PDA

View Full Version : Enable email notification on PMs please !

syedali
07-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Can we, by default, enable email notifications on PM please. It's not unless someone post in the thread that he has replied to a PM that we see it in our email boxes.

I'm sure there is a way to enable if personally, but that beats the purpose. If I send someone a PM, it not until I post in a thread he subscribe to, that he will get a notification about it. A global preset would be much appreciated.

Quack
07-08-2010, 07:06 PM
not sure what you are talking about, but I get emails for PM's all the time, and I don't have any thread subscription, all those settings are really up to the user, if he turned of email notification that's his problem.

syedali
07-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I did not turn on or off anything. I signed up with default settings and I dont get email notifications on PM. It looks like you signed up waayyy before me, and this might have gotten change since then.

Mystikal
07-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Some people don't like getting emails for PMs. It's only like 3 clicks to change the setting...

syedali
07-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah I can change it on my account but then I have to post "Replied to your PM" before he realizes he has a PM !
If anything, by default, replies to thread should not generate a email notification as it might not be relevant to that specific person, but PM should always be followed by an email notification, because it is specifically addressed to that person.

hockeyfan27
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I have always had all the options enabled and one day I just stopped getting emails.