PDA

View Full Version : To: Chris Bangle (BMW car designer)

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 03:10 AM
You're making us all cry !!

SickFinga
04-01-2003, 03:14 AM
Rob, newsflash
E46 was designed by Chris Bangle, so why is it crying?

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by SickFinga
Rob, newsflash

I didn't design this. It was from another forum. I think it's pretty funny.

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 03:27 AM
Rob, newsflash

LOL i was thinking the same thing

damn honda salesman..dont know anything! lol jk!

chris bangle has some stupid cars, and some nice ones..i like e46, Z4 and the 7 series too

M50E30
04-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Rob, newsflash

The car is crying because it knows its an ugly baby! You know...like Rob!

Click here for more ugly Rob comments! (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=130984#post130984)

EMPOWERD
04-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Can't stand the Z4... wouldn't take one if you paid me! Not a fan at ALL of the E65 either. I wish he went back to Skoda.

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by empowerd
Can't stand the Z4... wouldn't take one if you paid me! Not a fan at ALL of the E65 either. I wish he went back to Skoda.

if i can re-call randy..u were in vlad's car for how many minutes in amazement? haha....u were playing with the auto closing doors for like 10min!

SickFinga
04-01-2003, 03:40 AM
Randy, really?? I saw a couple of Z4 on the road and they look damn nice without that ugly roof cover.

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 03:46 AM
Z4 is okay at best, Wouldn't think of buying one ......

I couldn't see myself buying any new BMW's ....
If I didn't have my M3, I would defenitly buy either a new Audi A4 or S4, or A 1995/1996 Porsche 993 C2 coupe 6spd.

EMPOWERD
04-01-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
if i can re-call randy..u were in vlad's car for how many minutes in amazement? haha....u were playing with the auto closing doors for like 10min!

I love all the toys inside the car Jon, just can't stand the look of it.

I can honestly say that I feel (just my opinion) the Z4 is hands down the UGLIEST car produced by any automaker in the entire universe. I dislike it more than the Jaguar E class, Buick Skylark, Isetta, LeCar, Gremlin, Volare, Audi TT (close 2nd) etc.... Sorry Chris Bangle... please get lost before you ruin more models.

I am quickly becoming more of a Mercedes Benz admirer than the Bangle-ized BMW design of the new millenium.

///Milk
04-01-2003, 03:55 AM
It looks liek those are bras on those BMW headlights
what shitty ass cars has Bunghole made?
I like the 7er, Z4, and E46
lol he should go to skoda lololol
lololololololol
Auto Closing doors?!
Dude no joke!
That is sooo futuristic!!
hahahaha i wish i could have been in Randy's shoes!
Those doors on the Z4?
whoa!
gotta go to the dealership my dad works at!

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 03:57 AM

I can honestly say that I feel (just my opinion) the Z4 is hands down the UGLIEST car produced by any automaker in the entire universe. I dislike it more than the Jaguar E class, Buick Skylark, Isetta, LeCar, Gremlin, Volare, Audi TT (close 2nd) etc.... Sorry Chris Bangle... please get lost before you ruin more models.

I am quickly becoming more of a Mercedes Benz admirer than the Bangle-ized BMW design of the new millenium.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YA!! the malibu aint on there eh!! that car is the fugliest, POS ever...i was screwing around last nite around the block and i took it around the corner and i thought it would tip over...

Miguel
04-01-2003, 03:59 AM

You must be smokin' something if you say its uglier than a Pontiac Aztec or a Honda Insight

EMPOWERD
04-01-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Miguel
You must be smokin' something if you say its uglier than a Pontiac Aztec or a Honda Insight

You're absolutely right... I FORGOT THEM ON MY LITTLE LIST... that's how much I HATE the new Z4 styling.

p.s.... I was smoking something, but i still feel the same way sober.*shiner*

tlaselva
04-01-2003, 04:06 AM

More ugly than the Toyota Echo?
Nothing is as ugly, and I mean notin'!

Now becoming a M/B fan, I agree.
Seems that M/B is creating classy buy brutally powerful cars that cannot be touched by any other car in the market. BMW was once the leader, seems to be now in catchup mode. Likely why BMW is contemplating the M7 now, after scoffing at the prospect only 6 months ago, which I suspected was a mistake, even then. :rolleyes:

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
More ugly than the Toyota Echo?
Nothing is as ugly, and I mean notin'!

Now becoming a M/B fan, I agree.
Seems that M/B is creating classy buy brutally powerful cars that cannot be touched by any other car in the market. BMW was once the leader, seems to be now in catchup mode. Likely why BMW is contemplating the M7 now, after scoffing at the prospect only 6 months ago. :rolleyes:

the new S500 is a TT v12 i think or v10...500 something HP!!! my god thats insane, and s-class look too...oh sexy...i'd want a silver one with AMG pkg, black leather oh so nice...

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Likely why BMW is contemplating the M7 now, after scoffing at the prospect only 6 months ago, which I suspected was a mistake, even then. :rolleyes:

what about the M4 I keep hearing about ? Will it be a 4 banger ? :confused:

///Milk
04-01-2003, 04:08 AM
Personally i HATE MBs
They are ugly to me the styling on MOST not ALL of the cars
They are pretty fast
To me nothing beats a BMW besides those powerful expensive cars
Just my 2

///Milk
04-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Here a pic of the M4 Rob
(well the model i guess)

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 04:13 AM
The M4 looks like a Nissan 350Z........ interesting,wtf are those lines on the fenders ?

ps: at least it still has the front kidney grills..... :rolleyes:

tlaselva
04-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by ROB89M3
what about the M4 I keep hearing about ? Will it be a 4 banger ? :confused:

There's rumour that BMW is planning on re-structuring they're numbering convention.

