PDA

View Full Version : Belts for 318is

craigIS
07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm sure most of you know now, I have a 94 318is.

I have some serious belt slippage going on. My AC belt was loose, and the AC doesn't work, so I cut that belt off. The other belts look fine, but apparently not. There is still a belt slipping. I'm going to have a closer look in a few mins.

What I need to know is, what kind of belt would you guys suggest? Goodyear?

I may be back on here to ask some more questions if I have any.

Thanks for the input guys.

Update: I think I need an alt belt. problem is, I can't seem to find a part # on the belt itself. I only have a Can Tire where I live, and they don't know which belt I need. any help on this issue?

325isdan
07-02-2010, 07:29 PM
The site I use to buy most to all my car parts.

www.autopartsway.ca

all OEM or better parts and really great pricing plus free shipping on orders over $75.

Ceeker
07-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm sure most of you know now, I have a 94 318is.

I have some serious belt slippage going on. My AC belt was loose, and the AC doesn't work, so I cut that belt off. The other belts look fine, but apparently not. There is still a belt slipping. I'm going to have a closer look in a few mins.

What I need to know is, what kind of belt would you guys suggest? Goodyear?

I may be back on here to ask some more questions if I have any.

Thanks for the input guys.

Update: I think I need an alt belt. problem is, I can't seem to find a part # on the belt itself. I only have a Can Tire where I live, and they don't know which belt I need. any help on this issue?

Cut the belt off, take it in with you and once they do a search and pull the part number you can match it up to see if it's the same. Mind you that's if they stock it.
other choice, which I'm sure was suggested is go on real OEM and check numbers there. then head to dealership. they use continental products. it doesn't matter what make they are..lol. but if you really want to not slip, get some performance belts like Michelin for good traction and hook up..LOL..

poolays
07-02-2010, 07:39 PM
i suggest getting a dayco belt, just replaced both my belts on my E36 not long ago and havent had any problem, also the price wasnt bad.