PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for passing e-test?

nos_fx
04-01-2003, 10:25 PM
Does anyone have any tips for passing e-test?

bmwm5lover
04-01-2003, 11:02 PM
they sell that crap in Crappy tire that supposebly "gurantees' that you pass emission test..... try it out...

dtthiaga
04-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Make sure the car is good a warm when the test is done. Have an appointment, and take the car on the highway before going in.

If you think it needs it, change the air filter/sparkplugs. I used a fuel injector cleaner a week or so before taking the test. Do an oil change before the test as well (couple of days before). You probably won’t have any problem, but these are a few inexpensive things you can do.

I had an 88 Corolla with 270+ KM to pass the emissions test with flying colours with the above few things.

Good Luck

Miguel
04-02-2003, 04:18 AM
Also waste all the gas in your car and fill it with HIGH octane gas at sunoca and THEN add that crappy tire stuff.

WASABI
04-02-2003, 01:03 PM
Drive the car hard a couple days before the test.

Fernando
04-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Get another car with similar specs as yours (which has recently passed test), go to a shop that you know and does emission tests and have them hook-up your buddies car but enter your vin number on the computer.....

There you go!!!!!

I didn't give you this tip by the way...

"Life is about who gets to the finish line first."

Cheers,

Fern

qwk325
04-02-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Fernando
Get another car with similar specs as yours (which has recently passed test), go to a shop that you know and does emission tests and have them hook-up your buddies car but enter your vin number on the computer.....

There you go!!!!!

I didn't give you this tip by the way...

"Life is about who gets to the finish line first."

Cheers,

Fern

*no-no* thats not a good way to do that :D
dtthiaga is on the right track .