All 2 door cars will be even numbered.
ie. Z4, 6 series.

All 4 door cars will be odd numbered.

The 3 series will be the 4 door version of the next gen E46.
The 2 door version of the next gen E46 will be designated 4 series. So the next gen M3, will be rebadged as the M4.
Rumours are BMW's gonna place the V8 engine of the M5 into the next gen M4. (Or so I hoping.......)

Alezone
04-01-2003, 05:15 AM
I LIKE Z4, it's not the ugliest car in the world, it's just something different. Isn't it good to have an identity rather than some wannabes?

especially after i saw the TestDrive on Speed and seeing it on the road these days. I didn't like it when it first came out, but I'm not a close minded guy :D

heard that handling is outstanding too, dun have a chance to do a test drive yet tho.

Miguel
04-01-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by ///Milk
Here a pic of the M4 Rob
(well the model i guess)

Not everything BMW has planned is ugly...
Mark my words... all you haters will come RUNNING back.

Gamite
04-01-2003, 05:38 AM
I believe the 6 is gonna look a LOT like that Z9 coupe.

I DO like the Z4, dispite comments from this board.

although I hate the 7 and the new 5, ugh..

bart320i
04-01-2003, 12:16 PM
I agree with randy that the Z4 is ugly. I liked the current styling of the E46(coupe only). The new face lift looks brutal IMO. The new 7 looks too bulky. IMO the last gen 7er looks a 100 times better. All the 90's bimmers had awesome styling, you could tell it's a bimmer from a mile away, BMW's lines were the classiest lines out of any manufacturer. Now look at the Z4, the lines are nasty, does't even look like a bimmer. To me the E34 has way better styling than the new Z4, 7 and X5. The older BMW's were more about the raw driving experience rather than electronic gimics and extreme body styling, seems like people these days can't appreciate understated styling. The whole point of building the first gen M5 was to have a high powered sedan with understated looks to avoid unwanted attention from police. Drive a E34 M5 and drive a Z4 and see what you prefer. That is if you enjoy the driving experience rather than being noticed

Unknown
04-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Heh heh, I think my car was in that pic. At the top, under the Isetta(?) at the right corner.

What forum is it from anyway?

ROB89M3
04-01-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Unknown
What forum is it from anyway?

www.vwvortex.com

Miguel
04-01-2003, 03:14 PM
How could ANYBODY hate the TT?!? and uglier than an AZTEC?!?!
Randy.. dude.. bro... say it aint so.

M50E30
04-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
How could ANYBODY hate the TT?!? and uglier than an AZTEC?!?!
Randy.. dude.. bro... say it aint so.

Audi TT and VW New Bettle look way too similar. Wouldn't you want your highend product (Audi) to look at least a bit different then the lowend (VW). Don't get me wrong I really like some Audi's but the TT isn't one of them. An RS6 Avant...now thats a sweet Audi!

http://www.s-cars.org/rs6/Articles/RS6-AR001/DSCF0337.JPG

http://www.s-cars.org/rs6/Articles/RS6-AR001/DSCF0332.JPG

"RS6's 450 bhp, twin turbo, 4.2 liter, V8"

"The old adage states, horsepower sells motors, torque wins races. The RS6's 413 lb/ft of torque, available at 1,950 RPM, will win more than its share of stoplight drag races."

Above quotes from....www.s-cars.org (http://www.s-cars.org/rs6/Articles/RS6-AR001/rs6-ar001.html)

bmwm5lover
04-01-2003, 10:49 PM
i appreciate all the new stylings coming from BMW, especially the 7er*mw*, and in no way can i say they are ugly... like a lot of magazines have stated, they are just ahead of their time...

GR8 Ride
04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
I LOVE the new Z4....was never a really big fan of the Z3 previously, though the more muscular looking M Roadster held more appeal.

The Z4 is quite sharp looking though, and much better looking than the rather egg shaped Porsche Boxster it's competing with.

Drop the 3.2L M3 motor into the Z4, and you'd have one heck of a car.

The 7 is a good looking car, in the right colour, and in person. It certainly doesn't photograph well, especially not from the back. The rear truck / deck lid could be easily fixed to make it more subtle, and blend in much more.

Funny thing about controversy though; it's about the best advertising one can get. BMW NA can't keep the 7 series cars on the showroom floor, and those are the large profit vehicles.

Some pictures I've seen of the new 5 series (without all the disguise) have shown it to be a decent looking car. I have yet to see a lot of them, so I'm going purely on memory (which gets poor in later stages in life...).

Pat

Fast_Gal
04-02-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride
I LOVE the new Z4....was never a really big fan of the Z3 previously, though the more muscular looking M Roadster held more appeal.

The Z4 is quite sharp looking though, and much better looking than the rather egg shaped Porsche Boxster it's competing with.

I agree with Pat, I think it is a very sharp looking car. Seems like max is divided on this issue. I'd chose Z4 styling over a Z3 anyday.

SickFinga
04-02-2003, 04:08 AM
Z4 over Z3 anyday, but M Coupe is still sexier. IMO

Miguel
04-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Z4 Rocks*th-up*

PrinceE30
04-03-2003, 04:20 AM
Love the Z4 more than the Z3. Much better chassis than the Z3 also...more rigid.

Though I must say, I do miss the M Coupe!!!

-Prince

GR8 Ride
04-03-2003, 10:23 AM
Yes, the M Coupe is an awesome car. Absolutely HATED it when I first saw it...

Then I saw a couple in person, and loved it. Cool unit...

Maybe that's what I'll buy....

Pat