had absolutely no major problems. I totally recomend everyone buy a brand new BMW sometime in their lives.

Ok.... that's all for now.

WASABI
04-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Well done ! Do you go by the indicator lights? or just by kms? and did you go synthetic?*th-up*

Unknown
04-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Wow, only $15. Mine costs around $20. Is yours a cartridge too?

Bill Gates
04-02-2003, 01:03 PM
WOW, you did the oil change yourself? pretty impressive for a Gal. *th-up* i guess you have the reset tool.

hmm... i'm thinkin' i should try this one day. btw, how long did it take for your first time?

Again, Great Job!

moerom
04-02-2003, 02:37 PM
You are the only girl on this planet who would know how to do that.

I asked my sister how many cylinders were in her motor and she said, "UMMM, I dunno, 2?"

lol:)

Jon@Bimmersport
04-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by moerom
You are the only girl on this planet who would know how to do that.

I asked my sister how many cylinders were in her motor and she said, "UMMM, I dunno, 2?"

lol:)

wat car is that?

congrats fast gal...was it hard? the first oil change i ever did myself was in autoshop on my friends civic..

Fast_Gal
04-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
wat car is that?

congrats fast gal...was it hard? the first oil change i ever did myself was in autoshop on my friends civic..

It helps when you're boyfriend is a lic mechanic:D

Miguel
04-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Fast_Gal
It helps when you're boyfriend is a lic mechanic:D

Damn.. I wish I had a lic mechanic boyfriend...

with big tits.:madnoel:

qwk325
04-02-2003, 11:40 PM
UUUHUMMMMMM !!!!!!

Funny last i remembered my hands were the ones in oil ( LOL ) :D , and yes synthetic oil was used.

Miguel
04-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by qwk325
UUUHUMMMMMM !!!!!!

Funny last i remembered my hands were the ones in oil ( LOL ) :D , and yes synthetic oil was used.

THE TRUTH COMES OUT!!! LOL

jeremy
04-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by qwk325
UUUHUMMMMMM !!!!!!

sold out, by your man ( i assume):D

Fast_Gal
04-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
sold out, by your man ( i assume):D \

:D oops!! BUSTED! Ok, ok but i DID go buy the oil filter myself!:D

Fast_Gal
04-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
sold out, by your man ( i assume):D \

:D oops!! BUSTED! Ok, ok but i DID go buy the oil filter myself!:D

elraton16
04-03-2003, 02:31 AM
hey whats up, my dad just bought a brand new 2003 bmw 325ci in blue. THE WHOLE FAMILY IS GOING NUTS! me and my dad are absolutely nuts about bmw's and when he got his new car he had the biggest smile on his face! ive never seen such beauty.......

anyways here at the dealer they do that shit for free i think BUT i have an e36 318i and i really wanna find out how the hell to change the oil, i hear its a sinch but can someone plz give me some info?

sonic07
04-03-2003, 04:49 AM
piece of cake to change oil ... well as long as you do it properly,
get underneeth the car locate the drain plug on the oil pan and take it off with a wrench do not mistaken with the tranny plug if you have manual transmission. than locate the oil filter using the right size oil filter wrench and take the filter off. there two size filter wrench in general for BMW use a smaller one. also make sure that the old oil filter gasket it's off sometime it gets stuck on the engine. get the new oil filter make sure the right one. and put a little bit oil around the ring gasket and spin it on usually hand tight is good enough but if you not sure once the filter on you can cover it with the rag and use the filter wrench no more than 1/4 way. make sure you get a quality filter to be safe get it from the dealer unless you know one that's approved by BMW. because BMW has alot higher oil pressure on the filter than most regular car. i've seen some cheap oil filter actually bend on the plate and push out and cause to leak all over beside might seize your engine. place the drain plug back on be sure to check the gasket or replace it is even better and refill the oil according to your manual spec. and make sure the oil cap back on properly or you won't be able to start your engine. you can do all these in less than 15 minutes with right tools that is. if you doit in the weekend with some beers and music approx. about 2hrs. ...lol ..