PDA

View Full Version : Hood wont open

AM0608
07-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Yesterday I took the insulation out from under the hood so I had to remove all the locking stuff. I asked my friend to shut the hood slowly so I can make sure all the locking stuff was lined up. So of course he slammed it down and said he had to force it shut. Now my hood wont open and I don't think the locking stuff is lined up right. Is there any way I can open it? I don't think its the cable.

Ceeker
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
You can try to gimme the lock with a screwdriver by taking out the center grilles.

AM0608
07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Any way to take them out without braking them?

iverson03tj
07-14-2010, 01:26 AM
i tried, but was unsuccessful.. i tired evereything.. even broke my hood release cable .... u gotta take off the grille, and try and pray that u can take it out, if not, grind the lock off, and buy a new one, there was a thread on bimmerforums about it...

Belive me its a common problem.,.

Found the link!!!

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668742

Eurostyle
07-14-2010, 01:35 AM
You can try to gimme the lock with a screwdriver by taking out the center grilles.

If he had an E30 maybe....:rolleyes:

Eurostyle
07-14-2010, 01:40 AM
If you take the grills out, you can pull on the cable, so you get the right side open at least!!!

Best bet is take it to a shop who has done this many times, will save you $$$ in broken parts!*th-up*

bmw-dinan36
08-08-2010, 05:55 PM
happened to me.. wat u can do is take the girlls out and for one side u can just pull the cable but for the other one.. my dad showed me a trick on opening it.. u need a flat head.. theres a little whole where u can see the cable attached to the piece where it releases ... like where the little circle metal thing thats suppose to pop out to close it.. just keep poking it.. till u here it click.. and it should open. i remember doing oil changes i had to open my own hood coz no one can open it but me lols