PDA

View Full Version : 95 325is blown coolant tank

BMW325IS
07-05-2010, 09:49 PM
So my coolant tank "boom"ed today, and I have to change a new one. But I noticed before it happened, the water temp is way to high. I was driving slow on local road arund 10km/h due to the traffic, and the water temp is very close to redline. After about 10 mins the coolant tank blowed. Any one konw what causes the high water temp? does it mean I need new water pump as well? thanks

BMW325IS
07-06-2010, 08:09 AM
no one had this issue before??:eek:

MarkD
07-06-2010, 08:14 AM
no one had this issue before??:eek:

It was a common problem 10 years ago. It's caused when the plastic water pump impeller blades break off, then the water pump is not working. Shortly after, the pressure in the system causes the rad to blow, just as it has for you. You now need a rad and water pump. *th-up*

T.Dot_E30
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Usually people turn the car off when the temp hits the redline.

There are a number of things that can cause a car to overheat. Thermostat, Waterpump, Headgasket, etc...

Now on top of that you'll have to deal with a warped head and/or possibly more engine damage.

Have someone look at it, fix the cooling issues and then see if the motor still runs.

MarkD
07-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Usually people turn the car off when the temp hits the redline.

There are a number of things that can cause a car to overheat. Thermostat, Waterpump, Headgasket, etc...

Now on top of that you'll have to deal with a warped head and/or possibly more engine damage.

Have someone look at it, fix the cooling issues and then see if the motor still runs.

It may work now with just a water pump and rad, and he'll need a new head gasket next year. *par-t*

noodles101
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
my overflow tank 'boom'ed a year ago.
and today my engine went 'kaboom'ed . :(