PDA

View Full Version : AE mod complete....

///Greco540
03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
I think I'm getting more and more confidence on my mechanic skills, I might try some more daring projects.

Nonetheless the install would have taken my about an hour but I ran into a small problem.

We had a wet snow all day yesterday and into the night so don't come at me at how dirty my car is. Tomorrow when it goes to the dealer for oil change and headlight alignment I'll get my curtosy wash. So at lest you will all see my car in it's "winter mode".

Ahh yes, the joys of winter....
http://members.roadfly.org/greco540/aepart1.jpg

First one done, the easiest one in about 20 minutes. Not bad for someone of my skills.
http://members.roadfly.org/greco540/aepart2.jpg

All done. Isn't it beautiful...
http://members.roadfly.org/greco540/aepart3.jpg

I ran into a fitting problem on the passenger side one. It gave me a hard time getting in there and into the bracket sleeves. I think I'll get the bmw mechanic to check my install for me before he does the alingment.

bmwm5lover
03-31-2003, 05:53 PM
very nice!

KennyTheGreat
03-31-2003, 05:56 PM
wow nice

is it really that dirty in montreal? *wiggle*

///Greco540
03-31-2003, 06:00 PM
We had wet snow yesterday and I had to make a small trip last night that took me on ethe highway, so the obvious was not unavoidable..

Fernando
03-31-2003, 06:04 PM
very nice.

When are the rears being done? Are you going celis or regular clears?

Cheers,

BTW any problems with the common items e39 540i's suffer from, ie: rad, etc... Whats your mileage?

Cheers,

Fern

///Greco540
03-31-2003, 06:09 PM
I'm gonna go CELIS rears, I took a look at both and the CELIS covers seemed more clearer and less hazy.

Thankfully all I have expreinced so far is one cat going bad, and 2 O2 sensors. Although I've just probably jinxed it and everything will start to happen now...

I got 105K Kms on mine, which for this car is really a walk in the park.

Shamis
03-31-2003, 10:23 PM
looks tight

Soldo
03-31-2003, 10:34 PM
LOOKING GREAT GRECO!
the one and ONLY thing your car needs now is that FRONT PLATE filler!!!
your lucky that you live in MONTREAL!
take full advantage of not having a front plate!

///Greco540
03-31-2003, 11:14 PM
Actually saving up for M5 body kit. So filler not important to me right now.

Soldo
04-01-2003, 02:13 AM
WOW!
thats gonna be one AMAZING MACHINE!!!!

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 03:11 AM
soldomatic i dont get it..why didnt u jus put thats amazing in the first post? lol

greco, u had to bend a pipe right? i read the whole write up on that conversion and know it like the back of my hand now :D

Gamite
04-01-2003, 04:52 AM
ooooooohh.. that's beautiful man...

NOW CLEAN THE CAR! :P

///Greco540
04-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
soldomatic i dont get it..why didnt u jus put thats amazing in the first post? lol

greco, u had to bend a pipe right? i read the whole write up on that conversion and know it like the back of my hand now :D

That's right, I had to manually bend the AC filler pipe to allow for clearance of the low beam. These lenses are deeper than the original ones. A CAI would have allowed me to put it perfectly away as with the air box its pretty tight in there.

Compared to my stock HID's these give a whole new meaning to the term high intesity...

Originally posted by Gamite
ooooooohh.. that's beautiful man...

NOW CLEAN THE CAR! :P
Its called "Winter Mode" Gamite, you know that....