PDA

View Full Version : Which of the two would you recommend !!!

qwk325
04-01-2003, 09:30 PM
Hey guys , need some advice here.

I am shopping for an aluminum lightened flywheel , there is a toss up of two companies.

1) Turner Motorsports has an aluminum flywheel for my car complete with clutch and all accesories for 595 us.

2) Korman Autoworks also has the same flywheel but with no clutch and accesories . I am waiting on a price.

from experience which of the two companies is better for their products , I know TMS is well known .

Thanks guys just some advice before I purchase this.

Vito.

thinair
04-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Are those the only two companies you'll consider?

I've been researching this a bit and in my opinion the best flywheel is the UUC stage II flywheel ($500US) that use an e34 M5 clutch kit ($650CAN). It's supposedly rattle free, and the m5 clutch can take quite a bit of power. Plus it reduces the clutch pedal effort, which I also want.

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/flywheel/LFWLE36SH.htm

This is what I'm planning on getting once my clutch needs to be replaced (which looks like it may be sooner then I'd like).

Also, from what I remember reading elsewhere, the TMS, Korman, AA, BavAuto, and UUC Stage one lightweight flywheels are all made by a company called Fidenza, and are basically the same flywheel.

qwk325
04-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks thinair,

I looked at the link you had sent me, its really eye catching,

the only thing is you still have to buy the clutch and the throwout bearing , the TMS one coes complete with clutch , I dont know Im still undecisive but i need to do it cause my clutch is starting to knock.

Thanks for the reply , Vito.