PDA

View Full Version : Electrifying!!

zerosignal
07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Hey, I've pulled my interior door panel off to put in some new speakers. I pulled apart an old surround sound system to get three speakers for each door (6ohms each)...to replace the stock two.

I noticed the old ones had two wires going into them (like all speakers) but the connector clip on the speaker has three prongs, Whats up with that...

Also my door speaker is (the big one) is 8ohms... my replacement one is 6ohms, 45 watt. I think It should be ok, since im gona wire the big and medium on in parallel so they will be under powered?

Also while Im at it. I have a 12 inch blue neon light Im gona mold into the door using some fiber res. it needs 12v to run.... can I splice into the power mirror to power my light or will it melt

5style
07-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Hey, I've pulled my interior door panel off to put in some new speakers. I pulled apart an old surround sound system to get three speakers for each door (6ohms each)...to replace the stock two.

I noticed the old ones had two wires going into them (like all speakers) but the connector clip on the speaker has three prongs, Whats up with that...

Also my door speaker is (the big one) is 8ohms... my replacement one is 6ohms, 45 watt. I think It should be ok, since im gona wire the big and medium on in parallel so they will be under powered?

Also while Im at it. I have a 12 inch blue neon light Im gona mold into the door using some fiber res. it needs 12v to run.... can I splice into the power mirror to power my light or will it melt

Put your panel back on and leave it. No ricer lights